Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

eek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Oooh, look how quick it gets done when its the Mods involved in the move ;)

HAMMER TIME

ban-hammer time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

couple of more managers gone in last day or 2
    FC Basel manager Peter Parker has decided to part company with the club after 0 games in charge.
    Liam Stack is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of Olympique Marseille.
    Liam O'Kelly has decided to resign from Palmeiras after 28 games in charge.

tommycahir wrote: »
    couple of more managers gone in last day or 2

Peter parker never took over basel. i PM'd him too ask was he on boards and he withdrew his application

Id say at least 1 of the other 2 missed out that the log in times had changed,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Wolfsburg now free lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Applications for AC Milan now open :

Closing Deadline : 4th December 2014 @ 22:00

Team | Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    AC Milan | 74.6m | 43 | 90 | 195.7m | 1

Managers Applying for the AC Milan vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    | | | | |

Wilberto wrote: »
    Applications for AC Milan now open :

Closing Deadline : 4th December 2014 @ 22:00

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    | | | | |

In the same vain as we sometimes hold a club 24 hours incase someone quit by mistake I think we hold applications 24 hours and see if Baz reconsiders it may have been a simple over reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

MrMac84 wrote: »
    In the same vain as we sometimes hold a club 24 hours incase someone quit by mistake I think we hold applications 24 hours and see if Baz reconsiders it may have been a simple over reaction

To what?

What happened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

JamboMac wrote: »
    To what?

What happened?

go check out the voting thread :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Applications for AC Milan now open SUSPENDED for 24 hours :

Closing Deadline : 4th December 2014 @ 22:00 SUSPENDED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭tommycahir

2 more clubs free:
    Phil Boyd is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of Vélez Sársfield.

Hercule Poirot has resigned as the manager of Athletic Club.

2 weeks ago
    22/11/2014 10:05
    Hercule Poirot
    League(s) Your In: Boards League and Can He Do It...
    Club(s) You Manage: Athletic Club and Derby County
    How Long You Expect To Be Gone For: No idea - could be longer than two weeks so sticking this here just in case

Hercule will be back he gave us the heads up on how busy things were for him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Hercule will be back he gave us the heads up on how busy things were for him

mac, i think you should take them over until he returns......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So whats happening with AC Milan?

i'll take them if they're available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

When does the 24hrs start? Anyone contact Baz to see if he'll take them back?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    When does the 24hrs start? Anyone contact Baz to see if he'll take them back?

you really miss him dont you.........

:pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So whats happening with AC Milan?

i'll take them if they're available.

The applications are suspended for the time being. I have my suspicions that you won't be getting them anyway though. ;)

Applications for AC Milan now open SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE :

1366406544a72613_l.gif

• Advertisement

No disrespect guys but the24hr grace given to Baz is up surely ... would love for him to come back but other managers might have an interest in trading into the AC Milan job

No disrespect guys but the24hr grace given to Baz is up surely ... would love for him to come back but other managers might have an interest in trading into the AC Milan job

And that 76m is gonna disappear if they aren't taken over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

The applications are suspended for the time being. I have my suspicions that you won't be getting them anyway though. ;)

Yet again blatent disregard shown for the existing managers.... This is how NOT to look after them, think about if your a d3 or d4 manager and have the time put in and a chance to nab a club like AC preaents itself and all you need do is apply..... Then, its whipped away without viable explanation even though the rules are there FOR ALL OF US, MODS included.....

If I had any eye whatsoever on the AC gig I would be irate at that statement, it basically says the rules apply until we don't really fancy that they app!y...

Anyhow, ita clear as water that current managers are very low down the priority list so unless those that can cause change aound here do so then its the slippery slope I'm afraid to say

Its an outrageous statement to make without proper explanation, other members/managers deserve better than that

What's happening!? Is a new manager getting them? I'm lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I think Wilberto was just saying blobby won't get it as he's not an existing manager. That's what I took from it

Oh right, that's a bit poopy :/

I'm confused..

Are we holding teams for managers that have quit in case they come back? Just wondering because its been what nearly 48hrs since he quit?. Someone just PM him on here or SM to find out if he's coming back.

I'm confused..

Are we holding teams for managers that have quit in case they come back? Just wondering because its been what nearly 48hrs since he quit?. Someone just PM him on here or SM to find out if he's coming back.

join a D3/4 team or...........

41908d1396124803-best-place-download-battery-4-free-1343701557_gtfo-meme-rage-face.png

and take your vote to keep the ban on transfers with you (which shouldnt count since your not in the game). :p

swoody wrote: »
    join a D3/4 team

Screw that...

...I want an easy job.

• Advertisement

Screw that...

...I want an easy job.

AC are outta your reach mate......

dSNUDqQ.gif

:D

Yet again blatent disregard shown for the existing managers.... This is how NOT to look after them, think about if your a d3 or d4 manager and have the time put in and a chance to nab a club like AC preaents itself and all you need do is apply..... Then, its whipped away without viable explanation even though the rules are there FOR ALL OF US, MODS included.....

If I had any eye whatsoever on the AC gig I would be irate at that statement, it basically says the rules apply until we don't really fancy that they app!y...

