Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europa League Thread 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

From this Thursday (19th) we have 7 games in 30 days, so there's no excuses for not fully rotating the players - we have the depth so lets us it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

From this Thursday (19th) we have 7 games in 30 days, so there's no excuses for not fully rotating the players - we have the depth so lets us it!

Yes, for once the EL isn't a hindrance to our squad, gives us a perfect opportunity to rotate the full squad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I'd keep Lamela for the weekend

Too early to be starting Lamela in the PL, especially away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I'd play Lamela against Tromso at home no problem, this level of European competition is probably ideal for him settling in. Rather this game than a full debut away to Cardiff!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

I'd play Lamela against Tromso at home no problem, this level of European competition is probably ideal for him settling in. Rather this game than a full debut away to Cardiff!

Agreed...
    Lamela would get the bejaysus kicked out of him in Cardiff...
    Playing at home with 80% possession and on the front foot..he'll get lots of the ball.
    Actually looking forward to these Europa games,squad is so big we'll always have at least 7 "starters" if you know what i mean.

COYS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Match is on 3e.

tippspur wrote: »
    Match is on 3e.

Also ITV4 which I have it in HD, can't bring myself to watch the dire quality on 3E

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

ITV4 all the way, I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who has to endure TV3's coverage. Hope Lamela starts tonight.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    ITV4 all the way, I feel genuinely sorry for anyone who has to endure TV3's coverage. Hope Lamela starts tonight.

Yeah, ITV4 frequency is 10758 22000 V 5/6 (HD one is a paid channel, UK only) for anyone doomed to 3e

All frequencies are here: http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Sugarlumps wrote: »

The most painful thing of being in the Europa Cup is having to watch football on ITV4 or TV3. They're both as bad as each other.

ITV4 shades it because you can watch in HD. Though the commentary on both is dire. If I have to listen to Clarke Carlisle for two more minutes I'll cry.

Sound off in the Europa League for me.

• Advertisement

The most painful thing of being in the Europa Cup is having to watch football on ITV4 or TV3. They're both as bad as each other.

There is a even a huge difference in resolution, Tv3/3e really looks dire on a decent TV

Tv3/3e = 544 x 576
    ITV 4 = 704 x 576
    ITV 4 HD = 1920 x 1080

It's a pity because ITV have been looking to enter the Irish market but are being blocked by Tv3/3e who have not made a decent investment and spend their whole time complaining and begging for price reductions and funding. Most of what Tv3/3e show is on ITV and the documentarys they make themselves are pure shíte, they contribute nothing (other than Vincent Browne) and are riddled with adverts

AM I mad in thinking we'll win by 5-0 or 6-0??
    Cant see anything less!!!

Bet for the night..

Fiorentina -2 away to Paco ..bottom of Portuguese league.. 5/2.
    Spurs - 3 ... 21/10.

Double.....Choo Chooooooooooo.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

AM I mad in thinking we'll win by 5-0 or 6-0??
    Cant see anything less!!!

Bet for the night..

Fiorentina -2 away to Paco ..bottom of Portuguese league.. 5/2.
    Spurs - 3 ... 21/10.

Double.....Choo Chooooooooooo.;)

Our resident forum expert gambler ;)

On a side note, Carroll didn't get on the pitch for QPR last night, and with all there central midfielders, I'd have rathered keep him for nights like tonight, what do you think ?

i was/am a big fan of Carroll, but when i read that Erikson is 3 months older than him i realised that he'll never make it at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Thats a bit disappointing for Carroll, if he isn't going to get game time there the loan isn't going to be much use to him.

I'd like to see Sandro and Holtby as the 2 centre mids, defoe upfront, chadli, lamela and Siggy behind the striker. hopefully Naughton gets a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

With us playing 3 games in 6 days i think this one is of the least importance.expecting to see the usual suspects in the starting 11
    friedel
    naughton
    holtby
    defoe
    etc
    we'll also have a strong bench in case Tromso cause us problems,very much doubt it tho.
    4-0 win.defoe x2 holtby and siggs with the goals,easy peasey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Chiriches might play, work permit cleared.

Chiriches might play, work permit cleared.

Cool, looking forward to seeing him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I assume whoever plays tonight will be playing on Tuesday, leaving the 'weekend players'* free for Cardiff on Sunday and Chelsea next week.

*i didn't think 'first team' sounded right...

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial 23s
    We'll have the team very soon but we can tell you that Erik Lamela makes his first start for us tonight. #THFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

dont like the way lloris is starting. should be friedel, lloris shouldnt be risked

Here's our team - Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose; Dembele, Sandro; Lamela, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Defoe

FFS, put Brad in my EL fantasy team, was convinced he's play every game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

TEAM v TROMSO - Lloris; Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Rose; Dembele, Sandro; Lamela, Holtby, Sigurdsson; Defoe. First start for Lamela. Subs next.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Bench: Friedel, Eriksen, Soldado, Townsend, Paulinho, Kane, Vertonghen

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Spurs being favourites for the Europa league seems wierd right? Not experienced anything like that since I started supporting spurs in 01.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Why do they keep calling the (white )Lamela the (black )naughton?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Great goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

There I was complaining to myself about how Defoe had no finesse to his finishing and he does that - great goal

Nice one defoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

jermaine defoe! easy-oh

Advertisement