Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Hotdogs ?

Options
  • 09-08-2013 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to get real hotdogs of 97% pork instead of the 77% horrible ones mixed with all kinds of rubbish ?

I saw a packet of hotdogs in lidl made in germany at 87% pork so i would assume they are not bad but is it actually possible to get full pork hotdogs of a higher percentage as the frankfurters we get in Ireland are very bad and are mixed with (I won't say).

I'm just wondering is it possible to get a real german hotdog of high quality and where would you get them ?. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Nathans are beautiful Ive only ever had them in new York, it would be super if they could be sourced here?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Nathans are beef hot dogs.
    zenno wrote: »
    Is it possible to get real hotdogs of 97% pork
    have you ever seen ones with this high a content anywhere?

I would have thought they would all be lower than that. You will find ones saying 100% pork but this refers to the meat, it could be 1% meat 100% of which is pork. Its like those misleading bulmers pear ads, "made with 100% pear juice", really meaning the only fruit juice in it is a tiny dash of pear juice, the rest is water, sugar, dyes, acid etc.

Its like these really high % pork sausages, they are no longer sausages in my mind, they are minced pork in skins, for me a pork sausage has got to have a reasonable amount of additional filler material.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

But they are Damn Tasty:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

M&S have "Posh Hot Dogs", they're not what you're looking for but I'd highly recommend them, I cooked them up a couple of weekends ago in the oven and they went down a treat, very filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

54kroc wrote: »
    M&S have "Posh Hot Dogs",
    I thought you were messing with that name, the URL is "posh dogs" -would have been even better!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Posh-Dogs/dp/B00C10GDL2
    Ingredients: Outdoor bred pork (65%), smoked outdoor bred pork (20%) water, gluten free crumb, sea salt, potato starch, white pepper, nutmeg, mace, emulsifier(E451), sage, preservative E223, smoke flavouring, antioxidant E301. Gluten free crumb contains rice flour, chickpea flour, maize starch, salt, dextrose. Sausages filled into natural pork casings
    So 85% pork, so not bad at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

rubadub wrote: »
    I thought you were messing with that name, the URL is "posh dogs" -would have been even better!

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks-and-Spencer-Posh-Dogs/dp/B00C10GDL2

So 85% pork, so not bad at all.

They're like them, the ones I got had six in the pack, sounds scabby but you'd be unlikely to eat more than one in a bun.

Advertisement