Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Cheers Jambo! They've a decent squad. Never managed to own a player greater than 88 at LA so excited about Celtic! My lifelong dream to manage in Paradise has been realised! :D

Best of luck man, just for the record you did very well with the Galaxy IMO, they were going nowhere fast but you put the effort in and steadied the ship! Hope to do battle again soon man ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Best of luck man, just for the record you did very well with the Galaxy IMO, they were going nowhere fast but you put the effort in and steadied the ship! Hope to do battle again soon man ;)

I second that, the run you went on at the end of S1 was something else!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Glad to see Celtic finally get a manager who can get results from a clearly underperforming team.

Just a pity it took them so long to loose the millstone that was dragging them down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Seaneh wrote: »
    Glad to see Celtic finally get a manager who can get results from a clearly underperforming team.

Just a pity it took them so long to loose the millstone that was dragging them down.

TrollFaceDancing_large.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Looks like your prediction of finishing above fell through, my manager rating suggests more talent than yours doesn't you don't get bigger teams by not exceeding expectations but you wouldn't know as your yet to exceed any:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Teams Currently Available :

Name Transfer Funds No. Of Players Total Value Avg Rating Division
    Gremio 10.9m 36 144.8m 87 3
    Los Angeles Galaxy 2.3m 54 123.7m 87 3
    Sporting de Braga 4.9m 48 144.2m 86 4
    AJ Auxerre 31.8m 23 107.6m 86 4
    Standard Liege 19.4m 35 140.8m 86 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wilberto wrote: »

Gremio 10.9m 36 144.8m 87 3
    Los Angeles Galaxy 2.3m 54 123.7m 87 3
    Sporting de Braga 4.9m 48 144.2m 86 4
    AJ Auxerre 31.8m 23 107.6m 86 4
    Standard Liege 19.4m 35 140.8m 86 4

Cska are still free were doing a background check on the fela who applied! His only post ever on boards is for a team. Thats a bit suspect IMO

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Cska are still free were doing a background check on the fela who applied! His only post ever on boards is for a team. Thats a bit suspect IMO

Yeah, if I remember correctly he applied for either the Real Madrid job, or some other big(gish) job. He obviously saw from the description of the league that you have to be a member of Boards to join, so he proceeded to do just that.

Cant believe your assistant isn't up to speed with the behind the scenes work the gaffer and his 'CIA' operative :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Cant believe your assistant isn't up to speed with the behind the scenes work the gaffer and his 'CIA' operative :rolleyes:

Sorry what's that?? I can't hear you over the celebrations of our crushing victory.

23/11/2013. Never Forget.

:D:P

Sorry what's that?? I can't hear you over the celebrations of our crushing our crushing victory.

23/11/2013. Never Forget.

:D:P

tumblr_lmstb4K6Jk1qc13oa.gif

"FCP, boosting 'smaller' teams ego's in friendlies since the start of the GW"

Someone has to make them feel good about them selves, it's a small price to pay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Feeling the love in this thread... Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Just out of interest, if I happened to leave spartak Moscow, would anyone take them over or would they just be left to rot??

JamboMac wrote: »
    Looks like your prediction of finishing above fell through, my manager rating suggests more talent than yours doesn't you don't get bigger teams by not exceeding expectations but you wouldn't know as your yet to exceed any:p

Well you're about to let the Hamburg manager's good work go to ruin so I can just look forward to beating you again next season while you guide yet another good team to a mid table position.

Well you're about to let the Hamburg manager's good work go to ruin so I can just look forward to beating you again next season while you guide yet another good team to a mid table position.

I guided rangers to second position then left them for Celtic who where 3rd bottom, I improve teams, like look at your ac Milan if your such a great tactician was that a 7-2 crushing defeat how bad can your tactics be for that to happen not even the computer is that bad and I won't see you division 2 because I can see you yo yo back down.

• Advertisement

I guided rangers to second position then left them for Celtic who where 3rd bottom, I improve teams, like look at your ac Milan if your such a great tactician was that a 7-2 crushing defeat how bad can your tactics be for that to happen not even the computer is that bad and I won't see you division 2 because I can see you yo yo back down.

Well, seeing as I pay little to no attention to the other game world, as can be witnessed by my players physical conditions, I'm not surprised they aren't doing well.

