Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money transfer into my account

Options
  • 09-08-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My sister transferred money from her Ulster bank account into mine nearly a week ago, why hasn't it arrived in my account yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

S1ne wrote: »
    My sister transferred money from her Ulster bank account into mine nearly a week ago, why hasn't it arrived in my account yet?
    Hi S1ne,

Thank you for contacting us through boards.

As the transfer was made by your sister, she will have to contact her bank directly to have this payment traced.  A week seems to be a long time, if you made a domestic transfer from your BOI account before 3:30pm on a working day, it will be with the beneficiary bank the next working day.

Thanks again

Seán

• Registered Users Posts: 2 S1ne

S1ne wrote: »
    Hi S1ne,

Thank you for contacting us through boards.

As the transfer was made by your sister, she will have to contact her bank directly to have this payment traced.  A week seems to be a long time, if you made a domestic transfer from your BOI account before 3:30pm on a working day, it will be with the beneficiary bank the next working day.

Thanks again

Seán
    Yeah I know, it seemed like a bit too much of a delay. I can't understand it because she said that the automated reply she received just after sending the money informed her that the transfer was successful. I accidentally gave her my deposit account details the first time but the bank still told her that the transfer went through fine. I gave her my current account details the second time so there's no reason why it shouldn't be in my account. I'm in America as well on a J1 and I'm coming home in the a week but my phone's been disconnected so I can't contact my bank at home. What could the problem be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi S1ne

There could be a couple of reasons for the delay and at this point we would advise you to ask your sister to check with her bank to see can they resolve it for you both. 

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

Advertisement