Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding a Payee

Options
  • 09-08-2013 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,  I want to do an international money transfer and was wondering if its possible to add a payee in a Bank of Ireland branch or do I have to wait for the security code to arrive by post before I can add a payee via online banking?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Gera9992

In order to register a payee and make a payment, you have to have a 7 digit activation code sent to you. 

You can have it posted to you if you have not yet had your mobile phone set up to receive codes. You can find out more about setting up your mobile phone to receive codes here 

Once you have received and activated the code for your payee, you can make your first payment. 

Thanks for posting.

Paula H

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

if I make the money transfer in a BoI branch, will I still have to wait for the code to be delivered to me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula H

Hi Gear9992

You dont need an activation code for doing a transfer at the branch but the amount for transfer must be over e3,000. 

Thanks for posting. 

Paula H

Advertisement