Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ppi 6 year limit

• 09-08-2013 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I have been fighting with mbna for over a year now over a ppi product they say I agreed to over the phone, I didn't the problem is that I complained in June 2012 and had until August 16th 2012 to lodge a complaint with FSO and mbna dragged it out until that date passed. At the time and now mbna head office was/is in the uk so could that mean we would be under their rules, 15 years and not 6 like here? Anyone know, it's driving me mad that they took money from me by fraud and are getting away with it!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Mulligan11 wrote: »
    I have been fighting with mbna for over a year now over a ppi product they say I agreed to over the phone, I didn't the problem is that I complained in June 2012 and had until August 16th 2012 to lodge a complaint with FSO and mbna dragged it out until that date passed. At the time and now mbna head office was/is in the uk so could that mean we would be under their rules, 15 years and not 6 like here? Anyone know, it's driving me mad that they took money from me by fraud and are getting away with it!

Anything you have from MBNA booklets of terms and conditions whatever etc check them as it may be written in the small print stating their complaints procedure like "we aim to resolve complaints within 10 working days blah blah blah" if it says anything like then I'm pretty sure they have breached the terms of the contract you signed with them by not responding to your complaint within that timeframe and the FSO will have to take on your complaint as MBNA dragged it out.

My advice to anyone thinking of applying for a credit services read the terms and conditions at least 20 times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

6 year limit rule is a crock. Crazy rule.

Advertisement