Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Ross and Rachel...Cory and Topanga...Penguin and The Riddler, TV's greatest love stories.
    smilerf wrote: »
    that was the mid season finale
    Probably be mid to late February when it's back
    Not really the proper midseason finale, as there's still 3 more episodes in the "Mad City"-subtitle arc (first 14 episodes of the third season).

January 16th: S3E12 - Ghosts
    January 23rd: S3E13 - TBA
    January 30th: S3E14 - TBA (end of "Mad City"-subtitle arc, won't return until late March/April for final 8 episodes of the season, with a new subtitle for those episodes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Starts back on Monday next the 16th for 3 weeks then breaks again for the guts of 3 months and will return Monday, April 24 at 8pm in the States for the last 8 episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Starts back on Monday next the 16th for 3 weeks then breaks again for the guts of 3 months and will return Monday, April 24 at 8pm in the States for the last 8 episodes.

FFS, I hate it when shows do this. Just wait to bring it back!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Same thing happening with Lucifer, back for three episodes and then not back until May 1 ,complete waste of time. 24 Legacy and a new show called APB will take over these time slots during the three months.

The new shows have a better chance at good ratings and getting renewed, doing it this way, than at the end of the Sep-May TV season. If they let Gotham and Lucifer run straight from now and finished in March/April, then launched the new shows, they would most likely get cancelled. Of course, the new shows could still have bad ratings in Feb/March and get cancelled anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The new shows have a better chance at good ratings and getting renewed, doing it this way, than at the end of the Sep-May TV season. If they let Gotham and Lucifer run straight from now and finished in March/April, then launched the new shows, they would most likely get cancelled. Of course, the new shows could still have bad ratings in Feb/March and get cancelled anyway.

Oh I agree about putting new shows on in between the season of other shows but I find it pointless bringing Gotham and Lucifer back just for 3 episodes and then taking 3 month break. They could have started the new shows at the start of January or late December and then air the second part of Lucifer and Gotham's seasons in March/April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

bren2001 wrote: »
    FFS, I hate it when shows do this. Just wait to bring it back!!!

Just watch it on RTE and then you don,t have to worry about that happening.

TV where shows are meant to be watched.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Ross and Rachel...Cory and Topanga...Penguin and The Riddler, TV's greatest love stories.

Not really the proper midseason finale, as there's still 3 more episodes in the "Mad City"-subtitle arc (first 14 episodes of the third season).

January 16th: S3E12 - Ghosts
    January 23rd: S3E13 - TBA
    January 30th: S3E14 - TBA (end of "Mad City"-subtitle arc, won't return until late March/April for final 8 episodes of the season, with a new subtitle for those episodes).

Ross and Rachel... Cory and Topanga...Penguin and The Riddler, TV's greatest love stories.

Whatever you say so yourself but the first four you mention would not be in my greatest anything thanks but no thanks.
    As for Penguin and Riddler they are great villains all right don,t know where your getting the love bit from.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Ross and Rachel... Cory and Topanga...Penguin and The Riddler, TV's greatest love stories.

Whatever you say so yourself but the first four you mention would not be in my greatest anything thanks but no thanks.
    Okay, switch it to George Michael and Maeby...Chris Griffin and Herbert The Pervert.
    AMKC wrote: »
    As for Penguin and Riddler they are great villains all right don,t know where your getting the love bit from.
    The fact that Penguin is in love with Nygma? What's black and white and green all over? A Penguin getting stuck in a Riddle.

• Advertisement

Another terrible episode I really don't know why I stick with this the only kind of saving grace was the ending but they will fcuk that up over the next two episodes no doubt.

Is Lee now going to become this seasons Barbara the way she switched sides so quickly.

I think when this arc ends in 2 weeks the 3 month break might be the final straw for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Why oh why do they insist on rushing everything in this show? Also, I really don't like the whole Jerome/Joker thing but that's because I want the Joker to have no backstory or history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

They really don't like killing any1 on this show eh? Expect Mario back next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Shane St. wrote: »
    They really don't like killing any1 on this show eh? Expect Mario back next week

Selina's mother was made to be offed I suspect.

Trivia for those interested in that kind of thing: Jerome's head goon in this episode, the morgue guy, was played by the same actor that played the Joker's goon abducted by Harvey in The Dark Knight.

Another terrible episode I really don't know why I stick with this the only kind of saving grace was the ending but they will fcuk that up over the next two episodes no doubt.

Is Lee now going to become this seasons Barbara the way she switched sides so quickly.

I think when this arc ends in 2 weeks the 3 month break might be the final straw for me.

Honestly Lee is understable. Everything Jim touches does turn to poison, Mario had no knife (to her) and she still has feelings for Jim.

Clareman wrote: »
    Why oh why do they insist on rushing everything in this show? Also, I really don't like the whole Jerome/Joker thing but that's because I want the Joker to have no backstory or history.

Except they've been giving him a back story since the killing joke. And under the red hood etc.

They should have stuck with the red hood origin from earluer in the series, although I doubt that they expected Jerome to be so popular

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭smilerf

I actually thought that episode was reasonably good.
    It is the first time I actually thought Chiklis was believable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

I actually thought that episode was reasonably good.
    It is the first time I actually thought Chiklis was believable

I thought that episode was alright as well.

Great episode this week

Great episode this week

Nice one, looking forward to watching it this evening

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought that was a very good episode this week, the whole face off thing was well done and I think I can live with this Joker

• Advertisement

It was very good indeed, with Bruce/Selina having a great scene.

