Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value family Health Insurane

Options
  • 09-08-2013 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi , i have family health cover for my wife and two kids 22&19
    we have level 2 cover , and the kids are on a fairly basic plan
    my renewal premium has increased almost 50 % with LAYA. The comparative website though useful is too complex. there must be thirty different plans with minor variations out there.
    Can anyone advise the most basic level 2 cover for my wife and I and similarly for the kids. Alternatively , can someone recommend a broker who actually understands what the differences in these plans are and can advise me appropriately
    txs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

andyb004 wrote: »
    Hi , i have family health cover for my wife and two kids 22&19
    we have level 2 cover , and the kids are on a fairly basic plan
    my renewal premium has increased almost 50 % with LAYA. The comparative website though useful is too complex. there must be thirty different plans with minor variations out there.
    Can anyone advise the most basic level 2 cover for my wife and I and similarly for the kids. Alternatively , can someone recommend a broker who actually understands what the differences in these plans are and can advise me appropriately
    txs

Im in the same boat, a friend recommended these, they helped me and made things understandable

Dooley insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Feel your pain, I move health insurers regularly. As long as you have no gap, there is no problem with pre-existing conditions and cover. My renewal is due with Laya on 1st Sept and came in at €3,060 for 3 adults in the family. Went with Glo-Health (ex-Aviva staff) for €2,600

Outrageous amount of money in the end and I had to let my Sky subscription go to cover it. My health insurance is the last thing I'll let go given that you can't trust the support services in the State.

I'm not on my own in this regard but what sticks in my throat is that we, the people, will vote the same people back in next time that put us here in the 1st place

Advertisement