Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paint code

• 09-08-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Got a we 1911 smithson armory edition and it's got some chips on it. Is there anyway to identify the paint code so I can touch it up
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

jamesd2013 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Got a we 1911 smithson armory edition and it's got some chips on it. Is there anyway to identify the paint code so I can touch it up
    Thanks

I honestly do not know if WE even use colour codes but drop em an email, second option is to get a colour card with different shades and but the closest match. I used a black tint for my WE 1911 but I honestly gave up painting it every time it chipped, the worn look anyways is pretty cool all the same, it grows on you, now all my aegs, pistols have a worn look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭jamesd2013

It's kinda a gun metal blue and I love it but the white chips are driving me mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

jamesd2013 wrote: »
    It's kinda a gun metal blue and I love it but the white chips are driving me mad

Balls, that would be a difficult colour to source, I would think anyways, I'd say email WE for start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

http://www.vinnybyrne.com/

They can match the colour from a sample / chip. I've used them lots of times in work to make touch-up aerosols for equipment we sell.

Not sure of the price, I can try and find out but at the least worth a phone call.

edit: about €20 for a spray can from their site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Your other option is a little more labour intensive, but easier to ensure lasting quality - strip off all of the paint, and repaint it with a couple of coats, and clear coat it. You can be sure it will last longer, but it does take much more work so I'd only bother if it really annoyed you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭jamesd2013

Inari wrote: »
    Your other option is a little more labour intensive, but easier to ensure lasting quality - strip off all of the paint, and repaint it with a couple of coats, and clear coat it. You can be sure it will last longer, but it does take much more work so I'd only bother if it really annoyed you.
    NOt annoying me that much i think :) just thought i'd be able to go to a model shop or such and get a tiny tin to do a touch up if i had a code.

Advertisement