Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charge - outragous

Options
  • 09-08-2013 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

While trying to pay my Bank of Ireland, Belfast credit card, I inadvertently put my name in the credit card number field.   The payment did not go through, the money was returned to my account less a €60 charge for my error.    I am outraged.   Bank of Ireland, Belfast kindly returned the late payment fee when I explained the error to them, but Bank of Ireland in the Republic will not return the €60 charge.   I am moving my accounts from Bank of Ireland after 40 years if they do not return the €60, can anyone help me please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi,

We would not be in a position to comment on the charge to your particular account here or organise a refund. You would be best to contact your account holding branch in the Republic to discuss and they may be able to arrange something  for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carolluke1

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your prompt reply, I have already spoken to my local branch - Athlone, they were to ring me back in an hour three weeks ago.   I decided to ring them today to see whats happening, they wont refund the money, so I guess I will be exiting Bank of Ireland!!
    Hi,

We would not be in a position to comment on the charge to your particular account here or organise a refund. You would be best to contact your account holding branch in the Republic to discuss and they may be able to arrange something  for you.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement