Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Gremio and Celtic are also gone

Celtic only took over

Strange

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Celtic only took over

Strange

The Celtic manager hadn't logged in for two weeks for whatever reason, and I hadn't even realised Gremio were managed. I always assumed they were one of the clubs never to be managed again! :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Any movement on the Liverpool job then?

unkymo wrote: »
    I think its time to liven up this GW!

Everton manager here, applying for the Liverpool job.

Job is yours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Job is yours

it'd be great if you didnt accept him back if he resigns...........just sayin. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Welcome too Hanover

Cheers. So many players in the squad my eyes hurt:eek:
    I may put the head down and try get out of the relegation zone, the lads need to shape up big time!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

swoody wrote: »
    it'd be great if you didnt accept him back if he resigns...........just sayin. ;)

Ridiculously harsh.......just saying! ;)

:D :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »
    Ridiculously harsh.......just saying! ;)

:D :pac:

well he's screwed now cause macs on the piss for the long weekend i reckon so he'll probably forget to log on to SM and totally forget the job vacancies he needs to sort out. mac has previous for forgetting people for weeks on end, sure it took him nearly a month to reply to a pm i sent him. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Cheers. So many players in the squad my eyes hurt:eek:
    I may put the head down and try get out of the relegation zone, the lads need to shape up big time!

Ex Hanover boss here, please please turn their season around, damn PC manager destroying them!
    In terms of the players and who is who, sites like Soccerway are your friend.

well he's screwed now cause macs on the piss for the long weekend i reckon so he'll probably forget to log on to SM and totally forget the job vacancies he needs to sort out. mac has previous for forgetting people for weeks on end, sure it took him nearly a month to reply to a pm i sent him. :o

I'm on the dry this weekend... Stag in Malaga next week Thursday - Monday...

I'll be a write off for a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Shaktar mgr gone.

Applications go here lads please state the club you want and your ranking

Applications for the other half of Merseyside now open :

Closing Deadline : 1st June 2015 @ 10:00

Team | Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    Everton | 116.4m | 29 | 89 | 166.3m | 1

Managers Applying for the Everton vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    SL Benfica Manager | SL Benfica | 21 | 401 | 2.01 | 200

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I'd like to throw my hat in for Everton gig.

phobia2011 wrote: »
    I'd like to throw my hat in for Everton gig.

your 9 hours 45 minutes to late, it should be closed and given to the benfica manager.

he has till 10am to quit tomorrow or it goes to the next in line. (which is you now)

just missed it so!!! lol

if so ill jump into benfica if possible, need a new challenge!!

just missed it so!!! lol

if so ill jump into benfica if possible, need a new challenge!!

You are the only applicant for Everton so if you want them they are yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

You are the only applicant for Everton so if you want them they are yours?

Since when? I would be guessing that others may not have applied if their ranking wasn't as good as Benfica's - although I have a feeling this has happened before....

The other manager withdrew his application and no one else has expressed an interest in

My point is that some may have wanted to apply but were put off by Benfica's rating - I don't see anywhere where the Benfica manager withdrew, if this was known others may have applied - by rights it should go up again, nothing against Phobia but it doesn't sit right that he can apply 9 hours after the deadline and then get the gig because "no-one else expressed an interest"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭9bred4

Why was I removed from Celtic? How do I reapply for them or new club

9bred4 wrote: »

Mr. Blatter found out that you didn't vote for him - bad move

9bred4 wrote: »

If you don't log in for 2 weeks your automatically removed! Just apply again and I'll give them back too you

My point is that some may have wanted to apply but were put off by Benfica's rating - I don't see anywhere where the Benfica manager withdrew, if this was known others may have applied - by rights it should go up again, nothing against Phobia but it doesn't sit right that he can apply 9 hours after the deadline and then get the gig because "no-one else expressed an interest"

Fair enough I'll open it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

fwiw, I agree.

Just to check ...

If there had been a second applicant within the allocated deadline ... would that person now be offered the job or would we be taking applicants again?

For future reference like...

I reckon there is a poll in here somewhere :D

Surely going forward if people are interested in a job they should apply regardless of rating, highest rated gets offered the job ... if the highest rated managers decides to back out (or is a serial non-committer to these new jobs ;) ), the next on the list gets offered the job ... simple really

Just to check ...

If there had been a second applicant within the allocated deadline ... would that person now be offered the job or would we be taking applicants again?

For future reference like...

I reckon there is a poll in here somewhere :D

Surely going forward if people are interested in a job they should apply regardless of rating, highest rated gets offered the job ... if the highest rated managers decides to back out (or is a serial non-committer to these new jobs ;) ), the next on the list gets offered the job ... simple really

sure is......

fe1e9c50c155975f27a09c28af2c75b4.png

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

I would like to formally apply for the post of manager of Everton.

baza Rakus wrote: »
    I would like to formally apply for the post of manager of Everton.

it can be arranged....

bribery.jpg

• Advertisement

ATTENTION EVERYONE I DON'T SMOKE SO THIS IS OBVS A FAKE PICTURE OF SWOODY PASSING ME A PACKET OF FAGS UNDER THE TABLE. THIS PIC MAY BE FAKE! DEFINITELY IS FAKE.

