Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Let Question

Options
  • 09-08-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hello, i am currently looking for a house let in dublin. My question is if me and my friend found a house we liked that was for example 3-4 bedroom and we wanted to move in straight away and look for extra people to fill the remaining spots while we lived there.Would this be acceptable to the estate agents/landlords or is it something that they would reject out of hand.

if this happened, we would only agree to pay our share of rent until other tenants were found so that is why i am asking the question. Is this something that they would consider or would it be pointless enquiring.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

They might agree to allow others to move in after you, but you will be paying the full rent until they do. Unless its specified as rent a room there is no such thing as your share; the entire amount is due regardless of how you divide it up between you.

Its quite possible they won't allow subletting but you wont know unless you ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bellay

djimi wrote: »
    They might agree to allow others to move in after you, but you will be paying the full rent until they do. Unless its specified as rent a room there is no such thing as your share; the entire amount is due regardless of how you divide it up between you.

Its quite possible they won't allow subletting but you wont know unless you ask.

Thanks djimi, i kinda figured as much but just wanted to get it confirmed.

Advertisement