Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRP and TRV visa,s[PLEASE HELP]

Options
  • 09-08-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi all,i am looking to head to canada.i am 32 years of age and a qualified plumber here in ireland,I was convicted for drink driving in 2008 and there is no point in applying for a IEC visa as my conviction is stated on my garda cert.I was just wondering what is the difference between a TRP and a TRV visa,I am just a bit confused about what are my options are to get to canada,with a TRV visa how long can one stay in canada and is it possible to get a work permit with this visa?But as for a TRP visa i havent a clue.Any information or help would be much appreciated.Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/permits.asp

A TRP is issued when you are deemed inadmissable for residency or a work permit, due to sone factor (i.e. a prior minor conviction).
    A TRV is a visa for someone to enter canada as a visitor from a visa-exempt country (i.e. not Ireland) If you are Irish there is no need to get a TRV.

For a TRP, i don't think its a straight apply and you get it...the issuing of them are entirely at immigrations discretion and done on a case-by-case basis. you would probably need letters of reference, interviews, etc while applying.

Advertisement