Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Michelle Veintimilla is joining the cast as Bridgit Pike AKA Firefly

http://tvline.com/2015/08/17/gotham-firefly-season-2-michelle-veintimilla/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

My worry here is that we're gonna have a 16/17 year old Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My worry here is that we're gonna have a 16/17 year old Batman.

indeed - they have said, i think, that The Joker won't appear until after Batman, as he is partly a creation of Batman. That looks very very close to being the joker... already and Bruce is a million miles off being Batman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sneak peeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anything with Barbara is just cringe now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Darkslide

Just finished season one. Surprised how much I enjoyed it. Was stuck for something so through it on one night.

I was hoping season 2 would pick up a few years later and each season would continue to do so, so we could see a good Batman in the final season or two maybe.

Obvious that Jerome guy was the Joker the second he 'turned' in the interview room. Thought he was really good. Love seeing the characters before they became their alter ego's. I like Nygma too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I can see a young Bruce donning the cowl and having the ****e beaten out of himself, it's probably what makes him go east to get trained by the league of shadows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

The first episode of season two has leaked :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

adaminho wrote:
    The first episode of season two has leaked

Shocking I wonder where I could find it online. (So I can report it I promise not too look at it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not really leaked. It became available to PS Plus subscribers a week early. Still have to watch yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'm stupefied, the first episode was actually quite good. The arkham element was interesting and the new bad guy is at least better than Fish. I wish young Bruce Wayne would just disappear for a few years but i'm cautiously optimistic about this season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Much darker this year which is a good sign

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

yep much darker and a very strong first episode.

I share the concern about Young Bruce and him potentially becoming bat boy too early but I'd assume they have something in mind for that perhaps along of what was suggested on here about him donning the cape too early getting his as s handed to him and then him disappearing off east to train for a season. I think he will have a lot of filler this season anyway, for example this whole episode he was dealing with a door and we never even got the reveal of what his Dad was doing down there. I'd presume from what was said though that it was tied into investigating his own company and that's where Bruce's focus will stay for the time being (a total side story from Gordon's and the shows main arch)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Season 2 starts tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Great start to this season and best of all NO FISH!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I think out off the season openers by various shows Gothams has to be the strongest. Shaping up for a great season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That was a great opener. Looks like Gordon is not taking the happyness path and Bruce is still deciding.

Loved Bruce basically saying "man up and swallow your pride"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Solid opener, Barbara wasn't even annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Second day in a row of a show using Perfect Day to open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

duridian wrote: »
    Great start to this season and best of all NO FISH!

It's only a matter of time before Barbara becomes as annoying as her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I thought Fish was a great character and I never got the hate for her at all.

I'll actually miss her a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just seen that Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin are a couple and expecting a baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

That was a brilliant episode

Really starting to push on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That was an absolutely fantastic episode of television.

Jerome if he is the Joker may become the best version to him to be put on film.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just seen that Ben McKenzie and Morena Baccarin are a couple and expecting a baby
    No wonder they have such good on screen chemistry.
    Jerome if he is the Joker may become the best version to him to be put on film.

JEROME VALESKA .... kills his own mother for being (in his words) a nagging drunken whore.

Let's play Countdown meets Blankety Blank :D
    JOKER
    LEAVES MA

If this guy ain't him, then it's kind of hard to fathom where they are going with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Cousin, brother, uncle maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

cracking episode. Quite a memorable killing spree at the start and even though the maniacs were a bit annoying the episode ended very well. The Joker kid (or who ever he ends up being) and Barbara are great this season. Morena Baccarin seems wasted in he role.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

So if you gave up mid way last year could you jump in again at this seasons opener?

youngblood wrote: »
    So if you gave up mid way last year could you jump in again at this seasons opener?

You'd be missing a lot, wondering how the characters have got to the position they are in such as Penguin and Barbara.

It's definitely worth giving another shot but I'd watch the rest of season 1 personally.

Great episode and surprisingly emotional. I find Jerome a little on the nose with the Jokerisms but can't deny he's entertaining. Loving the bigger focus on the dark setting while toning down the camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

What channel is it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I don't think season 2 is on any channel here yet.

huey1975 wrote: »
    What channel is it on?

Fox (US)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,733 ✭✭✭squonk

Big step up in quality so far for Season 2. This week's episode set the tone I was expecting the show to have early last season. It not feels like a Batman show and, even better, you can now begin to see why Batman is necessary in Gotham.

Jerome is great. I'm assuming he's the Joker but who knows. The show has become a lot darker and it's all the better for it IMHO. Great to see it's finally becoming the show I wanted all along. If they continue like this I might even forget about Season 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cameron Monaghan is excellent as Joker Jerome

It's a pity that Barbara didn't say "By the way, I'm pregnant" to a semi conscious Jim

Why on earth was Lucius so interested in that RAM?? Just throw it away, Bruce is a billionaire and can afford a stick or two.
    And soldering iron was not for it, I hope. In fact screw it all and just save the storage media

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

youngblood wrote: »

Pick up where you left off, it gets real good towards the latter half of S1 and S2 picks up from where S1 left off....a bit of a 'cliffhangery'/'oh my good jaysus' type moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Just seen the first two episodes. It was so good joker steals the show a great add to the show

My only issue with Jerome, if he is the Joker, would be that he's basically full fledged the character minus the make up. At this stage I would have preferred a more subtle portrayal with room for full on madness down the line. But I guess as they're doing that slow descent into madness with Nigma they needed something different with Jerome.

I'll spoiler this but I saw a theory that
    Barbara might turn out
    be the Joker.

When she kissed Jim and then looked up with a bloody Joker smile from Jim's blood was hinting at her being the Joker

It would be a huge twist on the Joker

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

I do think the young lad has to be the Joker. As somebody said he's too on the nose to be anybody else. At times he's channelling Heath Ledger, with diversions via Nicholson and Mark Hamill. I've decided to just go with it and just enjoy a damn good Joker performance.
    We even also had another Joker makeup foreshadowing with the blood around his mouth during the video.

2 solid back to back episodes, and its looking like more of a overarching storyline, which is pretty good, case of the week stuff is what dragged season 1 down,

was it me or did the shoot out seem odd, its looked like they gave the station a good going over, but the body count didnt seem that high, were the tranquilizer guns or what,

im surprised they killed essen, gonna be interesting to see who takes her place,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The police station shooting was definitely strange. They appeared to shoot everyone in the place and finished off anyone still moving. I got the impression that everyone was dead. Then after they leave the majority of the cops seem to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

It would be a huge twist on the Joker

I thought she might turn out to be Harley quinn was it mentioned if she appears this year or how? Is it gone too far for her now to pull it back to normal Barbara story?

not a hope will she be harley quinn, DC are shutting down any use of characters that are going into their film universe expansion, arrow had to
    kill off deadshot
    last season cause of it, any supporting characters on DCs slate of upcoming films probably wont appear in their tv shows, some of the main ones probably will,

i know theirs an upcoming flash film, DC have had issues allowing characters be used on tv, that they feel are to big for it, thats why we havent had a superman series in nearly 20 years, and had to settle for smallville, and we cant have a proper batman series so we have Gotham,

characters will be hinted at, and funny smiles thrown around, but probably never actually come straight out and say, this is the joker, this is harley quinn,

Well now was expecting that death so early in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well now was expecting that death so early in the season.

Yea I knew he wasn't the joker but thought he would of lasted most of the season

• Advertisement
Advertisement