Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭thisyear

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooooo :mad: ..... not before the free-for-all of un-managed players!! :D

I'm sure nobody was interested in sportings players anyways 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So I just took the league leaders from each division and compared, the highest ranked manager (man city) ended up with most points anyway. Oh and I only counted boards.ie league posts for last 3 days instead of 30 as there's 10 pages alone for just those 3 days and I don't have all night :)

Boca ranking 41/47 = 6 points
    Av points 2.38= 238 -10 =228points div 3 loyalty 81 games = 8.1 points
    boards posts 3 = 1.5 points
    Total points = 243.6

Flamengo ranking 17/47 = 30 points
    Av points 1.83 = 183 - 15 = 168 points div 4
    loyalty 344 games = 34.4 points
    boards posts 1 =. 5
    Total points = 232.9

Ac Milan 33/47 = 14 points
    Av points 2.36 = 236 - 5 = 231 points div 2
    Loyalty 83 games = 8.3 points
    Boards posts 0
    Total points = 253.3

Man city 5/47 = 42 points
    Av points 2.04 = 204 points
    Loyalty 286 games = 28.6 points
    Boards posts 1=. 5 points
    Total points = 275.1

That's class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

thisyear wrote: »
    Well lads, looking to do a switch from Kiev to sporting if there is no objections!

They have been free for ages, so should just be a case of quit and apply.

You will never be let in Kiev again if you somehow keep Sporting up while Kiev go down, there is a chance!

Will be good to see Sporting survive the upcoming onslaught even though I had my eye on some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Will be good to see Sporting survive the upcoming onslaught even though I had my eye on some of them.

You most certainly ain't alone there!

Right applied there so hopefully all good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

thisyear wrote: »
    Right applied there so hopefully all good!!

Fingers crossed* that Mac is on a combined "triple stag, christening, communion, confirmation, wedding and official opening of the local offie" bender ...

(*) all those with their eyes on that squad have their fingers crossed ... you on the other hand are probably hoping that all pubs in Cork are out of Heineken! ;)

Fingers crossed* that Mac is on a combined "triple stag, christening, communion, confirmation, wedding and official opening of the local offie" bender ...

(*) all those with their eyes on that squad have their fingers crossed ... you on the other hand are probably hoping that all pubs in Cork are out of Heineken! ;)

Lads who ever kidnapped Mac can you return him please so that he can complete the application at sporting.... :)

Mac? Havent seen him for ages ....

spirit1-500x368.jpg

Hes in lads!

Who's the guy that applied for Rangers on boards????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Teams currently available :

No. | Team | Transfer Funds | No. of Players | Avg Rating | Total Value | Division
    1 | Dynamo Kiev | 3.6m | 69 | 89 | 225.0m | 3*
    2 | Hamburger SV | 27.5m | 107 | 88 | 223.2m | 3*
    3 | VfL Wolfsburg | 73.8m | 52 | 88 | 174.5m | 3**
    4 | Valencia | 54.7m | 55 | 88 | 178.1m | 3
    5 | West Brom | 16.3m | 57 | 87 | 177.6m | 3
    6 | Celtic | 15.0m | 125 | 88 | 252.4m | 3
    7 | Palmeiras | 5.6m | 84 | 87 | 170.5m | 3
    8 | RSC Anderlecht | 4.0m | 41 | 88 | 169.2m | 3
    9 | Galatasaray | (0.2m) | 57 | 87 | 154.2m | 3
    10 | FC Twente | (1.5m) | 53 | 88 | 164.0m | 3
    11 | Shaktar Donetsk | (1.7m) | 92 | 88 | 237.1m | 3
    12 | Portsmouth | (3.0m) | 69 | 88 | 162.2m | 3
    13 | Fenerbahce | 43.1m | 64 | 87 | 146.0m | 4
    14 | Sao Paulo FC | 27.4m | 51 | 87 | 147.8m | 4
    15 | Girondins Bordeaux | 26.9m | 50 | 87 | 136.4m | 4
    16 | FC Basel | 21.7m | 45 | 87 | 157.8m | 4***
    17 | Shanghai Shenhua | 19.4m | 68 | 88 | 179.1m | 4***
    18 | O. Marselle | 17.3m | 62 | 87 | 169.7m | 4
    19 | CSKA Moskva | 14.5m | 49 | 88 | 152.5m | 4
    20 | Besiktas | 14.2m | 54 | 88 | 184.7m | 4
    21 | LA Galaxy | 13.3m | 73 | 86 | 130.3m | 4
    22 | AJ Auxerre | 12.6m | 63 | 87 | 156.9m | 4
    23 | Velez Sarsfield | 11.6m | 63 | 87 | 152.5m | 4
    24 | AZ | 7.1m | 52 | 86 | 146.0m | 4*
    25 | Gremio | 4.9m | 72 | 86 | 163.6m | 4
    26 | Standard Liege | 3.4m | 54 | 87 | 166.3m | 4
    27 | Hannover | 3.3m | 110 | 87 | 215.0m | 4
    28 | Stuttgart | 2.1m | 65 | 88 | 212.1m | 4*
    29 | Chivas De Guadalajara | (1.0m) | 76 | 86 | 176.1m | 4
    30 | Olympiacos | (3.5m) | 66 | 87 | 223.5m | 4*
    31 | Sporting de Braga | (16.8m) | 86 | 87 | 219.8m | 4
    32 | Rangers | --.-m | 95 | 89 | 280.0m | 3****

