Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yeah, that does ring a bell now that I think of it. I'm sure it was after the whole Atletico Madrid signing Tonic Wine from Dynamo Kiev "scandal" (and I use that term scandal very very loosely :pac:).

I might have a look for the discussion and will throw a few points into the Charter........tomorrow! :D

i had no idea what you where on about so i did my own digging :eek: (started at page 109)

the rule has always been you have 24hours to quit and apply for the new club (always was) tonic took 3 days to quit cause he wanted to finish the season off.... fcuk that shít, if i was around i would of grabbed him by the ear and hauled him stright over there but to many nicey nice from the people he shafted.

also the job application for kiev opened and he was still in charge ffs

looks like one rule for newbies and another for highly ranked people who are over achieving so this guy deserves it so we'll hold it for him till he feels like taking them over...... joe duffys gunna hear bout this. :pac:

i know now that i can apply for a club and not take them over till next season cause thats the rule now as there's previous. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Banned members are not allowed too relay messages threw members here. No banned member has relayed a message. Me and Wilberto have updated a table with all players intentions too apply for the job. That's different too previous post I.e "he should not be named has said player x is right or mr y is for sale at this price"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Has x manager accepted the gig? Is he going to Milan?

Currently on board the Babelcopter, hovering over the Alps ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

baza Rakus wrote: »

Even if you don't get it you should still come back!

Even if you don't get it you should still come back!

I second this.

P.s wilberto is sorting out who gets it he's just waiting on some info via pm,

Sorry for the delay

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

what on earth is there to sort out....? if he plays as benfica tonight he should not be allowed take milan imo....he's taking the piss at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

48hrs to respond/take up the new role would be fair enough IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    48hrs to respond/take up the new role would be fair enough IMO

Disagree as it would only take 24hrs to complete a transfer or 2 before moving on ... not saying that is peoples intention but it surely need to come into consideration

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Disagree as it would only take 24hrs to complete a transfer or 2 before moving on ... not saying that is peoples intention but it surely need to come into consideration

24 is more than enough, as Swoody said anythin beyond is taking the piss...

No surprise to see an attempt to move the goal posts!!!

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Definitely, hadn't thought of that. Some people are away or offline for more than 24hrs hence my reasoning being 48hrs.

I suppose 24hrs should be enough. When applying you know the deadline so it's up to yourself to be online

Definitely, hadn't thought of that. Some people are away or offline for more than 24hrs hence my reasoning being 48hrs.

I suppose 24hrs should be enough. When applying you know the deadline so it's up to yourself to be online

:eek: we have agreed on something :P :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So I lost the Milan job (and my Southend job in the other GW). I've had various issues which I don't need to get into right now but I've spent most of this week in hospital waiting rooms.

I'm not too bothered about the Milan gig as I never actually enjoyed it. Too many old players and no cash to bring anyone younger in. Can I take my Shakhtar team back please?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Beefy78 wrote: »
    So I lost the Milan job (and my Southend job in the other GW). I've had various issues which I don't need to get into right now but I've spent most of this week in hospital waiting rooms.

I'm not too bothered about the Milan gig as I never actually enjoyed it. Too many old players and no cash to bring anyone younger in. Can I take my Shakhtar team back please?

Someone give the man Shaktar back. Way too good to be unmanaged :D

I should never have left as we were top of D2. The war though lads, it was just too much. I had to think of the family.

If the southend job was in my 'but can he do it in ...' league ... re apply mate, I'll accept you

• Advertisement

It was and I shall. Thanks.

Dunno if you were in my leagues but apply away and I'll accept

WELCOME HOME

(sorry ive no fancy gif for you) apply away im online now ill accept you

Dunno if you were in my leagues but apply away and I'll accept

I am but I hadn't lost the Man City job for some reason. Thanks.

If you havent run outta fuel you can touch down in Milan now. The other manager never turned up for his interview. According too multiple sources in Portugal hes been lying by his pool all day laughing too him self after Benfica doubled his wages too stay thus resulting in him withdrawing from the race.

So Baz apply away!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If you havent run outta fuel you can touch down in Milan now. The other manager never turned up for his interview. According too multiple sources in Portugal hes been lying by his pool all day laughing too him self after Benfica doubled his wages too stay thus resulting in him withdrawing from the race.

