Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Some clarity would be good. I know I'd be tempted from war-torn Ukraine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    In the same vain as we sometimes hold a club 24 hours incase someone quit by mistake I think we hold applications 24 hours and see if Baz reconsiders it may have been a simple over reaction

Just quoteing this as people seem too think wilberto just decided too stop people applying for AC Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just quoteing this as people seem too think wilberto just decided too stop people applying for AC Milan

In fairness that was nearly a week ago.
    There should be a new manager in place by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think that was the right thing to do.

Since then though we have had the application process, Wilberto put a deadline on it. That passed around about or not long after your PM got sent (I know it was a glitch ).

More people expressed an interest from the GW Pm.

It turns out that he who shall not be named is ineligible due to the one switch a season rule.

So we don't really know where we are.

We need it sorting asap as there should be a new manager in by now and I fear the money advertised will go back to the bank of SM.

I would have applied but was told it'd be pointless.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I would have applied but was told it'd be pointless.

You would think it would be with not having a manager ranking, but the way things turned out you might have been in a position to get the job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Do whatever ye want lads. I couldn't care less any more.

Wilberto wrote: »

Is there anything to be said for another vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Is there anything to be said for another vote?

Is there anything to be said for having another mass?

• Advertisement

Now now Wilberto, chin up buddy, there was a glitch in the GW PM that went around, the fella who won it isn't elligible - the best thing to do all round is just open it up again for one last 24 hour bash - no voting or any of that sh1te!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'd like to go back through the last 3/4 pages of posts and delete the lot of them but I'll just about resist temptation this time.

Applications for AC Milan now open :

Closing Deadline : 10th December 2014 @ 23:00

Team | Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    AC Milan | 8.6m | 60 | 90 | 222.0m | 1

Managers Applying for the AC Milan vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    Mr. Blobby | N/A | N/A | N/A | N/A | N/A

"He who shall not be named" has been deemed ineligible to partake in the application process due to certain clauses in his current contract with SL Benfica which disallows him from changing clubs twice in one season. Sorry, but it's your own fault for not reading the small print. Everyone knows what those sneaky Portuguese are like. :D

Also, although the money has dropped, Milan have also bought 17 new players, so one would hope that most of that cash will come back to the club further down the line.

Clarification on what was essentially already written in the charter. I've just updated it a little bit to avoid future confusion. This is NOT posted to start a debate. These rules were already in place for quite some time, but some may have either been unenforced, or just simply forgotten.

Applying for a Change of Club

If a manager wishes to change teams, they must apply in this thread stating the club they currently manage, and the club they wish to apply for.

Applicants are ranked by their manager rating and the person with the highest rating will be offered the job.

A manager may only change teams once per season. The start of a season shall be defined, for the purpose of changing clubs, as the moment at which the new league fixtures are announced. The start of the each season shall also act as the end of the preceding season.

Any applications to change teams for a second time in a season will be rejected. These opportunities to change do not accumulate over multiple seasons.

Managers of clubs who were frequent members of this forum, but have had their access withdrawn, may also change teams. However, any messages relayed to the forum from them directly will be immediately deleted, and the offending member (i.e the member who posted the messages) may be liable to further action. Should a banned boards user approach you on Soccer Manager then you can either add that manager to the table of applying managers omitting all details under the manager name column (or just replacing the name with (e.g.) Anderlecht manager), or indeed PM either Wilberto or MrMac84 with the details of the applying manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Clarification on what was essentially already written in the charter. I've just updated it a little bit to avoid future confusion. This is NOT posted to start a debate. These rules were already in place for quite some time, but some may have either been unenforced, or just simply forgotten.

Managers of clubs who were frequent members of this forum, but have had their access withdrawn, may also change teams. However, any messages relayed to the forum from them directly will be immediately deleted, and the offending member (i.e the member who relayed the messages) may be liable to further action.

Without wishing to enter any sort of debate on this, may I ask for clarification on the bit in italics, i.e. can the EXACT process of how the 'withdrawn' (I presume the banned members fall into this category) can change teams be explained further....... in order to avoid any future grey areas

Without wishing to enter any sort of debate on this, may I ask for clarification on the bit in italics, i.e. can the EXACT process of how the 'withdrawn' (I presume the banned members fall into this category) can change teams be explained further....... in order to avoid any future grey areas

My guess is that if we know a banned/withdrawn user wishes to change clubs/apply for a position - rather than posting on thread/forum we should just PM Wilberto or Mac as posting on thread/forum may be an infraction - this would also apply to any posts which include the following phrase:

Well "Insert Name Here" thinks we should......

and the suchlike, but one of the mods should assert if this correct or not

My guess is that if we know a banned/withdrawn user wishes to change clubs/apply for a position - rather than posting on thread/forum we should just PM Wilberto or Mac as posting on thread/forum may be an infraction - this would also apply to any posts which include the following phrase:

Well "Insert Name Here" thinks we should......

and the suchlike, but one of the mods should assert if this correct or not

My interpretation of the Boardswide rule in question is that members can't relay messages back to this forum. One extreme example of this would be someone copying from a chat on SM with a banned member, and then directly pasting it here. This is quite obviously a blatant breach of the rule.

Essentially, expressing the views or opinions on behalf of a banned member is a breach of the rules.

I, as a moderator, don't consider allowing a banned member to apply for a club on SM an expression of that members view or opinion, and that's my interpretation of the rule.