I lost interest in that league almost as soon as it was set up.

how long is your winning streak... oh yeah... you've been losing for 2 months and Celtic were closer to last place in the table than the were to me points wise when you jumped ship.

I feel bad for the old Hamburg manager as he has to watch the club he did a great job with free fall down the league with you in charge.

Next season I'll be pushing for promotion from d3 while you're struggling to not go back to d4, where you belong.

Well, seeing as I pay little to no attention to the other game world, as can be witnessed by my players physical conditions, I'm not surprised they aren't doing well.

I lost interest in that league almost as soon as it was set up.

how long is your winning streak... oh yeah... you've been losing for 2 months and Celtic were closer to last place in the table than the were to me points wise when you jumped ship.

I feel bad for the old Hamburg manager as he has to watch the club he did a great job with free fall down the league with you in charge.

Next season I'll be pushing for promotion from d3 while you're struggling to not go back to d4, where you belong.
    You wanted hamburg but what my manager rating was higher so you didn't bother and then your attempt to lick ass by taking cska and then the change of heart. Manager rankings speak for themselves, i don't need to prove I'm the better manager, think I only lost about 2 or 3 games after taking Celtic. Maybe if i signed matri when was offered to me but your welcome.

You wanted hamburg but what my manager rating was higher so you didn't bother and then your attempt to lick ass by taking cska and then the change of heart. Manager rankings speak for themselves, i don't need to prove I'm the better manager, think I only lost about 2 or 3 games after taking Celtic. Maybe if i signed matri when was offered to me but your welcome.

I didn't want Hamberg, someone else suggested I apply for them AFTER I stated I was thinking of taking CSKA, I pointed out that you had applied for the Hamburg job to him.

I was never interested in the Hamburg job, ever. I was only interested in CSKA because I believe that with a good manager they will win D4 next season, easily, they have the best first 11 in the division, by a long way, and next season the they will be even further ahead after myself and someone else get promoted and LA, Gremio and Bremen go down.

Your Celtic squad had 13 players rated 88 or higher, including 3 90's and you were in 10th place, without a win in 5, including 3 defeats in a row and you have the balls to talk about being a better manager than the person who has won 4 of his last 6 games and has a 25 game unbeaten run, with a squad with 1 90 rated player and only 3 more players than you in total of 88 or above?

You're some chancer, really looking forward to beating you again next season.

One the league you lost in players don't get tired, two if you have no interest in ac Milan you should quit and give somebody else a chance, three I don't say I'm a better manager the rankings do.:)

One the league you lost in players don't get tired, two if you have no interest in ac Milan you should quit and give somebody else a chance, three I don't say I'm a better manager the rankings do.:)

The rankings mean feck all. You just got an easier draw in the cups and played your full team.

I played my reserves and lost by 1 goal to Mac in the 2nd round.

If I'd have given as much of a ****e about the cup as you my rating would be much higher than yours. Seeing as I beat you the last time we played and was NINE places ahead of you in the league when you deserted Celtic.

But like I said earlier, happy celtic will have a good manager now, squad was massively under achieving with the last lad running the show there.

I've tried to leave the connect world. I can't figure out how to... I hadn't even ever checked results on the thing, it's pointless imho, there's no actual league or anything, it's just a series of friendlies, I have enough to be keeping me busy without it.

As for quitting Milan in Copa Del Boards, I've been considering it for a while but neither that nor the connect world have any baring on whether or not you were running celtic and will ruin Hamburg, which you were and you will.

• Advertisement

Seanh, JamboMac ....

hey girls -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87665993

Gremio 18.4m 35 141.7m 86 3
    Los Angeles Galaxy 1.2m 55 124.7m 87 3
    Sporting de Braga 3.4m 47 143.8m 86 4
    AJ Auxerre 32.4m 23 108.7m 86 4
    Standard Liege 14.6m 34 137.7m 86 4
    CSKA Moskva ?.?m 30 146.7m 88 4

CSKA Moscow are currently undergoing manager clearance but may be available in the near future. However, new applicants are still very welcome for this vacancy.

Is the current CSKA manager actually in control of the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

stop asking about cska..... its getting annoying now.

Nope, his application is under review. He has only made one post on Boards, and that was just to apply for CSKA.

He's in the GOOD League though. I know this because I hammered him 4-1! :D :P

But as long as his application is pending no managed club can buy off CSKA so, if nothing else, that should protect them for another while at least.

