Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Applications for Newcastle United now open :

Closing Deadline : 20th January 2015 @ 11:00

Team | Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    Newcastle United | 3.6m | 51 | 89 | 237.6m | 1

Managers Applying for the Newcastle United vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    GT_TDI_150 | FC Porto | 12 | 385 | 1.93 | 200
    Salmon | Dynamo Kiev | 51 | 81 | 1.72 | 47

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Wilberto wrote: »

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    GT_TDI_150 | FC Porto | 12 | 385 | 1.93 | 200

Lads,

I wont be leaving Porto.

After getting Tielemans, Bakkali, Bentaleb, Meunier, Januzaj, Keita, Adama, Mitrovic, ... It would be madness to walk away!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Lads,

I wont be leaving Porto.

After getting Tielemans, Bakkali, Bentaleb, Meunier, Januzaj, Keita, Adama, Mitrovic, ... It would be madness to walk away!

To be fair, I just refused to comment on it earlier because I just couldn't understand why you'd want to leave them.

That Porto squad would have been be ridiculously sought after had you left!

I guess, with all the Belgians there, it's clear that country is clearly more important than club....

...and rightly so! :):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Am I right to assume the deadline has passed? If I got the job how do I complete the takeover? Cheers!!

Salmon wrote: »
    Am I right to assume the deadline has passed? If I got the job how do I complete the takeover? Cheers!!

You can quit and apply for Newcastle United. Then PM Mac on here to let him know you've applied for them so he can accept you.

Congrats and best of luck. They've actually got a good squad in fairness so there's a good chance you'll be able to save them from the drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

good stuff - best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anyone know whos after applying for Hamburg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I am guessing it is ikeano from the mail thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93919494&postcount=704

tommycahir wrote: »
    I am guessing it is ikeano from the mail thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93919494&postcount=704

Thanks very much I knew someone said they were applying and couldn't remeber who

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭PUnited

hi im the current anderlect manager. werder bremen have been free for nearly a week now and id like to switch to them if possible?

PUnited wrote: »
    hi im the current anderlect manager. werder bremen have been free for nearly a week now and id like to switch to them if possible?

Oh, so you're the manager I just hockeyed 4-1 on your own turf! :pac: :D :P

Yeah, there's no problem in switching to them anyway. The best way to do it is to leave Anderlecht, apply for Werder Bremen, and then PM Mac on here to let him know you've applied. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ryand14

hey I just applied for Dynamo Kyiv would it be ok if I took them over

Hi and welcome too the game, where did you hear about us?

As a member of boards with only 1 post I can only offer you a division 4 team. When you have 50 posts then you can have a team in any division. It's a rule that helps lads be more active on the board! I've listed all the teams you can take over below here if you wana take a look and get back too me

Besijktas
    Chivas
    CSKA
    Fenerbache
    Bordoux
    Gremio
    La Galaxy
    Marsellies
    Anderlect

Oh, so you're the manager I just hockeyed 4-1 on your own turf! :pac: :D :P

Yeah, there's no problem in switching to them anyway. The best way to do it is to leave Anderlecht, apply for Werder Bremen, and then PM Mac on here to let him know you've applied. :)

ok thanks wilberto. I quit anderlecht and have applied for bremen thanks again

ok thanks wilberto. I quit anderlecht and have applied for bremen thanks again

Shouldn't you only be allowed manage a div 4 team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

MrMac84 wrote: »

Awfully confused....

Is it not the case he is coming from a team already so he can take anyone???

Thought that was they way if it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I would still think 50 posts should be minimum count for taking teams in Div 3 and above. After all, it's the boards.ie league.
    Posting your scores every week will get you there very soon, and at least encourage you onto the form.

I thought if i was a member of boards i could apply for any team, i have been reading through the threads in this forum over the last few weeks to get a gist of things and take this for example
    gerp99 wrote: »
    Would it be ok if the Marseille manager applies for PSV. He aint on boards so I am just passing on the info.

He is ranked 67
    When we allowed in managers from outside the board we said they wouldn't be able too apply for vacant jobs (bar div 4)
    KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Get him to join boards, Bobs your uncle, Fannys your aunt, job done!
    gerp99 wrote: »
    Just asked him and he is a member of boards but he wants to stay at Marseille to get them promoted :D
    pepper180 wrote: »
    If he is a boards member get him to post on this just once and then he can apply :)

SIMPLES :rolleyes:

So from my take non boards.ie members are only allowed div 4 but once you have an account on boards.ie your ok to apply for others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Well able to use the multi quote function..

You should post more. :pac:

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Well able to use the multi quote function..

You should post more. :pac:

If he hadn't multi quoted he'd be bout 8 posts better off :p

I thought if i was a member of boards i could apply for any team, i have been reading through the threads in this forum over the last few weeks to get a gist of things and take this for example

So from my take non boards.ie members are only allowed div 4 but once you have an account on boards.ie your ok to apply for others

You need50 posts on boards bud n then you can wreck the gaff !'

You need50 posts on boards bud n then you can wreck the gaff !'

ah mac you heart breaker, will have to get posting so!

If he hadn't multi quoted he'd be bout 8 posts better off :p

at nearly 20 now, this board is very addictive theres a thread for near everything

I believe this is my 51st haha :p

macca can you cut a set of house keys for me asap please, well sort the my moving in party out later

btw lads if i spend as much time posting everyday as i did this evening i will be holding certain lads responsible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

macca can you cut a set of house keys for me asap please, well sort the my moving in party out later

btw lads if i spend as much time posting everyday as i did this evening i will be holding certain lads responsible

Nicely done, thats determination :D

Ha ha what team Ya want? Post here often any ways!