* Club has just been relegated to this division.
    ** Club is in the Division 3 playoff final.
    *** Club is in the Division 4 playoff final.
    **** Club has currently been applied for by an unknown manager. However, they are still available as this application is due to be rejected.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Who's the guy that applied for Rangers on boards????

I don't think he is on boards, is he? Apparently he's Argentinian.

Wilberto wrote:

I take it by the 4 stars so he's not getting the Rangers gig?

Few days from buying from unmanaged is turned on and a randomer applies for one of the best unmanaged clubs??

Sorry but fairly questionable timing

Wilberto wrote:

Or not..... same for Shaktar, guess the rules just are not that important anymore...

Pity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Or not..... same for Shaktar, guess the rules just are not that important anymore...

Pity

All i'll say is keep an eye on the ins and outs of those 2 clubs. I have a feeling they're going to be friends of current users or duplicate accounts that will either sell their current players for cash to said user or buy up the good players from unmanaged for cash and subsequently sell them on to said user. Once their job is done, they'll quit and never return.

It has happened previously but nothing was proven

Watch this space.....

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

The Rangers manager is friends with Baza Rakus?

The other guy is Irish anyhow...

The more managers the better obviously but we want boardsies at the same time.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

The more managers the better obviously but we want boardsies at the same time.

Not so much 'want' as opposed to that is (or as it seems now, was) was the rule....

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

New Rangers manager has 76 clubs, jaysus I struggle with 8 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Leon Leon and cas cas?

Not suspicious at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭gerp99

Leon Leon and cas cas?

Not suspicious at all!

I thought gerp gerp would be too obvious

Wilberto was PM'd after we posted in the fantasy football section ON boards. Let's take the paranoia down a few levels Jesus lads!

Pity

If you have an issue raise it with the mods in private not by questioning on thread when you don't know what's going on

I enquire as to weather or not rules have been broken and get the bold treatment whilst 2 others have implied these new managers may not be how do you say 'above board' and u guessed it...

Nothing.

I'll probably get a holiday for this but we both know it's got nothing to do with new managers anyway...

BTW impeccable timing finding 2 managers (with oddly similar style usernames???) To stopgap these clubs before unmanaged kicks in!

Imagine that!

Rangers is the suspicious one seeing as they have so many players that will be high in demand.

I'll be baffled if tupac gets a warning and if he does, you may as well give myself and the other lads warnings too....

Colemania wrote: »
    Rangers is the suspicious one seeing as they have so many players that will be high in demand.

I'll be baffled if tupac gets a warning and if he does, you may as well give myself and the other lads warnings too....

Ooooh back seat modding!!

:D

• Advertisement

Ooooh back seat modding!!

:D

Stop trying to get me in trouble! :D

Stop trying to get me in trouble! :D

Sir, sir, sir.... colemania hit me!

To be fair to all, the charter does state that you need to be registered on boards.ie to take a club, and furthermore you need to have above 50 posts to take a club outside Division 4.

While this may be the case for the recent additions, it is the not knowing that causes suspicion. It should be known.

Moving on from the above, the charter needs updating if we have dropped the 50 post thing which may have been discussed before- but I can't be arsed checking back.

