Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LEAVING CERT RESULTS-Who has access?

• 09-08-2013 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I will be getting my Leaving Cert Results next week and I was just curious does your school/teachers have access to your results or is it just yourself who recieves them?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭MWick94

TiffanyBox wrote: »
    I will be getting my Leaving Cert Results next week and I was just curious does your school/teachers have access to your results or is it just yourself who recieves them?

Cheers!

I know in my school the principal and vice principal see the results before we do, because they put them in our envelopes etc. It might be different in other schools, but I think your principal/ teachers could see them before you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

TiffanyBox wrote: »

Cheers!

Your teachers will get a sheet of results of all their class by exam number for example, 103278 B1 etc.. so they won't know who is who as they don't know your exam number. It varies with schools but usually when the principal/whoever sorts results gets them they will match names to exam numbers and put them in envelopes with your name so they will know your result :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Whoever is the exam secretary puts them in the envelopes. They aren't supposed to scan everybody's individual results in detail but they will take a look to make sure everything is in order.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Whatever senior teachers are in the school early that day put them in the envelopes in our school.
    A teacher might 'see' the results at that stage but very little notice is paid until the master sheet (without names) goes around. There isn't time to be looking at individual results.

Just as an aside, which I add every year - there will be a second sheet in with your results. It is the one for applying to view papers. It will have the subjects you sat and the level on it, so you could pull out a sheet that says English A, Irish A, Maths A etc. and think you did really well, when it is not the results sheet.
    The results sheet is the one with the harp on it, that looks like this:
    qHvXX.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

spurious wrote: »
    Whatever senior teachers are in the school early that day put them in the envelopes in our school.
    A teacher might 'see' the results at that stage but very little notice is paid until the master sheet (without names) goes around. There isn't time to be looking at individual results.

Just as an aside, which I add every year - there will be a second sheet in with your results. It is the one for applying to view papers. It will have the subjects you sat and the level on it, so you could pull out a sheet that says English A, Irish A, Maths A etc. and think you did really well, when it is not the results sheet.
    The results sheet is the one with the harp on it, that looks like this:
    qHvXX.jpg
    Do teachers know who got what in their classes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do teachers know who got what in their classes?

The exam centres are often done by classes, so they would know, say, there were fifteen Cs, ten Bs and five As in the class they had, but they would have to go cross checking exam numbers to find out who is who. Mind you, any decent teacher will have a fair idea how people are going to do anyway.

I'm sure there are people who probably go through every student's results and certainly, the school management should take an interest, if, for example an entire class made a mess of an exam, but generally teachers look at their own subject and then maybe have a look at some individuals, for example, someone who maybe missed a lot of time through illness, just to see how they went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I find this so daunting, our secretary is my friend's mother and I will be the first name if it goes by class.

Advertisement