Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Man this show has become awesomely dark. Indian Hill offers some interesting possibilities for the future.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Smith is the worst thing about Series 1. Terrible actor. Poorly cast and still managed to disappoint me with terminally low expectations...

They could easily bring her back but DollMaker her up that her face was too badly eaten by water creatures (I am not going there) and needed to be replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

Thought Smith was pretty good myself

smilerf wrote: »
    Thought Smith was pretty good myself

Hi Will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Is anyone able to tell me if season 2 will be on RTE? I've been watching it online but my parents prefer to watch it on TV and I can't find anything online about whether it'll be returning on RTE.

Is anyone able to tell me if season 2 will be on RTE? I've been watching it online but my parents prefer to watch it on TV and I can't find anything online about whether it'll be returning on RTE.
    I think it's being shown toward the end of January on rte2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭brian_t

brian_t wrote: »
    DigiGuide is showing this for RTÉ Two at 9:00pm on Monday 25th January
    Irish Premiere Dates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Just started watching this fantastic show. Seriously think it's one of the best things on TV. Only on Episode 8, but took a quick look ahead & spotted that season 2 was only 11 episodes. Did it get canned ?

Please - no spoilers. I'll be unsubscribing as soon as someone can answer me.

OU812 wrote: »
    Just started watching this fantastic show. Seriously think it's one of the best things on TV. Only on Episode 8, but took a quick look ahead & spotted that season 2 was only 11 episodes. Did it get canned ?

It's 22 episodes not 11
    Mid season break currently, returnung February 29th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OU812 wrote: »

No it's on a mid season break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Thanks guys. With that, I'm out until I'm caught up.

"I'll be back"..made me laugh.

Good episode. I liked the way it just focused on Gordon Freeze and penguin. Too many characters would have ruined it. Strange is an interesting character and it'll be interesting to see where they go with Butch too

Loving the collection of villains that Hugo Strange is collecting.

Gonna be an epic episode when they all break out!

What was the thing with the four fingers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Loving the collection of villains that Hugo Strange is collecting.

Gonna be an epic episode when they all break out!

What was the thing with the four fingers?

Clayface?

And the body in the first tank was Galavan right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

stankratz wrote: »

It surely was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

How did I not cop that? I turned to the person I was watching it with and said "I feel that is supposed to be a big reveal. I've no idea who it is!?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I've always got a
    Court of Owls
    vibe from Galavan.
    I don't remember the first half of this season so that may have been blatantly obvious.
    Been a bit disappointed with Mr.Freeze but I find most of the character origin stories a bit meh. Jonathan Crane's in the last season in particular was so bland whereas Edward Nigma's slow one is done so well imo

• Advertisement

bren2001 wrote: »
    How did I not cop that? I turned to the person I was watching it with and said "I feel that is supposed to be a big reveal. I've no idea who it is!?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A nice few dark knight returns nods in the last episode. Enjoyed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I thought that was an amazing episode. Everything was right about it. The evolution of Riddler is being brilliantly portrayed by Cory Michael Smith. He's got the spirit of Riddler down to a T. I even found myself interested in Bruces' story this week, and i'm looking forward to where it goes. Took me a minute to remember Strange had a plan for Penguin. Wonder where he's going with it!

Every episode of this show this season has been top notch. They nearly keep managing to top it each time. Bring on next week!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A nice few dark knight returns nods in the last episode. Enjoyed that.

I think I might have missed those, any guideance?

I found it very rushed and a bit meh to be honest. Bruce just throws everything away in a few days and gets the s**t kicked out of him, and did I hear Chariots of Fire during the fight? The Ed Nygma arc was extremely rushed, surely they could have slow burned that over a couple of episodes and brought back all the clues he had collected. Barbara just wakes up cause she hears the radio but is fine when he's in the room with her and then the Penguin goes from the asylum to homeless to son in a couple of minutes. Gordon goes from hero to under investigation to jailed to shunning the mother of his child in 1 episode as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wonder what Penguin's new creepy family has going on. Well I know his stepmom has got it going on.

Though now I'm thinking they're just a fake family set up by Strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Awesome seeing Pee Wee as Penguins dad. Took me quite a while to place him. Paul Reubens always reminds me of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka. Wonder what villians we will see in Blackgate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Awesome seeing Pee Wee as Penguins dad. Took me quite a while to place him. Paul Reubens always reminds me of Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka. Wonder what villians we will see in Blackgate.

I wondered if that was Peewee Herman

Clareman wrote: »
    I think I might have missed those, any guideance?