Some nice pieces coming together, I'm liking the whole dynamic between Selina and Bruce and that story arc(s). The Pengiun/Nigma storyline is going a little bit too fast, did they have to kill all the bosses in 1 episode in about 30 seconds? There's 3 good storylines going at the same time and they are trucking along with them all to make sure they get them all out of the way quickly.

Makes you wonder if they're getting another season. I'd be happy with one more season and after that they can do as they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

The last two episodes of this have been brilliant. The Jerome character (and actor) brings a real menace to proceedings and for the first time, the show feels like it has some actual stakes.

While it also made sense to show Bruce can now look after himself in a fight, it also makes it feel like fully grown Batman would have no issue rounding up all the bad guys in the space of one episode.

Pity there's such a break until the next part of the season.

Jerome really does raise the stakes alright. Pretty twisted and memorable performance it must be said, hats off to Cameron Monaghan.

David Mazouz has also had an excellent string of episodes as Bruce.

The show seems to be moving at quite a speed now which makes me suspicious of the reasons. I'd say we'd of heard by now if it was up for the chop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I think the guy playing Jerome did a better job of conveying the inexplicable lunacy of his (presumed) Joker than most of the others down the years apart from Ledger.
    Certainly IMO streets ahead of the other recent depiction, Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad, though granted that movie overall was a mess anyway.

Very annoying that we have to wait nearly 3 months until late April for more progress. These mid term breaks in the US TV schedules can really mess up the momentum of a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

This is one show that would Benefit from less Episodes per season. The last episode with Jerome been an example of the standard it should be trying to maintain , Enjoyed his performance made the episode for me but across 20+ eps a season 30-40% are just fillers and take from the over all standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

duridian wrote: »
    I think the guy playing Jerome did a better job of conveying the inexplicable lunacy of his (presumed) Joker than most of the others down the years apart from Ledger.
    Certainly IMO streets ahead of the other recent depiction, Leto's Joker in Suicide Squad, though granted that movie overall was a mess anyway.

Very annoying that we have to wait nearly 3 months until late April for more progress. These mid term breaks in the US TV schedules can really mess up the momentum of a show.

Agreed - though he is copying bits of Ledger's/Hamill's protrays. Not complaining though!

I think this show shines where they cast talented randomers to the big roles - I really like how Penguin, Joker, and to a lesser extent Nigma have been protrayed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Enter the Dragon vibes at the end there with the joker and bruce

Very enjoyable last episode before the break.

• Advertisement

I thought it was a very good last episode and I actually enjoyed the whole Joker storyline, the writers did a great job with this whole episode, especially with the fairground setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Breaking the statue seemed pointless. Expected to see them clean up and notice something about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Breaking the statue seemed pointless. Expected to see them clean up and notice something about it

We have not seen them clean it up. Could very well happen.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Makes you wonder if they're getting another season. I'd be happy with one more season and after that they can do as they wish.
    The show is in its third full season, it is absolutely getting a fourth season, guaranteed, because of syndication.

The show is in its third full season, it is absolutely getting a fourth season, guaranteed, because of syndication.
    Same thing was said about Hannibal too with it's syndication. I hope your right

Same thing was said about Hannibal too with it's syndication. I hope your right
    Three FULL seasons of 22 episodes, means a fourth season is guaranteed. So, 66 episodes after three seasons, going into a fourth. Hannibal had only 39 episodes after three seasons (13 episodes a season), that fact, plus its terrible ratings, made it unsuitable for syndication.

marvin80 wrote: »
    Very enjoyable last episode before the break.

Not back till the 24 April. Too long of a break IMO.

Not back till the 24 April. Too long of a break IMO.
    Its even a longer wait for Lucifer its ridiculous. I'm not sure why they do it. I'd imagine they might lose viewers

With 66 episodes and the big push DC are doing on their universe I'd be amazed if this wasn't renewed for a forth season.

• Advertisement

It will get 5 seasons at a minimum.

It will get 5 seasons at a minimum.

I'd hope that the writers are planning an overall arc for 5 seasons and anything after that will be planned out. I would have thought it wasn't that expensive to make but it appears to be very expensive http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-10-most-expensive-tv-shows-of-2015.html/?a=viewall

Alexander Siddig cast as a major character
    Ra's Al Ghul

Alexander Siddig cast as a major character
    Ra's Al Ghul

Far better bit of casting that the previous recent iterations

He'll always be Dr. Bashir to me

Far better bit of casting that the previous recent iterations
    Very good actor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Season 3 starts late Sunday night on RTE 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Season 3 starts late Sunday night on RTE 2

That's good news. What time does it start?

EDIT: I have the time actually! It starts on Sunday at 1:30am. Good christ almighty. :eek:

Channel 5 should have this on a much earlier schedule than compared to RTÉ2. It has been ages since Channel 5 made any announcement for it.

Do RTÉ have any repeat times for Season 3 after it premieres on Sunday?

Something very familiar about that ending with Selina...

Ms

Raging. I love Gotham and missed the first few episodes of season 3. Only copped that it was on last night and seen that episode. So if anyone wants to post what has happened up to then that would be great. Where did the Mad Hater come from? Who was his sister. When did she die? Who does Penguin love? What happened all the mad monsters from the Asylum?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Watching on RTE? Maybe they're on RTE Player?

• Advertisement
Advertisement