Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boards.ie World Manager Application Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭bazarakus

Manager rating

Hamburg on tip at the moment with me second I think

What manager rating? What's that based on like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

bazarakus wrote: »
    What manager rating? What's that based on like?

I can't remember the system exactly but you move up and down depending on how you do in the league.

Someone might find it on the soccermanager wiki for ya. Think I'm about 15/75 and Hamburg are 7/75, you're about 35/75 if I remember correctly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I wonder what rating a certain manager called "D Murray" is. I have a feeling he's going to be hugely disappointed as he's already after applying for the job.

Anyway, the manager rankings are as follows :
    • Hamburg - 7
    • Sao Paulo - 13
    • Lazio - 31
    • Galatasaray - 34
    • Benfica - 59

Unconfirmed :
    • Newcastle - 27

Other :
    • Estudiantes - 58

Just as well I'm not throwing my hat in the ring!!! It would have been a waste of a good hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads Sunderland manager has PM'd me on boards about job but hes bvanned from here..What will we do there?

dmurray is a friend of mine i told him join the world & here. he wont be gettin barca tho ha ha

Wilberto wrote: »
    I wonder what rating a certain manager called "D Murray" is. I have a feeling he's going to be hugely disappointed as he's already after applying for the job.

Anyway, the manager rankings are as follows :
    • Hamburg - 7
    • Sao Paulo - 13
    • Lazio - 31
    • Galatasaray - 34
    • Benfica - 59

Unconfirmed :
    • Newcastle - 27

Other :
    • Estudiantes - 58

Just as well I'm not throwing my hat in the ring!!! It would have been a waste of a good hat.

That's that then!

How do you improve your rating?

• Advertisement

As alot of the big clubs are already managed players who join now will start with a small team and try too amass as much manager points as possible as down the road when teams become free we refer too manager points and the manager with the most points who wants the job is awarded it.it is easyier too get points with small teams then big teams as this explains

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win: 3 pts
    Draw: 1 pts
    Lose: 0 pts
    Win against stronger team: 5 pts
    Draw against stronger team: 2 pts
    League Title: 10 pts
    Cup Title: 10 pts

The Manager Points that you are awarded will be accumulated during your time as manager of the club. This information will also be recorded and displayed within your Profile and Club History. If you manage to accumulate enough points then you feature within the Best Managers list.

Please note that if you move to another club due to either accepting a job offer or resigning then your Manager Points will not transfer with you. However, they will still be displayed within your Profile alongside the respective club you accumulated them with.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    As alot of the big clubs are already managed players who join now will start with a small team and try too amass as much manager points as possible as down the road when teams become free we refer too manager points and the manager with the most points who wants the job is awarded it.it is easyier too get points with small teams then big teams as this explains

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win: 3 pts
    Draw: 1 pts
    Lose: 0 pts
    Win against stronger team: 5 pts
    Draw against stronger team: 2 pts
    League Title: 10 pts
    Cup Title: 10 pts

The Manager Points that you are awarded will be accumulated during your time as manager of the club. This information will also be recorded and displayed within your Profile and Club History. If you manage to accumulate enough points then you feature within the Best Managers list.

Please note that if you move to another club due to either accepting a job offer or resigning then your Manager Points will not transfer with you. However, they will still be displayed within your Profile alongside the respective club you accumulated them with.

I see. No further questions!

Your witness...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads Sunderland manager has PM'd me on boards about job but hes bvanned from here..What will we do there?

dmurray is a friend of mine i told him join the world & here. he wont be gettin barca tho ha ha

I see no problem in letting him apply. However, as he only has a ranking of 57, I don't think it will be an issue!! :D:D

bazarakus wrote: »
    I see. No further questions!

Your witness...

Ha ha copy and paste job from last thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Oh Barcelona is tempting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nobbykko

Mr Mac i'd like to put my name forward for barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Oh Barcelona is tempting!

i'd go for it as it's probably the only chance you'll ever get to manage them.....

nobbykko wrote: »
    Mr Mac i'd like to put my name forward for barca.

which club are you......?

swoody wrote: »
    i'd go for it as it's probably the only chance you'll ever get to manage them.....