So Baz apply away!

I'm glad you posted this. This was my first chance at getting on to this today. :)

Anyway credit must go to the Benfica manager. Knowing that particular manager, I just know the only reason they made that decision is for the good of the gameworld, and to have more established, and respected managers in the league.

Fair play to them.

Anyway, as Mac said Baz is the new AC Manager!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I'm not sure I want to bring this back up but I do want to clear up some of the issues you raised.
    swoody wrote: »
    the rule has always been you have 24hours to quit and apply for the new club (always was) tonic took 3 days to quit cause he wanted to finish the season off.... fcuk that shít, if i was around i would of grabbed him by the ear and hauled him stright over there but to many nicey nice from the people he shafted.

He wanted to finish off the season at Kiev as they were gunning for a top four finish at the time, while Atletico were languishing in midtable obscurity with nothing to play for. In the end though, as far as I remember, there was an outcry after he made his request to hold them until after the season but was eventually "made" to step down and apply for Atletico. (I say "he was made to" but really it was of his own accord after he saw the amount of hassle it caused other managers.
    also the job application for kiev opened and he was still in charge ffs

I agree it was poorly handled at the time and I do take personal responsibility for that. But at least we've tried to learn from that lesson and make sure it doesn't happen again. (The current AC Milan scenario isn't the same as that Atletico one)
    looks like one rule for newbies and another for highly ranked people who are over achieving so this guy deserves it so we'll hold it for him till he feels like taking them over...... joe duffys gunna hear bout this. :pac:

I'm not sure of the point your making here. In this current scenario, I offered the job to a manager who is currently in the game world over a returning manager who's deemed to have no ranking. That's the way we've always done things with returning managers. Mr Blobby, and also a previous Rangers manager, have both been adversely affected by this rule.

Of course, the advantage they have over actual new managers is that, once they return, they get back all their manager ranking points that they had when they left, hence pushing them higher up the rankings (which is only fair as they had accumulated those points in this league before they left). I remember this because that's how the Rangers manager managed to get a better job not long after returning to the league.
    i know now that i can apply for a club and not take them over till next season cause thats the rule now as there's previous. :)

The only precedence that is set is that you're not allowed to postpone your move to a new club.

Clubs Currently Available :

No. | Team | Transfer Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    1 | AZ | 14.2m | 40 | 87 | 140.8m | 3
    2 | AJ Auxerre | 10.4m | 54 | 87 | 152.0m | 3
    3 | Velez Sarsfield | 9.4m | 44 | 88 | 152.4m | 3
    4 | Galatasaray SK | 3.0m | 52 | 88 | 170.7m | 3
    5 | Hannover 96 | 2.9m | 103 | 87 | 177.2m | 3
    6 | Sao Paulo | 6.5m | 52 | 87 | 170.2m | 4
    7 | Bordeaux | 6.3m | 41 | 87 | 147.3m | 4
    8 | Fenerbahce SK | 4.8m | 56 | 87 | 152.8m | 4
    9 | Shanghai Shenhua | 4.5m | 62 | 87 | 194.9m | 4
    10 | CSKA Moskva | 4.5m | 39 | 88 | 153.5m | 4
    11 | Chivas | 4.3m | 74 | 87 | 181.1m | 4

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

No. | Team | Transfer Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    1 | AZ | 14.2m | 40 | 87 | 140.8m | 3
    2 | AJ Auxerre | 10.4m | 54 | 87 | 152.0m | 3
    3 | Velez Sarsfield | 9.4m | 44 | 88 | 152.4m | 3
    4 | Galatasaray SK | 3.0m | 52 | 88 | 170.7m | 3
    5 | Hannover 96 | 2.9m | 103 | 87 | 177.2m | 3
    6 | Sao Paulo | 6.5m | 52 | 87 | 170.2m | 4
    7 | Bordeaux | 6.3m | 41 | 87 | 147.3m | 4
    8 | Fenerbahce SK | 4.8m | 56 | 87 | 152.8m | 4
    9 | Shanghai Shenhua | 4.5m | 62 | 87 | 194.9m | 4
    10 | CSKA Moskva | 4.5m | 39 | 88 | 153.5m | 4
    11 | Chivas | 4.3m | 74 | 87 | 181.1m | 4

Surprised Hanover aint gone. Some good young players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

gerp99 wrote: »
    Surprised Hanover aint gone. Some good young players

They all look on me as a father figure and are itching to join me in Spain!