Ha ha what team Ya want? Post here often any ways!

I think I never withdrew my werder bremen application so you can just accept that thanks

thanks heard about it from one of the lads i work with, think i will take Anderlecht if thats alright

ryand14 wrote: »
    thanks heard about it from one of the lads i work with, think i will take Anderlecht if thats alright

What team does he manage bud?
    That's cool

• Advertisement

he is the man city manager i work with him! nice one

ryand14 wrote: »
    he is the man city manager i work with him! nice one

I've accepted you all ready! Have Ya posted in the main thread? Few lads have players for sale over there

cheers no not yet will have a look

It's "The Boards.ie world" so
    Pop in and say hi lots of general chat in there

Galatasary are free now lads. Applications here

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kavana25

Hi Lads,

Am looking to join if possible, I work with the inter milan manager.

Thanks,

Kavana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

kavana25 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Thanks,

Kavana

You work with Roberto Mancini? Nice!

Mac and Wilberto will sort you out with a team soon enough anyway and there are a lot of teams to choose from. Just 4 games left in this season so you're joining at the right time!

Clubs Currently Available :

No. | Team | Transfer Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division | Level of Difficulty
    1 | Valencia CF | 12.6m | 40 | 89 | 180.8m | 2 | Medium
    2 | Shaktar Donetsk | 4.9m | 75 | 89 | 232.5m | 2 | Easy
    3 | Anzhi | 3.6m | 68 | 88 | 119.4m | 2 | Medium
    4 | Dynamo Kyiv | 2.1m | 80 | 89 | 242.1m | 2 | Easy
    5 | Portsmouth | 41.9m | 49 | 87 | 125.8m | 3 | Hard
    6 | Velez Sarsfield | 13.9m | 40 | 88 | 146.1m | 3 | Hard
    7 | AZ | 12.1m | 40 | 88 | 145.6m | 3 | Hard
    8 | West Brom | 7.2m | 41 | 88 | 170.5m | 3 | Hard
    9 | Galatasaray SK | 3.5m | 50 | 88 | 168.9m | 3 | Medium
    10 | Sao Paulo FC | 3.4m | 52 | 87 | 167.9m | 3 | Hard
    11 | Estudiantes de LP | 2.2m | 73 | 87 | 192.9m | 3 | Hard
    12 | AJ Auxerre | 0.5m | 54 | 87 | 150.5m | 3 | Hard
    13 | Palmeiras | -1.8m | 62 | 88 |151.7m | 3 | Aston Villa
    14 | Bordeaux | 7.2m | 41 | 87 | 149.1m | 4 | Hard
    15 | Besiktas | 5.6m | 48 | 88 | 186.1m | 4 | Hard
    16 | Marseille | 4.9m | 47 | 87 | 155.2m | 4 | Hard
    17 | Chivas | 4.0m | 71 | 87 | 178.6m | 4 | Hard
    18 | Fenerbahce SK | 3.6m | 52 | 87 | 149.7 | 4 | Hard
    19 | Gremio | 3.2m | 59 | 86 | 162.2m | 4 | Burnley
    20 | CSKA Moskva | 2.8m | 39 | 88 | 156.9m | 4 | Hard
    21 | LA Galaxy | 0.7m | 64 | 87 | 132.2m | 4 | Leicester City

kavana25 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Thanks,

Kavana

Hello Kavana,

You can have a look at the above list of free clubs. Unfortunately, as this is a Boards.ie league, it is aimed primarily for regular boards users. As such, only members who have a post count greater or equal to 50 can apply for teams in Divisions 1, 2, or 3.

However, you are perfectly entitled to take charge of one of the Division 4 sides.

Having had a quick look at the sides, both LA Galaxy and Bordeaux are in the play-off positions with only four games to go, but have quite poor squads. Personally, I think the better available teams in that division are CSKA Moscow, and Besiktas, although this may seem fairly obvious going by the fact that they are the only two 88 rated available teams in Division Four.

When you've made your choice, I'd suggest you register for soccermanager.com (if you're not already a member) and search for the boards league (league I.D.: 174426). Then I'd come back here and PM Mac your SM username and the team you've applied for.

Finally, the last thing I'd do is frequent this forum on a regular basis and more specifically this thread!. A lively thread makes this game world far more enjoyable than the vast majority of others.

Welcome aboard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hey Mac, with a heavy heart I would like to submit my CV for the Malaga job!
    (Hanover manager)

• Advertisement

(Hanover manager)

what about our chat :(

what about our chat :(

I tried chatting ya about it tonight on SM chat but was snubbed, Only kidding was just about to send ya private message on SM when ya logged off!!

I'm on there all the time mate

(Hanover manager)

I'd say their yours btw, have been free more than 24hrs but let mac confirm

(Hanover manager)

Some one give the poor lad a new job already

Some one give the poor lad a new job already

Ha! My bad in fairness. I totally forgot to PM him last night when I resigned from Hanover and applied for Malaga.
    Doesn't auger well for Malaga player affiliation documents being signed, sealed, and delivered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

What's the story with the LA Galaxy, Bordeaux and Marseille jobs? I thought they were all managed teams but it says they've been offered to people......yet they haven't taken over yet. Do those people intend to take over or what's going on?

There's even more unmanaged teams now than I thought!

(Hanover manager)

I approve of this post. :):D

I approve of this post. :):D

Got the previous manager's seal of approval. I hope that doesn't make me the Chosen One a la David Moyes!

• Advertisement

Got the previous manager's seal of approval. I hope that doesn't make me the Chosen One a la David Moyes!

Don't worry, I was certainly no Alex Ferguson! :D :pac:

Advertisement