Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Check When My Area Will Get eFibre?

Options
  • 09-08-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

I was on to a representative earlier regarding my work address, and he was able to tell me straight away exactly what exchange we were on and when it would be upgraded to eFibre. I would love if I could get the same info for my home address. Could I PM a representative and have this checked out please? I am not a current Eircom customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rfallon

You can get an approximation here
    http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

Many thanks, I have a pleasant surprise that my area is currently being eFibered. I am disappointed though that the speed will 'only' be 24MB, I had been thinking about UPC at 50MB but when I connectd to a neighbour, he's only getting 24MB too.

Upload speed looks good and I'll get the auto update, so nice. I did see the road works in my area, didn't think they had to dig up the roads anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

will e fibre make a difference not yet in my area but i have broadband advanced unlimited which is progressively getting worse by the day. Recent speedtest shows i have a download speed of 5.26mps and upload of 285kps.

Could somebody from eircom look into this can pm account and telephone number if required.
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi kooga,

The best advice I can offer is to contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0)
    They will troubleshoot with you to identify the issue and hopeully resolve it.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement