Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTaste V3 VV VW

Options
  • 09-08-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/331-itaste-vv-v30.html

Has anyone gotten one of these yet.

I need new batteries and I don't want to get Egos again because:

You need a seperate charger.
    You have no idea when the battery is about to run out.
    The voltage dial on the twists is a pain in the bum.
    I've had to repair them more than once as my T2 got a little tight on the top and the button piece screwed out with it.

These itastes have variable voltage AND variable wattage, along with an LCD screen and they can charge by mini-USB!

They can also work with pass-through and have a built in ohm-meter! No more fiddling with my multi-meter!

They seem awesome, has anyone tried one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nope, but if I was starting out again I'd get one instead of an ego along with a bunchof iClear 16s and spare coils.

I have a bunch of ego batt's and none of them last very long, I like the twist, but as I mostly use VW now on my Vamo, I'd prefer that option on a slim device too. I might actually get one to have for out and about vaping in place of the twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Since I need two batteries, I think I'm going to get one of these for at home, then a standard ego 650mah for out and about. I got a lend of a battery and I know it's about to run out of charge, a pass through feature would be a blessing.

Here's a review on the iTaste V3 for anyone who's interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XRTr8D4MlM

Just ordered one here too. I don't have any pass-through device. Will be handy when sat at the laptop for hours, as I often am.

Grimm loves it too btw;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtYG1UkUSV4

Just ordered one here too. I don't have any pass-through device. Will be handy when sat at the laptop for hours, as I often am.

Grimm loves it too btw;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtYG1UkUSV4

I've a ton of stuff to buy so it'll be two weeks before I get mine, will you let me know how you find it?

Will do ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Will do ;)

Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I got one from fasttech about a month ago, great device. It's a small bit bigger than a 650 twist, but it's 800mah and has the vw wizardry...

Only downside for me is the button is only a three click on\off. It's seems to be turning on in my pocket constantly, never happens me with egos...

Have to add, them iclear 16's are the best clearos I've tried bar none. Not a dry hit in the house...

Gryzor wrote: »
    I got one from fasttech about a month ago, great device. It's a small bit bigger than a 650 twist, but it's 800mah and has the vw wizardry...

Only downside for me is the button is only a three click on\off. It's seems to be turning on in my pocket constantly, never happens me with egos...

Have to add, them iclear 16's are the best clearos I've tried bar none. Not a dry hit in the house...

If you just want the battery, fasttech don't have anything that will beat vaperus price of 29 euro do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Not sure, just linked to it for reference...Price on vaperus is good, was surprised when I saw it..

Fasttech kit is more inline with the e-smoke one..

Any news?

Only just got it today, stuck an iClear 16 filled with some refresher juice on it and it's working nicely, as expected. It's the first 'square' barrel batt I've had, and it's surprising the difference. Don't have to worry about it rolling away when I leave it down :D It feels nice in hand. Got it attached to the usb atm, pass through works with no issues.

Since I always use VW, for me personally, it's nicer, and better than the ego twist. You pay double, but you're getting that option, the LCD info and pass through on top. I think it's worth it.

I got the €29 option on Vaperus. I already have plenty of clearo's to go with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Just ordered one there on Vaperus.

Looking forward to trying it out!

I want one, why is there always so much month left at the end of the wages.

Only just got it today, stuck an iClear 16 filled with some refresher juice on it and it's working nicely, as expected. It's the first 'square' barrel batt I've had, and it's surprising the difference. Don't have to worry about it rolling away when I leave it down :D It feels nice in hand. Got it attached to the usb atm, pass through works with no issues.

Since I always use VW, for me personally, it's nicer, and better than the ego twist. You pay double, but you're getting that option, the LCD info and pass through on top. I think it's worth it.

I got the €29 option on Vaperus. I already have plenty of clearo's to go with.

One very important question; what colour did you go for? I'm thinking of chrome, but the pearl bit makes it sound a bit "metrosexual" for my liking.

I haven't one myself Fred, but that chameleon colour looks awesome.