Genuinely torn as to whether to stay with AZ or not.... :(

Have gotten them promoted from D4 in season 1, and currently sit 2nd in D3. All from one of the smallest clubs in the game world, and a playing panel of just 23. But is Barca job too good not to have a crack at??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Jose Seaninho of Sporting Lisbon, the current in form manager in the game world, on a 22 game unbeaten streak and with a 13 point lead at the top of Division 4 would like to be considered for the Barcelona Manager's position.

His current chairman has said that such a talented, special manger deserves the chance to manage one of the biggest clubs in the World and wouldn't stand in his way if the offer came.

How do ya check rankings again?

I know I'm well down there anyway so probably won't get it but wanna see how I'm doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Seaneh wrote: »
    How do ya check rankings again?

I know I'm well down there anyway so probably won't get it but wanna see how I'm doing.

Match preview>club

Jose Seaninho of Sporting Lisbon, the current in form manager in the game world, on a 22 game unbeated streak and with a 13 point lead at the top of Division 4 would like to be considered for the Barcelona Manager's position.

His current chairman has said that such a talented, special manger deserves the chance to manage one of the biggest clubs in the World and wouldn't stand in his way if the offer came.

remember the division your in and the standard your up against........ just sayin!

remember the division your in and the standard your up against........ just sayin!

Whatever, my unbeaten run is an amazing achievement and testament to my skills as a manager. An unheard of level of success in a tight division.
    My ability in the transfer market as well as my man management skills and tactical genius is unmatched and has lead to total domination of the league.

Only a small, jealous man would try to undermine my achievements with Sporting.

Either way, I won't be getting the Barca job, my rank is low.

• Advertisement

And the fact that he's ranked 62 which means we can all safely say that he won't be getting the Barca job. Unless, of course, about 6 managers pull out which seems highly unlikely.

It looks like it's between Al Capwned (AZ - (6)), 12 Guage Dave (Hamburg - (7)), and PPPP (Sao Paulo - (13)).

Genuinely torn as to whether to stay with AZ or not.... :(

Have gotten them promoted from D4 in season 1, and currently sit 2nd in D3. All from one of the smallest clubs in the game world, and a playing panel of just 23. But is Barca job too good not to have a crack at??

if you have to think about managing barca you obviously don't really want to.....

Stick my name down there for the Barcelona job mate.

Like Swoody said, opportunities like this aint gonna come around too often. I'll miss AZ terribly if I do get the job though. Have gotten very attached to the little hoors!

Stick my name down there for the Barcelona job mate.

Like Swoody said, opportunities like this aint gonna come around too often. I'll miss AZ terribly if I do get the job though. Have gotten very attached to the little hoors!

i think you'll only be up against the spuds and scousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Either way, I won't be getting the Barca job, my rank is low.

Are you talking to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭tom_k

I'd like to apply for the Barcelona job too. I'm Palmeiras btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well he can only beat the teams that are in the division, what more do you want him to do?

Walking away with the division, and doing so with some style.

It was a close run division last year, and last years champions Hamburger are doing the division proud by sitting top of Division 3 at the moment.

Be careful up there at the top, the only way is down :p

JamboMac wrote: »
    Are you talking to yourself.

Sorry, you'll have to speak up, I can't hear you from all the way down there in midtable.

:pac:

Well he can only beat the teams that are in the division, what more do you want him to do?

Walking away with the division, and doing so with some style.

It was a close run division last year, and last years champions Hamburger are doing the division proud by sitting top of Division 3 at the moment.

Be careful up there at the top, the only way is down :p

Not forgetting last years runners-up iin D4, AZ, who are in second in D3 this year!
    Fwiw, I agree, he's doing a cracking job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Sorry, you'll have to speak up, I can't hear you from all the way down there in midtable.

:pac:

Loyal to my mid-table team.only 4 or 5 pts off second.

Advertisement