Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭jukebox2310

Will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Will do

I'll accept ya at half time in the match!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Wilberto wrote: »
    Teams Currently Available :

Name Transfer Funds No. Of Players Total Value Avg Rating Division
    Besiktas ??.?m 28 144.2m 88 3
    Gremio 38.0m 31 124.9m 86 3
    Standard Liege 7.6m 36 140.8m 86 4
    Rangers 9.5m 33 141.6m 88 4

Teams Soon To Be Available :

Name No. Of Players Total Value Avg Rating Division Days since LogIn
    Bremen 25 116.4m 87 3 27
    FC Twente 35 151.8m 88 3 22
    Sporting de Braga 47 141.8m 86 4 21
    Fenerbahce SK 40 144.1m 88 2 20

Valencia are gone, Bordeaux manager took them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Teams Currently Available :

Name Transfer Funds No. Of Players Total Value Avg Rating Division
    Gremio 38.0m 31 124.9m 86 3
    Standard Liege 7.6m 36 140.8m 86 4
    Rangers 9.5m 33 141.6m 88 4
    Bordeaux 13.3m 22 127.4m 88 4

Teams Soon To Be Available :

Name No. Of Players Total Value Avg Rating Division Days since LogIn
    Bremen 25 116.4m 87 3 27
    FC Twente 35 151.8m 88 3 22
    Sporting de Braga 47 141.8m 86 4 21
    Fenerbahce SK 40 144.1m 88 2 20

:):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

AC Milan available.

I apply for Milan.

I know I'm only meant to change once per season but I'm an AC Milan fanatic and the season ends tomorrow anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

AC Milan available.

:eek:

Jees, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, Marseille, Valencia, Milan ....

Next thing people will be expecting the Porto job to become available :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I was going to include them in the table but I don't think I'll bother now that someone has immediately applied for them!! :D:D:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Yup I'd be interested in AC....

• Advertisement

Yup I'd be interested in AC....

Good, because I'm interested in Lazio. :P :P

Bye bye Milan, destined to be another club ruined by Tupac.

Hopefully a better manager with a higher rating goes for them and saves them the hardship that his mismanagement would bring.

Seaneh wrote: »

Hopefully a better manager with a higher rating goes for them and saves them the hardship that his mismanagement would bring.

anyone you dont have a gripe with? ;)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

There are 79 teams in the league besides my own, I have a great respect for 77 of them.

troll_7ee41e_2334249.gif

Like I said to Mac... Wasting your breath

There are 79 teams in the league besides my own, I have a great respect for 77 of them.

cant believe you fell out with 2 unmanaged clubs :p

By the by, Milan have 118million to spend.

And a pretty good squad to start with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just as I take over a team I cannot even spell AC Milan become available :pac:

• Advertisement

Managers applying for the AC Milan Vacancy

Manager Current Club Mgr Rating
    Tupac_Healy SS Lazio 32
    Seaneh SL Benfica 50

Point to note about Milan...

They are NOT safe in D1..... If results went bad they could go down tomorrow, I propose anyone interested let Mac know asap so the next manager can have a chance to pick the team

Keep applying lads Wilberto well ontop of things

The manager won't be appointed until AFTER the games tomorrow, so it's irrelevant that they aren't safe.

The first post mentioning them being free was at 23.10, so the manager can't be appointed until AT LEAST 24 hours after that.

The manager won't be appointed until AFTER the games tomorrow, so it's irrelevant that they aren't safe.

The first post mentioning them being free was at 23.10, so the manager can't be appointed until AT LEAST 24 hours after that.

I do agree with this, we have the rule to give everyone a chance to apply, not every one is logged on as often as some of us

Point to note about Milan...

They are NOT safe in D1..... If results went bad they could go down tomorrow, I propose anyone interested let Mac know asap so the next manager can have a chance to pick the team

Era it'll all be okay for them after Barcelona go and lose to Real Madrid!! :D :P!!

Imagine, it's quite possible to have Messi, Ronaldo & Bale playing in Division 2. Ludicrous stuff!!!

Anyway.....back to applying for AC Milan......

• Advertisement

I do agree with this, we have the rule to give everyone a chance to apply, not every one is logged on as often as some of us

OK, fair enough.....

Well that being the case I would kindly ask those that have moved clubs this season to withdraw their application as it also breaks the rules.....

After all....

Milan became available DURING the season!

I think we're gonna need mac ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yeah it has to be given time, time for Genoa to hopefully overtake Lazio in the rankings, tis close.

But no I won't be applying, but it still won't stop me further opening the can of worms by saying the appointment will be made when the season is over, so no need for withdrawals :p

Milan will still be available AFTER the season ends. I applied on that basis.

It's a moot point either way as the rules give the team to you ahead of me based on manager rankings.

OK, fair enough.....

