Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gotham (Fox) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Where did Montoya and Allen go? Victoria Cartagena and Andrew Stewart-Jones are still credited as starring alongside the rest of the main cast at the beginning of every single episode, but they've only appearead in a handful and I don't recall seeing them since before christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Where did Montoya and Allen go? Victoria Cartagena and Andrew Stewart-Jones are still credited as starring alongside the rest of the main cast at the beginning of every single episode, but they've only appearead in a handful and I don't recall seeing them since before christmas.

They are really good at being undercover, one of them was the pig in the Fox Club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭squonk

I think the show is finding it's feet at this stage. I really liked that episode. Nigma killing the cop and covering up the fallout was great. The 50 Shades Of Grey/Serial Killer thing with Barbara reminded me of American Psycho and the club with whatever _that_ act was was excellent!

Penguin upsetting the Mob apple cart was great too. Infact, Bruce's story was pretty compelling this week as well. It really benefits from no more Fish.

This is much more of the sort of thing I'd expect from Gotham City!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Jasus what's the story with Barbara ? Is she gone bat **** crazy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,860 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah Barbara looks like a fruit cake. My one criticism of that whole situation was the transition from independant woman to Patti Hurst was a bit quick. Having said that the scene with her parents was very disturbing as was the aftermath.

That's why I realy think they're starting to hit their stride. There's a darkness in the show now coupled with a bat-shít craziness that really has the show starting to feel like Gotham and the sort of place where a vigilante dressed as a bat armed with serious fighting skill and neat toys hardly seems out of place. I'm not a comic reader but that sort of troubled dark side of Bruce Wayne was always interesting, as was Gotham which was a wacky, depraved place. I really want more of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

They really have nailed the Riddler and Penguin, enjoying their back stories so much at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Thought the finale was great, very enjoyable watch! The Gordon shootout scene in the hospital was perfectly unrealistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Great finale, show has really found it's feet after a very poor start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was a good finale ,the ending with Bruce was spoiled in some of the promos though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Enjoyed the season as a whole. I have to disagree about it being a good finale. Thought the shootout scenes were a bit daft and unrealistic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The final scene with Bruce and Alfred staring down into the Batcave very much reminded me of Lost with the Hatch scene in LOST with
    Jack and Locke staring down into it for the first time as the season 1 finale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 208 ✭✭Stillhouette

That was an enjoyable finale. What could have made it better would have been if there was less of that Barbara story. I really couldn't care less about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Really up and down finale for me. The Riddler evolution is probably the highlight of the show. hopefully we see more of him next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,007 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman and Alfred are the highlights for me in another wise average season.

I'd be hopeful the writers will have learned lessons from this season but along with Arrow and The Flash I wonder how ham strung they are going to be by the films going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Where did Butch shoot Penguin? He looked okay when he was standing on that wall.

The 4 guys didn't seem too secure. All they had to do was lift the ropes off the hooks and they were free.

I enjoyed how this season basically moved Penguin and, to a point, Nygma into their established roles. And the secret cave. Thought there was going to be a clock there. Didn't like Selina's role though.

And guess James Jr. inherited the crazy gene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Where did Butch shoot Penguin? He looked okay when he was standing on that wall.

The 4 guys didn't seem too secure. All they had to do was lift the ropes off the hooks and they were free.

I enjoyed how this season basically moved Penguin and, to a point, Nygma into their established roles. And the secret cave. Thought there was going to be a clock there. Didn't like Selina's role though.

And guess James Jr. inherited the crazy gene

Thought that myself but sure where were they going to run with a load of guns pointed squarely at them, so it didn't really matter that they weren't tied up securely.

Decent finale that basically summed up the best and worst parts of the show. On the one hand you have truly brilliant moments such as Maroni's fate, Nygma's meltdown and the very last scene, on the other you have McKenzie still struggling with bad dialogue and, well, just simply Barbara. I just don't think the actress had what was necessary to carry Barbara's part in the finale.

At the very least they've moved some very interesting pieces into place. I think a time jump would serve the story well at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Anyone else bummed when Bruce and Alfred discovered the secret room and Alan Sugar wasn't down there pointing up at them?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anyone else bummed when Bruce and Alfred discovered the secret room and Alan Sugar wasn't down there pointing up at them?

That was the first thing I thought of when I heard the music. Maybe season 2 has young Bruce as a contestant on the UK Apprentice.

• Advertisement

Morena Baccarin is made series regular for season 2.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Cameron Monaghan was exceptional!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought this show started off brilliantly, but after a few episodes, it lost its way a bit. I found I had to force my way though a few of the weeks.
    But it really picked up in the last 2 or 3 episodes, in fact, they were f*cking great.

GOTHAM: NICHOLAS D'AGOSTO MADE SERIES REGULAR FOR SEASON 2

GOTHAM: SEASON 2 CASTING TWO MORE DC VILLAINS
    According to TVLine, the pair of baddies will include a "male DC Villain" who is not only "intelligent, cultured and highly articulate," but also “extremely attractive, both seductive and threatening." Meanwhile the other villain is a female in her mid-to-late 20s who's described as being "a sexy knock-out."

I would have said Ras Al Ghul but that's a non runner given Arrow. Maybe it's a court of owls inspired storyline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭human 19

Is anybody getting the Box-set yearnings yet?
    I assume that by christmas, I will want to watch it all again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

human 19 wrote: »
    Is anybody getting the Box-set yearnings yet?
    I assume that by christmas, I will want to watch it all again.
    well season 2 starts in september, so i think you might be busy watching that,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jessica Lucas cast as Tabitha Galavan aka Tigress

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jessica Lucas cast as Tabitha Galavan aka Tigress

And James Frain is playing her brother
    http://tvline.com/2015/06/24/gotham-james-frain-theo-galavan-season-2-cast/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Excellent highly underrated actor imo

• Advertisement

cast interview with tvline, i actually forgot one or two important things that happened :o

and the cast panel from comic con

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Quick question, is it worth sticking with? I have about half the series still to watch and not sure if I want to stick with it. Does it improve like Agents of Shield? It's a real let down so far, very poor.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

s.welstead wrote: »
    Quick question, is it worth sticking with? I have about half the series still to watch and not sure if I want to stick with it. Does it improve like Agents of Shield? It's a real let down so far, very poor.

Yes, it gets much better after the dip that it takes midway through S1

Michael Chiklis joins the cast as a series regular

Michael Chiklis joins the cast as a series regular

I posted about this already this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Season 2 teaser

bat Cave

• Advertisement

Drew Powell's Butch promoted to series regular.

Season 1 will will be added to Netflix Ireland on Sunday.

poster for the upcoming season, titled rise of the villains, from what i understand their moving onto a new story format, hopefully it'll make the season move along at a better pace, season 1 was constantly up and down,

gotham2.jpg?w=550&h=814

unfortunately i see Barbara there, no fish though so thank god for some small miracles,

Even their promotional pieces have the air of cheese and cringe about them.

"Rise of the Villains."

I was hoping we'd be seeing the back of that kind of on the nose crap. :o

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Even their promotional pieces have the air of cheese and cringe about them.

"Rise of the Villains."

I was hoping we'd be seeing the back of that kind of on the nose crap. :o
    well the show itself is supposed to be a decent into anarchy, so villains will have to rise, and turn the city to ****, so that little bruce wayne can grow up and become batman, and then clean it up,

so each season things have to get worse and worse,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Who's the sexy one with the whip ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I kind of like Barbara. I presume that the writers still want her to be the mother of Barbara Gordon but they really don't know what storyline to give her.

ricero wrote: »
    Who's the sexy one with the whip ?

Jessica Lucas who is playing Tigress

don ramo wrote: »
    well the show itself is supposed to be a decent into anarchy, so villains will have to rise, and turn the city to ****, so that little bruce wayne can grow up and become batman, and then clean it up,

so each season things have to get worse and worse,

Ah I understand that, and I'm looking forward to it.

I just find the tagline a bit on the nose and without subtlety.

• Advertisement

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Ah I understand that, and I'm looking forward to it.

I just find the tagline a bit on the nose and without subtlety.
    yeah it is pure cheese, probably done as an nod to batmans old campiness, never know we might see a few POWs and WOWs this season :D:D

Advertisement