I found it very rushed and a bit meh to be honest. Bruce just throws everything away in a few days and gets the s**t kicked out of him, and did I hear Chariots of Fire during the fight? The Ed Nygma arc was extremely rushed, surely they could have slow burned that over a couple of episodes and brought back all the clues he had collected. Barbara just wakes up cause she hears the radio but is fine when he's in the room with her and then the Penguin goes from the asylum to homeless to son in a couple of minutes. Gordon goes from hero to under investigation to jailed to shunning the mother of his child in 1 episode as well.

I'll spoiler them just in case - and a couple could be me reaching....
    First - the gang Bruce and Alfred meet to find info on Matches is called 'The Mutants', which is the name of the gang in TDKR.

Alfred is suplexed, which brought to mind, for me, batman getting his back broken. I could be reaching on that.

Alfred, in the end, uses the big fellas size, lack of speed and energy to beat him - in the dark night returns batman beats the mutant leader by slowing him down and methodically using his size against him - similar imo, i'm taking that as a nod.

My mate reckons some of the speech pattern was a bit similar but I disagree on that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

lertsnim wrote: »
    I wondered if that was Peewee Herman

Yep that was him alright. The origin stories are very different for some of the bad guys so far. Some are very interesting. I do hope Falcone comes back into the fold.

Yep that was him alright. The origin stories are very different for some of the bad guys so far.

He also played Penguins Dad in Batman Returns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Stacker Pentecost

Just on episode 15 of season 2 now! Love this show! Lots of fun.

Anyone else spot Point Break's Lori Petty as Jeri!? :) Haven't seen her in anything in years!

Just on episode 15 of season 2 now! Love this show! Lots of fun.

Anyone else spot Point Break's Lori Petty as Jeri!? :) Haven't seen her in anything in years!

She was in Orange is the New Black recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Is the penguin story with the family part of a plot with the doctor? If not, it's all a bit bizarre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Shane St. wrote: »
    Is the penguin story with the family part of a plot with the doctor? If not, it's all a bit bizarre

Wouldn't say so judging by this week's episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

the Gordon storyline the last few episodes has gotten very strange.Not sure how they can redeem him in the eyes of the law now. I'm guessing Baccarin won't be back on the show any time soon having just had a kid.Without the Penguin I think the show would be lost, his storyline is great.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Season 2 seems to have completely dropped off RTE's radar for the moment alas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

the Gordon storyline the last few episodes has gotten very strange.Not sure how they can redeem him in the eyes of the law now. I'm guessing Baccarin won't be back on the show any time soon having just had a kid.Without the Penguin I think the show would be lost, his storyline is great.

Nevermind that, how can a guy who's been convicted of murder and then escapes prison become police commissioner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

He'll bust Nigma for it, and he'll get his redemption that way.

No Bruce this week, very little Nigma, no Dr. Strange since we heard his "plan" for Penguin. The problem the show has is it juggles a huge amount of plot lines and then it rushes one's like Nigma framing Gorden becuase they simply don't have the time.

steve_r wrote: »
    He'll bust Nigma for it, and he'll get his redemption that way.

Convicted by a jury of his peers, breaks out of prison to clear his name and then becomes commissioner, seems a stretch for me. But then again, it is a TV show I'm just overthinking it.

• Advertisement

i'm predicting Galavan will return, following his treatment by Strange and Nygma's involvment in the stitching up of Gordon will be revealed. That would solve the suspiscion and murder case agianst Gordon but not sure if that could excuse the priosn break.

Clareman wrote: »
    But then again, it is a TV show I'm just overthinking it.

Yes, yes you are

Was there a new episode this week?
    Can't seem to find one
    (dances around topic of how we watch....)

ERG89 wrote: »
    Can't seem to find one

No none this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭corkie

ERG89 wrote: »
    Can't seem to find one

Back next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Yer one playing Penguin's evil stepmom, Melinda Clarke. Remembered her straight away as Marissa's mom in The OC, which also starred Ben McKenzie (Detective Gordon) as Ryan and launched his acting career. Actually she was on course to be Ryan's evil stepmom in that show too. :pac: They probably won't get to play scenes together in this series but it must be nice for them to have a little reunion on set. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

And that latest episode was pretty dark, poor Gordon incarcerated and living the grim prison life, going through a monotonous groundhog-day routine, and then finding out that Lee has lost the baby. :( Not to mention the attacks and attempt on his life.

Was it not on this week either?

Why do they insist on rushing everything so quickly? FFS in 1 episode
    Bruce is back in the Manor, fighting with Cat, Gordon is proven innocent, Barbara is out, Ed is captured, Penguin finds out that his father was poisoned and he kills the 2 kids & mother, the penguin bit alone could have been a nice sub-plot for a few episodes

I agree that this week's episode was a bit sctter-gun. To much plot in one episode. I can not beleive that the Barbara character is still on the show- since the middle of season 1 they have messed up the character so badly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement