Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dash cams as home security cams

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wouldn't be great IMO.
    Also you would need to ensure there was an option to overwrite old data, otherwise it would be a right pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    Wouldn't be great IMO.
    Also you would need to ensure there was an option to overwrite old data, otherwise it would be a right pain.

They do overwrite. I'd imagine the picture quality would be quit poor at nighttime and I'd say they're not meant to be running 24/7.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Mine doesn't.. :(
    Yeah can't see them being great running 24/7

I'm sure it's a setting. what do you have to do when it's full? Manually delete the disk?

Yeah. Can't see any opinions to overwrite...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Pretty sure that there is a overwrite function but I will look into it and make sure before I drop the money. I would be getting it more as a deterrent than anything but as for night time recording I could always get a motion sensor light, would probably have the camera set on motion detection as well.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yeah. Can't see any opinions to overwrite...

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a setting. They're meant to be left alone to do their thing and only go near them when you need to view an incident, like a CCTV DVR.

That's what I get for buying cheap and cheerful..

Well......you get what you pay for..lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Pretty sure that there is a overwrite function but I will look into it and make sure before I drop the money. I would be getting it more as a deterrent than anything but as for night time recording I could always get a motion sensor light, would probably have the camera set on motion detection as well.

Get a guard cam will do all you want ... Overwrite ...etc ... Come on record 20 sec videos on movement ... Day and night ...150 ....approx.

• Advertisement
Advertisement