I'd say the new managers aren't looking in that much detail. The old Hamburg manager is looking for a team again I might mention them too him

My manager ranking is now 33. I believe it was 13 or so before I quit. So that answers any questions around historical rankings. Looks like a clean slate!

My manager ranking is now 33. I believe it was 13 or so before I quit. So that answers any questions around historical rankings. Looks like a clean slate!

Would it not be near the 70s if it was a clean slate?

Would it not be near the 70s if it was a clean slate?

Possibly. But my record of 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss so far may point to my rating of 33? Odd.

Possibly. But my record of 1 win, 1 draw and 1 loss so far may point to my rating of 33? Odd.

Perhaps you get deducted over the games you missed? 33 is halfway like!

• Advertisement

Perhaps you get deducted over the games you missed? 33 is halfway like!

Or his points total hasnt changed but other managers have moved ahead of him while he was absent?

I suspect it's more a case of my slate being wiped clean so I start again now. It has been rather a long time. We'll see what it's at after another 3 or 7 games. Perhaps a mathematician amongst us will be able to figure the formula out.

I suspect it's more a case of my slate being wiped clean so I start again now. It has been rather a long time. We'll see what it's at after another 3 or 7 games. Perhaps a mathematician amongst us will be able to figure the formula out.

Dont think you'd get up to 33rd from 60th(or however many teams we have now) ... after 3 games

actually, the below are your ratings in this GW ...

Game World Manager Ranking | 33
    Total Manager Points| 341
    Number Games| 181
    Average Manager Points| 1.88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

SM wrote:
    The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win 3 pts
    Draw 1 pts
    Lose 0 pts
    Win against stronger team 5 pts
    Draw against stronger team 2 pts
    League Title 10 pts
    Cup Title 10 pts

The Manager Points that you are awarded will be accumulated during your time as manager of the club. This information will also be recorded and displayed within your Profile and Club History. If you manage to accumulate enough points then you feature within the Best Managers list.

Please note that if you move to another club due to either accepting a job offer or resigning then your Manager Points will not transfer with you. However, they will still be displayed within your Profile alongside the respective club you accumulated them with.

I don't like butting in on GT's table territory, but below is the current manager rankings for Division 1.

I think we can say that you obviously stopped accumulating points when you left Milan and so dropped down the rankings when you have come back in. The quote above says your manager points will not transfer with you if you move club or leave, but I think it is safe to say they still count considering you are ranked 33 Baz.

Division 1 Manager Ranking :

Ranking | Team | Manger Points | Points/Games AVG
    01 | Barcelona | 604 | 2.40
    02 | Spurs | 576 | 2.22
    03 | Juventus | 515 | 2.01
    04 | Man City | 501 | 2.00
    05 | Dortmund | 489 | 1.87
    06 | A. Madrid | 481 | 2.18
    08 | Arsenal | 457 | 2.10
    09 | FC Porto | 459 | 2.01
    11 | Real Madrid | 430 | 2.14
    13 | Ajax | 431 | 2.06
    15 | Napoli | 426 | 1.84
    16 | Everton | 420 | 1.94
    18 | Roma | 408 | 1.91
    19 | Bayern | 398 | 1.79
    20 | Chelsea | 394 | 2.08
    31 | Inter | 355 | 1.65
    32 | Man Utd | 348 | 1.60
    33 | AC Milan | 341 | 1.88
    35 | PSG | 337 | 1.82
    68 | Hamburg | 000 | 0.00

I don't like butting in on GT's table territory, but below is the current manager rankings for Division 1.

I think we can say that you obviously stopped accumulating points when you left Milan and so dropped down the rankings when you have come back in. The quote above says your manager points will not transfer with you if you move club or leave, but I think it is safe to say they still count considering you are ranked 33 Baz.