The rules are there to protect the game world.

Leon Leon is the Boards.ie user Rule Supreme. He applied for Shaktar after messaging me not long after I advertised the jobs in the fantasy games forum. He currently has 84 boards.ie posts.

Just tell lads to com e introduce themselves on the main thread ... problem solved ;)

• Advertisement

Good to see new players joining anyway.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cross posting with the mod warning in the other thread, but discussing mod warnings is against the rules of the entire site, and is specifically written into the charter as well.

If you have an issue with mod warnings, PM the mods to discuss it. But please drop discussing mod warnings on thread, as it only serves to disrupt thing.

(And goes without saying, if you want to discuss THIS mod warning, please PM me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭modo85

All i'll say is keep an eye on the ins and outs of those 2 clubs. I have a feeling they're going to be friends of current users or duplicate accounts that will either sell their current players for cash to said user or buy up the good players from unmanaged for cash and subsequently sell them on to said user. Once their job is done, they'll quit and never return.

It has happened previously but nothing was proven

Watch this space.....

Bahaha looks like it didnt take to long for the mentioned manager to sell a top player for cash and the irony is the buying manager liked the quoted message

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Wilberto wrote: »
    Leon Leon is the Boards.ie user Rule Supreme. He applied for Shaktar after messaging me not long after I advertised the jobs in the fantasy games forum. He currently has 84 boards.ie posts.

That's fair enough man, but you could have told us this rather than giving the appearance of randomers taking over important clubs, especially with the time that's in it RE: buying from unmanaged - I was worried, your mother was worried.....now go to your room and think about what you've done

modo85 wrote: »
    Bahaha looks like it didnt take to long for the mentioned manager to sell a top player for cash and the irony is the buying manager liked the quoted message

Tupac is not at fault here I believe everything that the other managers including tupac have said was gonna happen I.e sell top players and leave, is happening.
    Mac did you send the message "cash is worthless" to the new incoming managers like you have done with all the other incoming managers?

Are both not experiences SM managers tho? If so they should know the lie of the land already.

GT_TDI_150 wrote:
    Are both not experiences SM managers tho? If so they should know the lie of the land already.

I was chatting with the Shaktar manager.... he's played before and is in debt so max cash was appealing!

He seems like a decent lad

Yes maybe they are experienced but I thought that we all agreed that this gameworld is different than others and that Mac or someone else was gonna send incoming managers a pm on the transfers that go through here I.e multiple players for 1 player and that cash isn't as attractive in this gameworld as it may be in others

That's fair enough man, but you could have told us this rather than giving the appearance of randomers taking over important clubs, especially with the time that's in it RE: buying from unmanaged - I was worried, your mother was worried.....now go to your room and think about what you've done

I had planned to make a special announcement as soon as he was accepted once I got on in the evening, but then everything had kicked off before I had the chance.

Go to my room? You mean my room with the 50" HD TV, PS4, and Xbox 360? That's such a harsh punishment! :P :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Go to my room? You mean my room with the 50" HD TV, PS4, and Xbox 360? That's such a harsh punishment! :P :D :pac:

nerd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

swoody wrote: »
    nerd.jpg

That's him! That's Soccer Manager Guy! I'd heard rumours, seen theories, but never actually SEEN him before. Wow. He's even more magnificent than the legends make out. Did you know he single-handedly manages Soccer Manager as well as 45 other online games? Word is Soccer Manager only takes 30 minutes of his time each week!

baza Rakus wrote: »
    Word is Soccer Manager only takes 30 minutes of his time each week!

I'd believe that alright :D

I had planned to make a special announcement as soon as he was accepted once I got on in the evening, but then everything had kicked off before I had the chance.

If you wana drop the new managers a line or pm here etc just giving them the low down that be great :D

Bremen manager wants to switch to Anderlect

Any issues with this wilberto?

MrMac84 wrote: »

None at all I'd imagine!

There are other issues in the queue :pac:

They are free more than 24hr ... drive on imo

*Frantically adjusts transfer strategy*

Yeah work away I'd say.

Anderlecht have been free for ages, and Nobbykko (his Boards username) has 52 posts so all is good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

I'd like to apply for the Barca gig.

• Advertisement

baza Rakus wrote:
    I'd like to apply for the Barca gig.

Pretty sure Mac is taking them back dude?

Advertisement