Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna join a Scooby Doo Team? (Dublin)

Options
  • 09-08-2013 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,

Anyone interested in putting together a fun 'Scooby Doo' / 'Ghostbusters' team of about 4-5 people? I'm 30, female, but the group will be for anyone 18+ based in Dublin or nearby.The idea would be for us to meet up in various old, supposedly haunted places around Dublin (accessible by public transport) every few weeks to investigate haunted happenings and to get a bit of a tour where possible and we can film when we're allowed. We'll try as much as possible to do this on the cheap...hopefully all you'll need is your bus fare and a can-do attitude.

I have a cheapo handycam, but we can look at renting some better filming equipment down the road if all goes well. We might even put the videos on our own YouTube channel...volunteer video editors are more than welcome to join the group! I'm thinking something like 'Most Haunted'...

Psychics, Skeptics, Believers, Dog Owners and Film-makers welcome! Personally, I love ghost stories and I'd like to be a believer! This is about ghost-investigating (X-files style!) but really it's more about meeting up, having a laugh, getting a bit of interesting 'scary' history and not taking ourselves too seriously. There may also be food / drinks to be had at our upcoming various outings.

I'm open to suggestions for spooky places to visit. Here's a few I though would be good:
    - Dublin Ghost Bus (hey everyone's gotta start somewhere)
    - Dublin castle
    - Kilmainham Gaol
    - Glasnevin cemetary
    - Malahide castle (to find out the real story about Puck the mini ghost and his little door)
    - The Abandoned Old Mill in Ushers (Swords, Rivervalley area)
    - Depending on how well it goes, we may decide to travel farther afield, stay in some haunted B&Bs, who knows?!

If you'd be interested in meeting up or if you have any interesting haunted places suggestions, please feel free to PM me with your name and number and we'll start organising asap. Lookin' forward to hearing from you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Just a word of advice, you wont get into these places on your own if you say your investigating the paranormal.

- Dublin castle
    - Kilmainham Gaol
    - Malahide castle

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Senor Willy

Sounds like fun.

What excuse do I give the wife to get away. I cant say I`m going ghost hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aslanroars

id b very interested in joining something like this .i did the wicklow jail ghost night last year .some weird **** happened that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

I love this! This is a brillant idea. I'm not interested in investigating the paranormal really but like the idea of being one of a group of "experts" like some '60s British spy TV show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fiofio

@ Ziycon - Cheers for the advice. We can always check with them in advance. If we can't film at the premises, we can always looks at interviews with people who know the haunted history! :)

@Senor Willy - Excuse for the wife, hmmm...you could ask her if she'd like to come with? haha

@aslanroars - Ooo Wicklow jail...defo, I've heard that place is very haunted! Yes, a definite yes...added to the list.

@theholyghost - I don't really know the first thing about paranormal investigations, except for the X-Files, a couple of movies and that TV series 'Most Haunted'. Looks like good fun, measuring temperatures and what not. Would you be interested in playing 'the sceptic' so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 fiofio

I'm delighted that there's been so much interest in this post :)

I'm looking forward to organising our very first meet up soon! Locations will be put to a vote before the end of the week (based on the suggestions you've given me). In the meantime, I've set up an email address, so if you'd like to get in touch, you'll find me at:
    irelandparanormal@gmail.com

Feel free to 'Like' the new Facebook page here
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paranormal-Investigators-Ireland/651090488234479?ref=hl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Sounds like fun.

What excuse do I give the wife to get away. I cant say I`m going ghost hunting.

Say you're having an affair?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

i really like this idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

27, f and interested in tagging along :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'd love to do something like this but my OH works really late and I have a toddler.. so it's a no go for me.. maybe in the future at some stage :)

I'd recommend Loftus Hall in Wexford and Woodlawn House in Galway for your list .. they are supposed to be good 'hotspots' ;)

Good luck with it!

• Advertisement

anymore on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Jessica xxx

xzanti wrote: »
    I'd love to do something like this but my OH works really late and I have a toddler.. so it's a no go for me.. maybe in the future at some stage :)

I'd recommend Loftus Hall in Wexford and Woodlawn House in Galway for your list .. they are supposed to be good 'hotspots' ;)

Good luck with it!

Unfortunitly both of these places are a definite "no go"! But great suggestion though

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭mummymoo

id like to with enough notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TipperaryMan12

fiofio wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone interested in putting together a fun 'Scooby Doo' / 'Ghostbusters' team of about 4-5 people? I'm 30, female, but the group will be for anyone 18+ based in Dublin or nearby.The idea would be for us to meet up in various old, supposedly haunted places around Dublin (accessible by public transport) every few weeks to investigate haunted happenings and to get a bit of a tour where possible and we can film when we're allowed. We'll try as much as possible to do this on the cheap...hopefully all you'll need is your bus fare and a can-do attitude.

I have a cheapo handycam, but we can look at renting some better filming equipment down the road if all goes well. We might even put the videos on our own YouTube channel...volunteer video editors are more than welcome to join the group! I'm thinking something like 'Most Haunted'...

Psychics, Skeptics, Believers, Dog Owners and Film-makers welcome! Personally, I love ghost stories and I'd like to be a believer! This is about ghost-investigating (X-files style!) but really it's more about meeting up, having a laugh, getting a bit of interesting 'scary' history and not taking ourselves too seriously. There may also be food / drinks to be had at our upcoming various outings.

I'm open to suggestions for spooky places to visit. Here's a few I though would be good:
    - Dublin Ghost Bus (hey everyone's gotta start somewhere)
    - Dublin castle
    - Kilmainham Gaol
    - Glasnevin cemetary
    - Malahide castle (to find out the real story about Puck the mini ghost and his little door)
    - The Abandoned Old Mill in Ushers (Swords, Rivervalley area)
    - Depending on how well it goes, we may decide to travel farther afield, stay in some haunted B&Bs, who knows?!

If you'd be interested in meeting up or if you have any interesting haunted places suggestions, please feel free to PM me with your name and number and we'll start organising asap. Lookin' forward to hearing from you! :)

Scooby doo team ? Are you going to be dressing up in a Scooby doo costume as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Threads like this scare me. Its all about the social event rather than research these days.
    Scooby doo team ? Are you going to be dressing up in a Scooby doo costume as well ?

So anything happening with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

This sounds so good, I'd definitely be up for it!!

I'll PM you my number and stuff, not sure if it's still happening or not but please let me know if it is! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Faz6r

mystery team , sounds exciting

Not sure if the OP is still interested in this, but if anyone is PM me!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭conor2469

I'd be interested in this too, will keep an eye on this thread for updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I would love something like this down in Cork :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

celica00 wrote: »
    I would love something like this down in Cork :/

You should get in touch with the folks at Cork Paranormal Investigators (CPI) - though they would generally be more 'serious' investigators, I have it on good word that they still have a laugh as well. You could always tag along for one of their open/public investigations and see if you like the whole thing.

Their Facebook page (FYI, their email address is there): https://www.facebook.com/Cork.Paranormal.Investigators

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Is this going ahead? Would be very interested in this 21/m

• Registered Users Posts: 48 danom8

I'd also be very interested in this if it's still going ahead. I'm a medium, male, 23. Sounds like a bit of fun and who knows what could be uncovered? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mr jelly bean

I be interested in joining and have a good bit of equipment as well lets us know what the story is

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GreatWarrior

I wanna join!!! i am 21 and male!!! how and when can we start this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

is this still going?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Zomboid

This was such a neat idea. I wish I could have been part of something like this.

Advertisement