Division 1 Manager Ranking :

Ranking | Team | Manger Points | Points/Games AVG
    01 | Barcelona | 604 | 2.40
    02 | Spurs | 576 | 2.22
    03 | Juventus | 515 | 2.01
    04 | Man City | 501 | 2.00
    05 | Dortmund | 489 | 1.87
    06 | A. Madrid | 481 | 2.18
    08 | Arsenal | 457 | 2.10
    09 | FC Porto | 459 | 2.01
    11 | Real Madrid | 430 | 2.14
    13 | Ajax | 431 | 2.06
    15 | Napoli | 426 | 1.84
    16 | Everton | 420 | 1.94
    18 | Roma | 408 | 1.91
    19 | Bayern | 398 | 1.79
    20 | Chelsea | 394 | 2.08
    31 | Inter | 355 | 1.65
    32 | Man Utd | 348 | 1.60
    33 | AC Milan | 341 | 1.88
    35 | PSG | 337 | 1.82
    68 | Hamburg | 000 | 0.00

tumblr_n9sb18TUeS1tnwajko1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

With every manager ranked higher then me in div1, I should manage to climb the table. I'm coming Milan.

I think it would be extremely fitting if GT was to climb to 8th in the rankings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

He has more points than arsenal, how is he below?

JamboMac wrote: »
    He has more points than arsenal, how is he below?

It's a typo on Ctrl's part. GT actually has only 456 points. Although, he may get an extra few points for beating Cruzeiro tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

It's a typo on Ctrl's part. GT actually has only 456 points. Although, he may get an extra few points for beating Cruzeiro tonight!

He has 459 at the time it was posted. I'd guess the points update before the positions and he might take his rightful place of 8th tomorrow.

Could you imagine the trouble it might cause if there were a job going! :pac:

Edit : You are up to 8th now GT!

JamboMac wrote: »
    With every manager ranked higher then me in div1, I should manage to climb the table. I'm coming Milan.

You'd think thats how it work but no...

Thinks its down to squad rating in some shape or form.... Beat stronger squads, get more points.

At least i think thats how it works

1 | Dynamo Kiev | 7.5m | 90 | 89 | 260.2m | 2
    2 | AZ | 15.0m | 40 | 87 | 140.8m | 3
    3 | AJ Auxerre | 11.4m | 54 | 87 | 152.4m | 3
    4 | Velez Sarsfield | 10.2m | 44 | 88 | 152.1m | 3
    5 | West Bromwich Albion | 5.5m | 41 | 88 | 167.6m | 3
    6 | Galatasaray SK | 2.7m | 52 | 88 | 170.2m | 3
    7 | Hannover 96 | 0.9m | 107 | 87 | 179.6m | 3
    8 | Bordeaux | 7.3m | 41 | 87 | 146.6m | 4
    9 | Sao Paulo | 6.9m | 52 | 87 | 171.6m | 4
    10 | Fenerbahce SK | 5.4m | 56 | 87 | 152.4m | 4
    11 | CSKA Moskva | 4.4m | 39 | 88 | 154.7m | 4
    12 | Shanghai Shenhua | 3.8m | 66 | 87 | 194.6m | 4
    13 | Chivas | 3.8m | 74 | 87 | 180.6m | 4

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

Hi lads, I see Wolfsburg is available, I know the fans of Marseille would be devastated but wouldn't mind a craic at zee germans

thisyear wrote: »
    Hi lads, I see Wolfsburg is available, I know the fans of Marseille would be devastated but wouldn't mind a craic at zee germans

No probs, just quit, apply for them and post here I'll accept you then

No probs, just quit, apply for them and post here I'll accept you then

the fans of Marseille are devastated I had to quit.... role on Wolfsburg

• Advertisement

the fans of Marseille are devastated I had to quit.... role on Wolfsburg

Hold up sorry! You don't have 50 posts so can't manage outside division 4

Aghhhh what to do now!!!!

Your welcome too any division 4 team until you contribute too the overall board more

Apply for wolfsburg...

Get posting!

Reach 50posts, come back here and say:"ooi mac, put down the Heineken for a min and accept me!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Wolfsburg are division 4!

• Advertisement
Advertisement