Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hipster Hatred

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

What bugs me most about it is that unsuspecting oddballs that are actually into some obscure/retro stuff and dress a little different but dont shove it in peoples faces get caught in the cross fire.
    Yup. People who act superior to others because of their taste etc have always been around btw - "hipster" is nothing new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Urge to kill, reaching boiling point... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭markomuscle

Cienciano wrote: »
    I defy anyone to watch this and not hate hipsters afterwards

am i the only one who was aroused by watching this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Yup. People who act superior to others because of their taste etc have always been around btw - "hipster" is nothing new.

Hipsters have made it into a lifestyle though or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

There seems to be a hipster-hating bandwagon and double standards though. I hear people giving out about them being into obscure music... yet also being into obscure music themselves. But it's ok, because it's not the type of obscure music hipsters are into, or something.

They need to have a hipster pride march seen as they get more abuse the homosexual people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

#inb4 i hated hipsters before it was mainstream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

There seems to be a hipster-hating bandwagon and double standards though. I hear people giving out about them being into obscure music... yet also being into obscure music themselves. But it's ok, because it's not the type of obscure music hipsters are into, or something.

Thats true, and as I said in the other post people genuinely into obscure stuff will get caught in the crossfire. If you are seen to be into anything obscure you're a hipster because hating hipsters is the new thing. There is nothing wrong with being into obscure stuff, its just making a point of letting people know they are into it to me signifies that they are more into being seen to be into it than anything else.

Its that need to be seen to into that stuff that I think makes them Hipsters and sets them apart from your every day oddball. Because their level of interest stops at "Look at how obscure I am".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I used to hate hipsters, but then everyone else started hating them too. So now I'm going to be original and say I love them.
    Sooner or later that will catch on too though, then I'll be rightly foooooooooooooooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

We've all had our troubles with tin openers, but two minutes to open a tin of spag?

No doubt there is some symbolism to why it took her so long to open a can of beans and cut the crotch out of her tights to play with herself.

Very very obscure, hipster rating 9.5/10

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

On a bus recently I overheard two lovely gentlemen telling a lady friend of theirs: 'We just HATE anything that's mainstream. Like, what's the point?? Hash-tagging, for example, used to be cool. Now it's so common, everyone is doing it. That's why we started Star-tagging. It's really cool, we're trying to get it to catch on.'

Yep. That's right. Star-tagging.

Also, hypocrites. :rolleyes:
    *yolo4lyf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

Thats true, and as I said in the other post people genuinely into obscure stuff will get caught in the crossfire. If you are seen to be into anything obscure you're a hipster because hating hipsters is the new thing. There is nothing wrong with being into obscure stuff, its just making a point of letting people know they are into it to me signifies that they are more into being seen to be into it than anything else.

Its that need to be seen to into that stuff that I think makes them Hipsters and sets them apart from your every day oddball. Because their level of interest stops at "Look at how obscure I am".

Its because hipsters ruin stuff thats genuinely good by making it about appearance and being cool rather than just liking stuff for being what it is and importantly not talking loudly about it in public places!
    Being a pretentious fake "arty" dickhead has been despised forever (because their despicable:D ) , its just that hipsters tend to be these types of people.

ps get a digital TIMEX way less mainstream and a bit more subtle than the Casio's (also better straps) ;)

Advertisement