Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options
1383940414244»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

irishmover wrote: »
    Yeh I have them liked on Facebook. Normally get a quick read of it when I get up the next day after a game. Normally some good discussions but don't really interact on that site.

Yeah same here, it's a bit hit n miss but I always like reading marks out of ten for players and I like that they back it up with stats

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

So our EL journey this season is over. Next season the winner gets into the Champions League, which will make it significantly more interesting. Which will be more difficult next season - getting into the CL through 4th place or higher or through winning the EL? And would you be happy if whoever is in charge next season really goes for the EL, perhaps at the expense of the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Benfica v AZ

Lyon v Juve

Basel v Valencia

Porto v Sevilla

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

SuprSi wrote: »
    So our EL journey this season is over. Next season the winner gets into the Champions League, which will make it significantly more interesting. Which will be more difficult next season - getting into the CL through 4th place or higher or through winning the EL? And would you be happy if whoever is in charge next season really goes for the EL, perhaps at the expense of the league?

If UEFA are serious about trying to boost the EL by awarding a CL place to the winner from next season, then they need to stop the ridiculous farce of parachuting 8 teams from the CL into the last 32 every year.

Looking at this year's quarter final draw, I'm guessing 6 of the 8 remaining teams played in the CL this season. Most of these are fairly certain of CL qualification every year through their own leagues.

The EL already has a huge number of groups and games before Christmas. The CL teams have already had the opportunity to play in the higher competition. It's not right to reward failure (3rd place in the group) by putting these teams into the EL. The EL should go straight to a last 16 (with a little reorganising) in March. This would be fairer and also mean fewer games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Just wondering does anyone feel the same about this. I've always hated having to play games on a Sunday 95% of the time cos of the Europa League.

Do others prefer Spurs playing on Saturdays or does it make no odds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Just wondering does anyone feel the same about this. I've always hated having to play games on a Sunday 95% of the time cos of the Europa League.

Do others prefer Spurs playing on Saturdays or does it make no odds?

Well I am just here to unfollow this thread and I am in no hurry to see any use for Europa league thread on Spurs site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

So we got straight in to the Play Off stage ;)

Advertisement