Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC replacement screen Cork

Options
  • 09-08-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could go to get a replacement screen for a HTC One mobile in Cork? I know there are shops specifically for iphones but not sure about other models.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Repairit.ie

Based in Douglas and really good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Got quoted 155 euro for my HTC One screen there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Got quoted 155 euro for my HTC One screen there recently.

That sounds outrageous. I got two quotes, one for €80 and the other €85, still pricey enough IMO...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

angeline wrote: »
    That sounds outrageous. I got two quotes, one for €80 and the other €85, still pricey enough IMO...

That sounds very cheap imo, It's over €200 to replace the screen on my Xperia Z.
    You've got a top tier phone with one of the best screens out there, If it was me I'd be making sure that where ever you go to get it fixed that they are using an original HTC One screen and not a spurious one.
    Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

About a year ago I broke the screen on my HTC Desire HD and after a few quotes in excess of €100 I decided to repair it myself. Picked up the replacement screen online for a fraction and it was an easy job to swap out the broken screen. However the HTC One is apparently extremely difficult to diy repair because of the way it is built. Gonna have to shell out to get it repaired properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

54kroc wrote: »
    That sounds very cheap imo, It's over €200 to replace the screen on my Xperia Z.
    You've got a top tier phone with one of the best screens out there, If it was me I'd be making sure that where ever you go to get it fixed that they are using an original HTC One screen and not a spurious one.
    Just my two cents.

+1 80-85 euro is getting you a knock-off panel. 200 isn't actually that bad. These are extremely expensive items to replace especially for HTC. They're also relatively rare and incredibly hard to source.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

I'll be more careful with my phone in future! I don't know how many times it fell and to be fair it never broke.

Advertisement