Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hubs not available to eFibre customers

Options
  • 09-08-2013 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I just became an eFibre customer and despite being promised by the sales team that I would have access to MusicHub, WifiHub and StudyHub, I now find that none of them are available. (MusicHub discontinued for all customers on July 31st). It took some time to find this out and the FAQs are out of date. It's originates from the fact that the eFibre account number and the eircom account number are two different beasts and I wasn't and eircom customer before moving to eircom, so I don't have an eircom account number. One guy said that the problem will be resolved and the hubs will be available in September. Another representative said that I won't be given an eircom account number until December. What's the real deal here?

Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

music hub no longer exists

you need to register on the eircom website for study hub and wifi hub

you will also have a new account number... you will need to call billing to get the new account number.

when you upgrade from dsl to efibre your old account is removed and replaced with a new account.

the reason this is done is because all residential efibre customers accounts are on a new system.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rfallon

Yes, music hub doesn't exist and in fairness it's taken off their website. 

However, I'm told that new eFibre customer, that is ones who were not Eircom customers before will have to wait to get a new account number to be able to use the hubs, that's the point. So even though them hubs are sold as a sweetener, you won't be able to access them until September according to one analyst and December according to another. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

rfallon wrote: »
    Yes, music hub doesn't exist and in fairness it's taken off their website. 

However, I'm told that new eFibre customer, that is ones who were not Eircom customers before will have to wait to get a new account number to be able to use the hubs, that's the point. So even though them hubs are sold as a sweetener, you won't be able to access them until September according to one analyst and December according to another. 

Hi rfallon,

I'm afraid the Hubs are unavailable for Fibre customer until the next roll out which is due in September.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement