Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you like/loathe about the US compared to home (Ireland)?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Kathnora wrote: »

Over reaction of Highway Patrol when you commit a minor offence (e.g. pulling you in for not giving enough space for patrol car that is parked on the shoulder..i.e. not moving over to the fast lane). Cops are everywhere and some seem to have a quota of cars they must stop every day in order to keep their jobs (seems that way anyway)

Translation......not happy when the cops pull you over for breaking a law that you don't think is all that important.

Just do a youtube search on "cop hit by car during traffic stop" and you'll see that the cops aren't over reacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Our staples come from trader joes, but we are very very careful about out meat and veg.
    That said, even the meat at trader joes is organic, we just got into the habit of buying across the street.

An American friend of mine was fully sure that Trader Joes was a mom and pop type of store and as American as apple pie.

She was absolutely shocked when I informed her that Trader Joes was actually just a posh ALDI, who is it's owners.

They don't publicise that too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Americans don't moan about the weather as much as the Irish. :p Heatwave over the Midwest this week, killing me already!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Murt10 wrote: »
    She was absolutely shocked when I informed her that Trader Joes was actually just a posh ALDI, who is it's owners.

They don't publicise that too much.

Well, its stretching it a little. Its a bit like saying Guinness is an English drink just because its owned by Diagio.

or that a Jaguar is an Indian car.

Aldi bought Trader Joes well after it was an established chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭eire4

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Americans don't moan about the weather as much as the Irish. :p Heatwave over the Midwest this week, killing me already!

It is pretty humid today thats for sure. I have never been able to adapt to the heat and humidity.

• Advertisement
Advertisement