Anyhow, ita clear as water that current managers are very low down the priority list so unless those that can cause change aound here do so then its the slippery slope I'm afraid to say

Its an outrageous statement to make without proper explanation, other members/managers deserve better than that

Seriously? Every man his dog knows the circumstances regarding the situation in these last few days regarding Baz. Surely it doesn't need to be explained! You know what they say, drastic times calls for drastic measures.

Furthermore, given your earlier reaction to him quitting in the first place, I would have assumed that you would have been the last person to object to any way of trying to get him back.

He has until 4pm today. That way, there is no reason as to why a new manager won't be installed for Sunday's round of fixtures.
    TheGunns wrote: »
    I think Wilberto was just saying blobby won't get it as he's not an existing manager. That's what I took from it

That's exactly it! All it takes is one manager who's in the game to apply, regardless of manager ranking!

I'm confused..

All I'll say lads, to finish the issue, is that it's not an ideal solution by any means, but it's not an ideal situation.

Oh, and Swoody, epic contributions as ever! :D:) :pac:

Seriously? Every man his dog knows the circumstances regarding the situation in these last few days regarding Baz. Surely it doesn't need to be explained! You know what they say, drastic times calls for drastic measures.

Furthermore, given your earlier reaction to him quitting in the first place, I would have assumed that you would have been the last person to object to any way of trying to get him back.

Ah now hold on.....

Yes I've been on of Baz's biggest supporters in trying to get him to come back, that's there for everyone to see, but firstly, you did not explain that is what you were doing, if you had made that information public in the first place rather than just 'suspending' applications it would have been far more helpful to the current managers (not that they seem to matter but anyway)

and secondly, Baz is a big boy, he knows himself that he has 24 hours to change his mind and the rules were set up day 1 to apply to everyone, now don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him back at AC but to just shelve the whole process which has been put in place for a reason without informing the managers that would have been interested in the gig, is wrong......

Bottom line, I'd love to see Baz come back to AC or whoever (from chatting to him I'd say he could well do with a change) but at the same time, the rules have to be upheld, especially by mods.....

Last point, again I'd like to make known that I've no interest in going for the AC job, this is about how the GW is run, is it for the benefit of the current managers or shelving clubs for 'future' managers, whomever they may be......

Applications for AC Milan now open (again :P) :

Closing Deadline : 7th December 2014 @ 16:00

AC Milan | 51.8m | 60 | 90 | 222.0m | 1

He who shall not be named | SL Benfica | 22 | 322 | 2.21 | 146

Apologies for only getting back to this now. This is the first chance I've had to get to my laptop. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Thought Baz would have took them back over,

So is it closed now?

I am going to be lonely in Lisbon for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Is this still available? Managing dynamo and would like a crack at Milan, how are applications handled, what do I need to do to be considered? ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

I assume it's still open as Mac only sent out a GW message an hour ago!

Salmon wrote: »
    Is this still available? Managing dynamo and would like a crack at Milan, how are applications handled, what do I need to do to be considered? ?

I think it is closed as per the deadline in Wilberto's post.

It is done on manager ranking, I think you are ranked 54 anyways so had it been still open you would be 2nd in line.

I think it is closed as per the deadline in Wilberto's post.

It is done on manager ranking, I think you are ranked 54 anyways so had it been still open you would be 2nd in line.

it's still open, benficas application is just a piss take like all the other times he's applied for vacate jobs.

TheGunns wrote: »
    I assume it's still open as Mac only sent out a GW message an hour ago!

An hour ago? I sent it yesterday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Yeah I just saw the message there from mac. Hopefully it's still opened!!

• Advertisement

An hour ago? I sent it yesterday??

if be yesterday/an hour ago, then yes you did. :rolleyes:

f59debd60f4b3f7f1aee8832ca160148.png

you sent it today

:
    swoody wrote: »
    if be yesterday/an hour ago, then yes you did. :rolleyes:

f59debd60f4b3f7f1aee8832ca160148.png

you sent it today
    I only got it today as well. Maybe he's Marty McFly.:D

Eh, I'd like to point out that we played the first friendly of Season 5 (NEW season) on the 4th November.....

Just sayin

Lads I dunno what's going on but that was sent yesterday

I'll have too log a ticket with soccer manager

if your on now, are we in tomorrow?

984.jpg

Dodging the Marty McFly rumours eh, where's the de lorean?

JamboMac wrote: »
    Dodging the Marty McFly rumours eh, where's the de lorean?

Wilberto has it in his garage, he is looking at finding a new fuel source for it.

Wilberto has it in his garage, he is looking at finding a new fuel source for it.
    beer_toast.jpg

Eh, I'd like to point out that we played the first friendly of Season 5 (NEW season) on the 4th November.....

Just sayin

I think this is correct.

So what happens now?

Can we sort this before their money goes missing?

Is it still open for applications or what? I might apply myself.

Or does the Kyiv manager get it as technically he was 1st to apply after the deadline passed with no valid applications?

I think hte implication is that someone would be applying for their second move in this season ....

• Advertisement
Advertisement