Essentially, the easiest thing to do is to PM me if a banned member wants to apply for a certain club, and all I'll do is let other managers know what ranking they need to beat if they want the job.

CASE CLOSED

• Advertisement

Continuing on...

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Milan.

Shakhtar Donetsk. Think I'm ranked around 25th now.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I'll throw my hat in the ring for Milan.

Shakhtar Donetsk. Think I'm ranked around 25th now.

Was enjoying our little battle and all!!

Me too but I don't see me staying towards the top unfortunately. Play-Offs maybe.

Beefy78 | Shakhtar Donetsk | 25 | 321 | 2.18 | 147

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Gonna look for this in case a miracle happens and I get it this time! I manage dynamo at the moment!!!!

Closing Deadline : 10th December 2014 @ 23:00 CLOSED!

Beefy78 | Shakhtar Donetsk | 25 | 321 | 2.18 | 147
    Salmon | Dynamo Kiev | 53 | 64 | 188 | 34

You never know Salmon, Beefy might decide that he's actually too invested in Shakhtar Donetsk to leave for a new club. That has happened before with other managers. :)

Speaking of Beefy, congrats fellow Shrimper, the Milan job is yours if you want it!

So how do I go about doing this? I've forgotten. Resign then PM Mac?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

You sell your best players to Udinese, THEN resign and PM Mac.

:pac:

Just quit and apply for Milan and I'll accept you then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Shaktar would be a nice Gig for someone ...

Says a lot tho when AC Milan (no matter what the squad is like) only got 3 applicants

Done. I've grown genuinely attached to Shakhtar over the last 18 months but it is time to move onwards to Meeeelan and their squad of pensioners.

Lads someone must want Shakhtar?? I've left them in a good spot. Should make L2 play-offs with that squad.

Applied for the Celtic job.

Mac will accept my offer by 2016.

Welcome back man!!!! ;)

• Advertisement

Your accepted head

Whats with the special treatment? Accept within 30min :eek: ...

Many a manager had to wait right through a "drunk, hung over,drunk again, hung over again and finally sober" cycle before getting accepted :D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Whats with the special treatment? Accept within 30min :eek: ...

Many a manager had to wait right through a "drunk, hung over,drunk again, hung over again and finally sober" cycle before getting accepted :D

I like Blobby tho :)

US Palermo can confirm the sacking of their manager T0001 after a run of 12 games without a win which saw them fall to 19th in Division 2. The Italian side hope to move quickly to appoint a successor in an attempt to rescue themselves from relegation back to Division 3.

Applications for US Palermo now open :

Closing Deadline : 7th January 2015 @ 00:30

US Palermo | 13.1m | 44 | 90 | 236.8m | 2

Managers Applying for the US Palermo vacancy :

| | | | |

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

I'll throw my name into the hat for Palermo,

At hamburg at the minute.
    US Palermo can confirm the sacking of their manager T0001 after a run of 12 games without a win which saw them fall to 19th in Division 2. The Italian side hope to move quickly to appoint a successor in an attempt to rescue themselves from relegation back to Division 3.

| | | | |

Phone2000 | Hamburger SV | 32 | 304 | 1.83 | 166

I've quit Hamburg but can't apply for Palermo

phone2000 wrote: »
    I've quit Hamburg but can't apply for Palermo

Try now bud

Try now bud

Done - cheers

• Advertisement

Newcastle applications here lads! 24 hours go

Newcastle applications here lads! 24 hours go

Hamburg was never announced here, also d1

If there is one job in this GW that could tempt me away from Porto, The Mighty Newcastle United would be it.

I'm going to tentatively put my name forward for this, however as stated in the past, cant see myself leaving Porto. Nut if I don't stick my name forward I have no hope of being considered, .... this way I could turn it down if the opportunity came and the Porto bond is too strong.

Hamburg applications here too lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    If there is one job in this GW that could tempt me away from Porto, The Mighty Newcastle United would be it.

I'm going to tentatively put my name forward for this, however as stated in the past, cant see myself leaving Porto. Nut if I don't stick my name forward I have no hope of being considered, .... this way I could turn it down if the opportunity came and the Porto bond is too strong.

That's exactly what I did with Real when at Sao Paulo. Had the chance to take them but I wasn't finished with Sao Paulo so I held off and finally took the Bayern job when it came around

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    That's exactly what I did with Real when at Sao Paulo. Had the chance to take them but I wasn't finished with Sao Paulo so I held off and finally took the Bayern job when it came around

real where so so lucky then to dodge that bullet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Bit different for me when I left AZ to go to Barca.

One post convinced me to make the move, when I was considering it because of the emotional attachment that I had formed with AZ.
    The general gist of it was that if I couldn't take Barcelona then, I might never get another chance. Now Newcastle are not on the level of Barca irl, but there's a hell of a good side assembled there in this GW, and Iago had a great season last year.

You mightn't get another chance to get Newcastle if it is your dream job! :)

Yeah i struggled with the thought of leaving Palmeiras for Malaga...

.... Then Beşiktaş JK
    .... Then US Palermo
    .... Then Celtic

Yeah i struggled with the thought of leaving Palmeiras for Malaga...

.... Then Beşiktaş JK
    .... Then US Palermo
    .... Then Celtic

Is that an application? Ha ha

Is that an application? Ha ha

Na i *think* i'm good at Celtic :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I'll Throw my hat in the ring for the Newcastle Job!!! Currently manage Dynamo Kyiv!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement