Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow Half Marathon

Options
  • 09-08-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Anybody here running the half marathon on sept 1st?

Tempted to do it and wondering if anybody fancies a slow slow slow partner???

Even if ya dont want a partner post up would be interested to see the numbers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I've signed up for it and will be doing as part of my training for Dublin marathon, I'll be running it around 6-7 min per km..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

tommycahir wrote: »
    I've signed up for it and will be doing as part of my training for Dublin marathon, I'll be running it around 6-7 min per km..

So thats about 2 hours right? Bit out of my league just back 3-4 weeks and did the dub half on monday was 2.30.........fairly disapointed but it is a starting point. Sure give me a wave as you shoot by but all jokes aside best of luck tommy

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I was considering it myself , not sure though, I'm going to do the Great North Run in Newcastle 2 weeks after it so I would be bulling if I got injured pushing myself 2 weeks before in the Carlow 1/2.

I'll have a think about it, what time were you hoping to do? if it is your first 2:30 was a decent time, don't be too hard on yourself.

@Tommy, I think I've seen you around Ballon on your runs. Good luck with Dublin.

I was considering it myself , not sure though, I'm going to do the Great North Run in Newcastle 2 weeks after it so I would be bulling if I got injured pushing myself 2 weeks before in the Carlow 1/2.

I'll have a think about it, what time were you hoping to do? if it is your first 2:30 was a decent time, don't be too hard on yourself.

@Tommy, I think I've seen you around Ballon on your runs. Good luck with Dublin.

Thanks The great north is meant to be a lovely run, best of luck in it!
    I have only run in the village once last Monday but will be doing it more as the hills into and out of it make it great for the legs! I generally tend to come onto the main N80 from carlow precast and then across over to fighting cocks and back to o tooles before taking the cover of the side roads around there again ;)

@racso1975 2:30 is a pretty decent time for a 1st half especially if you were only running for a short while before it, the experience on the race day from Dub half will stand to you though if you enter the carlow half.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 buttercupno5

Where does it kick off from? It'd be my first half marathon! I'd like to think I'd be able for it but I'm not sure I only ever jog in oak park and up Browneshill.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I'm out just got tickets to Dub v Kerry that day. But best of luck to all involved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 buttercupno5

Thanks ill check it out

Thanks ill check it out

I have emailed them looking for a more detailed map though as it is hard to read that OSI version and I have looked ot know if they have an elevation profile for the course as I would for example much prefer to run down the hill into Bagnelstown than up it ;)

If I get a response I will post it up here aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'd do it but Electric Picnic being on is a bit of a clash :D

• Advertisement

No word back on any route profile but they have posted the below on their facebook event page
    Leighlin Parish Sports Development

Ok everyone all systems go & looks like we are gonnahave a good turnout. We have a 5km run around Leighlinbridge Village. Our Mini Carlow Marathon Superbowl goes from Superbowl Leighlinbridge past Leighlinbridge Gfc in Ballinaboley to Harrow Cross turning left and proceeding to Powerstown & coming back from Powerstown to finish back in the Superbowl.

The Half Marathon leaves the rear of the Superbowl turns left to Arboretum and proceeds left onto main road to Royal Oak and into Bagenalstown turning down along the quays on the River Barrow. At this point you turn right to head out past McGrath Park Sports Grounds and head to Harrow Cross & onto Powerstown before turn for home in the Superbowl Leighlinbridge Commiunity. Best of luck to all runners & looking forward to Sunday. C u all there. PS bring the kids along for kids fun day in Superbowl.

Ran this today and was impressed with the route pretty flat until you took turn for powerstown then was pretty undulating... Overall I was impressed with the marshalling (loads of them),the technical top (even if it said marathon instead of half-marathon) and general organisation of it all..
    Should make for a good event in next few years if they stick with it..

Anybody else here run the half?

Advertisement