Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USA 12 Month Graduate Visa Question

Options
  • 09-08-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am currently applying for the 12 month graduate visa, but I have a question about my eligibility. I graduated last October, however my cert states June, because that is when results were issued. The company have told me that with a letter from the college stating my graduation was in October, I may be eligible. However, it has to state that my official date of graduation was then and not just the ceremony. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? If so, was it an issue? The college will issue me a letter but only stating my graduation ceremony was then. My degree still became official in June. Is there any way around this if it is an issue? I didn't think I wanted to apply for the visa before June and now I really, really want to. In a pickle!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I had the same. I called up my Department secretary and asked her for a letter confirming I graduated on November XX 20XX. I received it in the post a few days later and it had the date of the ceremony in November (which IS when you actually graduate). It didn't specify that it was the ceremony date, purely that I graduated on that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tootsiep18

And the embassy accepted it, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Yes

Advertisement