Well that being the case I would kindly ask those that have moved clubs this season to withdraw their application as it also breaks the rules.....

After all....

In fact....

If stringent enforcement of.the rules is what some managers want then I propose that the managers that have moved clubs, changed their mind... Moved back and moved again within the same season should do the honourable thing and resign...

After all, if we are sticking to these rules that some seem hell bent on enforcing then enforce them upon yourself?

• Advertisement

After all....

I wouldn't worry about it. You're ahead of Seaneh anyway!! :D

Besides once managers move clubs their ranking gets reset as far as I know, which means that your ranking of 32 will be very hard to beat for those managers.

I wouldn't worry about it. You're ahead of Seaneh anyway!! :D

Besides once managers move clubs their ranking gets reset as far as I know, which means that your ranking of 32 will be very hard to beat for those managers.

Who????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I'd love to take AC but I started to rebuild LA and I shall finish that rebuild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Is the Milan gig available?

bazarakus wrote: »
    Is the Milan gig available?

Yup, it sure is. Are you applying?? :):)

Yup, it sure is. Are you applying?? :):)[/QUOTE

Yes I would like to register my interest. Do we have any remuneration details? Also I would like an NDA signed so that the word of my application doesn't break in Istanbul. Very delicate stage of the season wot.

bazarakus wrote: »
    Yes I would like to register my interest. Do we have any remuneration details? Also I would like an NDA signed so that the word of my application doesn't break in Istanbul. Very delicate stage of the season wot.

Yeah, the you'll be getting the average managerial wage of 2 packets of peanuts and a can of red bull a week, with a win bonus of a tube of smarties.

Also, apparently word has already spread in Turkey about your intentions to desert Galatasaray and there's an angry mob headed in your direction yielding hacksaws. My guess is that you're in for a beheading. Sorry about that.

:D:D:D

Managers applying for the AC Milan Vacancy :

Bazarakus Galatasary SK 25
    Tupac_Healy SS Lazio 32
    Seaneh SL Benfica 50

I guess I won't be taking charge at Lazio after all!! :D

Baz is ranked 25 in the manager rankings and thus overtakes Tupac in the race for the Milan gig.

Hopefully, if he gets the job, he can go out on a high by winning tomorrow, which if Palmeiras fail to beat Auxerre, would give Galatasaray automatic promotion.

Tupac_Healy SS Lazio 32
    eireannBear* Sunderland 47
    Seaneh SL Benfica 50

*eireannBear at Sunderland has expressed an interest to me on SM. I told him not to hold his breathe though!!

• Advertisement

Yeah, the you'll be getting the average managerial wage of 2 packets of peanuts and a can of red bull a week, with a win bonus of a tube of smarties.

Also, apparently word has already spread in Turkey about your intentions to desert Galatasaray and there's an angry mob headed in your direction yielding hacksaws. My guess is that you're in for a beheading. Sorry about that.

:D:D:D

It's grand I managed to appease the screaming hordes with some cream crackers and dairygold. I haven't made a decision on my future. My heart will always be in Istanbul. And of course another manager may throw their Hut ins der Ring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I'd like to apply for Milan, ranked 27th (I think :P ) so unlikely to get them, starting to feel like Ajax are stuck where we are. Worth a shot, it's with a heavy heart that I've decided to apply :o

The Gunns Ajax 27
    Tupac_Healy SS Lazio 32
    eireannBear Sunderland 47
    Seaneh SL Benfica 50
    Hefferboi* Velez Sarsfield 71

*Hefferboi applied in the other thread. Technically he's not moving clubs for the second time in the season as Velez Sarsfield was his first appointment. Either way, it won't make any bit of a difference to the outcome!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

How do you find the manager rankings in SM?

How do you find the manager rankings in SM?

1. Click on your name.
    2. Find your Boards.ie team and click on "Club Information".
    3. Click on the second tab - "Manager Statistics"

:):):)

The Gunns Ajax 27
    Tupac_Healy SS Lazio 32
    Seaneh SL Benfica 50
    The Governor* FC Basel 63
    Hefferboi Velez Sarsfield 71

*The Governor may or may not have applied for the Milan vacancy but, as with hefferboi's application, it's clearly not going to make a difference either way. No offence!! :P :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

1. Click on your name.
    2. Find your Boards.ie team and click on "Club Information".
    3. Click on the second tab - "Manager Statistics"

:):):)

Thanks :) Was just curious to find out and no I've no interest in Milan :)

The Gunns Ajax 27
    Tupac_Healy SS Lazio 32
    Seaneh SL Benfica 50
    Hefferboi Velez Sarsfield 71

Think it's nearly time too take applications for galatasry!

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Think it's nearly time too take applications for galatasry!

two hours to go, someone else might take a shine to Milan!

Advertisement