My only fear is the noble fans of The School of Science get wind of this and tink I'm not kosher.

#banthisickfilth

it can be arranged....

bribery.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

When would any of these polls be ratified as we are still waiting on some things to be changed from other ones are we not?

JamboMac wrote: »
    When would any of these polls be ratified as we are still waiting on some things to be changed from other ones are we not?

the SMFA ethics committee will look into it for you if you wire 150M to my american account. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

the SMFA ethics committee will look into it for you if you wire 150M to my american account. ;)

I only do Swiss accounts or the Isle of Man.

applying for everton, where do i find my manager ranking

applying for everton, where do i find my manager ranking

i'll need your bank sort code and account number to access your ranking. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi All

I have just handed in my notice @ AS Roma as I am not really finding the game too interesting anymore and it is unfair of me to be holding on to a team with such talent as Roma without really being involved other than changing the starting lineup for the games.
    Hope someone will take them on and push them to the next level, they have 13.1 in the bank at the moment if that matters

I may be back in the future but for the moment it is not for me.

Regards
    Tommy

I'd like to put my name down for the Roma gig.

Applications so for Roma lads but beware I'm off on a stag at 5am and may not be online until it finished Wednesday

Firstly ... Who is getting the everton Gig?

Firstly ... Who is getting the everton Gig?

Someone has applied over on sm, I'm not sure who it is ? Baz and phobia both in for Everton gig, Wilberto where are ya??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

I think Baz should get the Roma job because he's great. In fact, I think he should get both the Roma job and the Everton job in case he doesn't like the first one.

Hat in for Roma

hat in for everton and roma!!

Ah man! And I never got you anyting!

feel bad now
    Mourinho wrote: »
    I think Baz should get the Roma job because he's great. In fact, I think he should get both the Roma job and the Everton job in case he doesn't like the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Somebody in authority needs to sort the Everton gig, we are into unchartered territory here.

Baz and Phobia have applied for Everton, with the deadline surely closed now.

So whoever is the highest rank needs to make a decision on whether to take the job or not? if not the other guy gets it?

Then the Roma job gets sorted? Unless both pull out of the Everton gig and are now applying for the Roma gig (which has happened), but there are other applicants there too).

Glad I don't have to sort it out :pac:

Can someone put one of those tables up for the Roma and Everton gigses?

Right so, I'll have a stab at sorting out this mess, although I think it's all okay anyway thanks to Hercule being a superb manager!

Applications for the other half of Merseyside now closed :

Closing Deadline : 1st June 2015 @ 10:00 Closed!

Everton | 116.4m | 29 | 89 | 166.3m | 1

Managers Applying for the Everton vacancy :

Manager | Current Club | Manager Ranking | Total Points | Avg Points | No. of Games
    SL Benfica Manager | SL Benfica | 21 | 401 | 2.01 | 200
    Phobia | Club America | 27 | 384 | 1.71 | 224
    Bazarakus | AC Milan | 30 | 359 | 1.80 | 199

Of course, as the Benfica had withdrawn from the race, the position has been offered to the next manager on the Everton shortlist which is Phobia (the current Club America manager.

As for the AS Roma Vacancy

Applications for AS Roma now open :

Closing Deadline : 5th June 2015 @ 11:00

AS Roma | 12.3m | 47 | 90 | 266.7m | 1

Managers Applying for the AS Roma vacancy :

Hercule Poirot | Athletic Club | 19 | 415 | 1.84 | 225
    SL Benfica Manager | SL Benfica | 20 | 404 | 2.00 | 202

So, as you can see, the greatness of Hercule makes this whole issue far easier than it first seemed! Thank you! :D:)

The only problem is that, now that Macs going to be away, I'm not sure how Hercule (or whoever eventually wins) will be accepted after they apply.

We can either try and give Hercule the job now, or wait and leave Roma unmanaged until Mac comes back to accept him. So, which is it to be?

Wilberto wrote: »
    As for the AS Roma Vacancy

Applications for AS Roma now open :

Closing Deadline : 5th June 2015 @ 11:00

AS Roma | 12.3m | 47 | 90 | 266.7m | 1

Managers Applying for the AS Roma vacancy :

Hercule Poirot | Athletic Club | 19 | 415 | 1.84 | 225
    SL Benfica Manager | SL Benfica | 20 | 404 | 2.00 | 202

So, as you can see, the greatness of Hercule makes this whole issue far easier than it first seemed! Thank you! :D:)

The only problem is that, now that Macs going to be away, I'm not sure how Hercule (or whoever eventually wins) will be accepted after they apply.

We can either try and give Hercule the job now, or wait and leave Roma unmanaged until Mac comes back to accept him. So, which is it to be?

If people apply before 3am I'll accept them when on the way too airport

sake! :o(

• Advertisement
Advertisement