Nope, his application is under review. He has only made one post on Boards, and that was just to apply for CSKA.

He's in the GOOD League though. I know this because I hammered him 4-1! :D :P

But as long as his application is pending no managed club can buy off CSKA so, if nothing else, that should protect them for another while at least.

Well if hes in the good league and also his ip came back with no matchs too other posters I'll accept him. He will continue too be monitered

batistuta 9 is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of Bayern.

Please tell me this is a mistake just like the one the Chelsea manager made?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

I'd like to put my hand in for the Bayern job.

I tink I'm ready for it!

Bayern Munich* 103.0m 43 351.7m 92 1
    Gremio 23.2m 34 136.6m 86 3
    Los Angeles Galaxy 1.2m 55 124.7m 87 3
    Sporting de Braga 2.0m 48 145.1m 86 4
    AJ Auxerre 32.4m 23 108.7m 86 4
    Standard Liege 16.7m 34 133.7m 86 4

*The Bayern Munich vacancy has yet to be clarified.

Applications for Bayern Munich :

Manager Current Club Manager Ranking
    Baz Foster Galatasaray SK 36

• Advertisement

BOOM. Ranking 36. Read em and weep boyos!

Just organizing my flight now. Sprechen Sie Deutsch, Baby!!!

Aber echt.

bazarakus wrote: »
    BOOM. Ranking 36. Read em and weep boyos!

Just organizing my flight now. Sprechen Sie Deutsch, Baby!!!

Aber echt.

Just as well I'm not interested in a move out of Argentina. My own ranking is 53!! :D:D:D

Just as well I'm not interested in a move out of Argentina. My own ranking is 53!! :D:D:D

Quite understandable Wilberto. I wouldn't be in a hurry to swap Patagonia for Bavaria. It's not to everyone's taste.

If Bayern is available I'll go for that...

Rank 33

Manager Current Club Mgr Ranking
    Tony Healy SS Lazio 33

Now Lazio is a job I'd look at!

This merry go round is making me sick but it's exciting.

Bazaarakus has no luck, third time but at least lazio will be open if he is interested in that.

Tony Healy SS Lazio 33

Could be win win!!

D'oh!

This close. I was THIS close!

Tony Healy SS Lazio 33

He has quit it's confirmed. Applications are started n all 24 hours to get them in lads

• Advertisement

bazarakus wrote: »
    D'oh!

This close. I was THIS close!

Wouldn't worry about it , it's a big job and I'm sure someone higher than me will get it, just throwing my hat in for the sake of it really....

Have to when the really big jobs come along ;)

Wouldn't worry about it , it's a big job and I'm sure someone higher than me will get it, just throwing my hat in for the sake of it really....

Have to when the really big jobs come along ;)

I'm not sure how much your players will like that. There's already whispers in the Lazio camp that Stephan El Shaarawy wants a move to Argentina, apparently.

:D:D

this time maybe reallocate the guys like the domino effect.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'm in for it

Sao Paulo

I'm in for it

Sao Paulo

i thought you took over a team already..... :confused:

swoody wrote: »
    i thought you took over a team already..... :confused:

Not to my recollection but I was VERY drunk on Saturday! :D

• Advertisement

Not to my recollection but I was VERY drunk on Saturday! :D

it was hamberg i was thinking about.....my bad :rolleyes:

i think your in the top 10 if i'm not mistaken (hence i thought you managed real now) so you've trumped the lot now :D

Turned down Real last season, went for Real and Barca this season. Doing decent with Sao Paulo but finding it impossible to get players in and I reckon I could do a job at a top team. Think I'm ranked about 10 or 11, on the phone so can't check

Turned down Real last season, went for Real and Barca this season. Doing decent with Sao Paulo but finding it impossible to get players in and I reckon I could do a job at a top team. Think I'm ranked about 10 or 11, on the phone so can't check

i'd say the jobs yours....only spuds can take it away really but he's so far up bales ass he'll never leave him :rolleyes:

Wow .....

Barca
    Real

Now Bayern?!?

If anything its good to see managers get the chance to move to bigger and the transfer market might get a boost too

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Wow .....

Barca
    Real

Now Bayern?!?

If anything its good to see managers get the chance to move to bigger and the transfer market might get a boost too

Least we came up with the fairway of giving out clubs. If we were still drawing names from a hat the big 3 you mention could be taken over by 3 noobies

• Advertisement
Advertisement