Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing patio slabs

• 09-08-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking to pave a large area - 140sqm - and trying to get prices on different paving options. I have a quote of €20 per sqm for concrete coloured slabs, and €25 for limestone (though this isn't a 'quantity' quote, just book price, so I'd hope there's some room for that to come down).

Anyone have a sense for what is a good price for concrete slabs? Limestone versus sandstone? None of these will be driven on, so I'm open. It's a big area, and I really don't want to screw it up for the want of a couple of hundred quid.

Also, I'm planning to put them down on a dry sand / light concrete mix, and dry point them all. Am happy for small bits of greenery to grow up in the cracks, it will suit our garden (the area has several high raised beds planted with shrubs). Anyone thing this is a stupid thing to do?!

Thanks!

Anthony.

Advertisement