Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs in Sydney?

Options
  • 09-08-2013 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hiya guys,

My friend and I have been in Perth for 6 months now and have been struggling with work to be honest. We are now thinking of relocating to Sydney asap. Does anyone have any idea what the job situation is like over there. Is it as tough as it is in Perth at the minute. When I say jobs I mean run of the mill jobs, backpacker stuff, nothing high profile or anything lol.

Thanks for the help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

there is work in Sydney if you get out there and look hard for it, its not easy to get a job, but if your determined and are willing to work hard then yes there is work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Jbpc

daftdave wrote: »
    there is work in Sydney if you get out there and look hard for it, its not easy to get a job, but if your determined and are willing to work hard then yes there is work here.

Yeah we're very determined to make this work at this stage, we feel we wasted to much time and effort in perth and have had little to show for it unfortunately. Thanks for your reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

look up exact recruitment in parramatta , its temp work but handy all the same . could get 2 r 3 days a week. works out at 150 a day. is it that bad over there? thinking bout heading over in oct

look up exact recruitment in parramatta , its temp work but handy all the same . could get 2 r 3 days a week. works out at 150 a day. is it that bad over there? thinking bout heading over in oct

yeah will check that out for sure, 150 a day- 2/3 days a week will suit us down to the ground for defo, thanks a mil

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I thought Perth was crawling with work?

• Advertisement

jank wrote: »
    I thought Perth was crawling with work?

Maybe if you have a trade but otherwise its thin on the ground in my opinion. I was lucky enough to find a handy number for a few months but a friend of mine has been struggling for months at this stage and has had no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Jbpc wrote: »
    Maybe if you have a trade but otherwise its thin on the ground in my opinion. I was lucky enough to find a handy number for a few months but a friend of mine has been struggling for months at this stage and has had no luck.

I think our friend above Jbpc was trying to troll.

/FAIL

Diddler82 wrote: »
    I think our friend above Jbpc was trying to troll.

/FAIL

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Perth seems to be a victim of its own success. Lots of Irish/English got there years ago and work was plenty. Now with GFC everyone is going there, it being a small city....demand is outstripping supply. It being a massive hub for FIFO workers (fly in/fly out) workers earning mega $'s it's become expensive but people still head there.

Advertisement