I got the chameleon, by mistake tbh :D I didn't change the selection for colour. But it looks fine, I like it. Would have opted for black. The Chameleon has a kind of glitter effect under the coating, makes it look almost metallic.

I can tell you, neither of my Vamos have been touched since I got it ;)

It's great.

Doing out my budget here and it will be the 2nd week in september before I can get one :( It's definitely on the list though.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

I just ordered one of these!!!! :D I'm so excited!!! :D The chameleon colour was sold out, so I got Pearl. I got the smaller kit with just the "iTaste V3" and charger. I would have loved to get the bigger kit with the "iClear16" clearomizers, but I decided to get the smaller kit. Therefore I had cash left over to buy e-liquid. :)

I hope it arrives before the weekend! I can't wait to try it out. Although, I won't know what to do with it when I get it! I've never used VV or VW before, but it looks easy enough to use. I think...... :confused:

I've noticed my eGo K batteries aren't staying charged as long anymore. At first I thought it was coz the batteries were wearing out, but then I realized that I've had my e-cig stuck in my gob 24/7 since I found a few flavours that I like! (Thanx Dublin CJM!!! :) )

I've been off the cigarettes seven & a half weeks! YAY!!! I've been vaping a LOT more over the last three weeks, I'm going through bottles of e-liquid! I'm hoping the novelty will wear off soon, I hope to cut back on the amount I vap. But with e-liquids as gorgeous as "Vanilla Custard," "El Toro VP" "Wingnuts RY-C9" and "VMist 5 Star" its impossible to stop vaping.......

I ordered a small bottle of "Wingnuts Apple Sin" today to see what its like. Has anyone tried it? Is it nice? Since I found the few flavours that I like I've been sticking with them. So, I decided to get a bit adventures today by ordering the "Apple Sin." I love fruit in real life, but so far I haven't liked any of the fruit e-liquids besides the "VMist Mystic Lemon." So I really hope I like the "Apple Sin!"

I can't wait to get my iTaste V3!!!!!!!! :D YIP~EEEeeeeeeeeee...!!!!!!!!! :D Quitting cigarettes is the best thing that I have ever done! E-cigs are much more exciting!

Gillian72 wrote: »
    I just ordered one of these!!!! :D I'm so excited!!! :D The chameleon colour was sold out, so I got Pearl. I got the smaller kit with just the "iTaste V3" and charger. I would have loved to get the bigger kit with the "iClear16" clearomizers, but I decided to get the smaller kit. Therefore I had cash left over to buy e-liquid. :)

I hope it arrives before the weekend! I can't wait to try it out. Although, I won't know what to do with it when I get it! I've never used VV or VW before, but it looks easy enough to use. I think...... :confused:

I've noticed my eGo K batteries aren't staying charged as long anymore. At first I thought it was coz the batteries were wearing out, but then I realized that I've had my e-cig stuck in my gob 24/7 since I found a few flavours that I like! (Thanx Dublin CJM!!! :) )

I've been off the cigarettes seven & a half weeks! YAY!!! I've been vaping a LOT more over the last three weeks, I'm going through bottles of e-liquid! I'm hoping the novelty will wear off soon, I hope to cut back on the amount I vap. But with e-liquids as gorgeous as "Vanilla Custard," "El Toro VP" "Wingnuts RY-C9" and "VMist 5 Star" its impossible to stop vaping.......

I ordered a small bottle of "Wingnuts Apple Sin" today to see what its like. Has anyone tried it? Is it nice? Since I found the few flavours that I like I've been sticking with them. So, I decided to get a bit adventures today by ordering the "Apple Sin." I love fruit in real life, but so far I haven't liked any of the fruit e-liquids besides the "VMist Mystic Lemon." So I really hope I like the "Apple Sin!"

I can't wait to get my iTaste V3!!!!!!!! :D YIP~EEEeeeeeeeeee...!!!!!!!!! :D Quitting cigarettes is the best thing that I have ever done! E-cigs are much more exciting!

If you're vaping more for flavour then craving, cut down on your nic content.

Gryzor wrote: »

That is great value seen as 4 clearomizers are included. It works out at around €30.15. I've heard that the iClear16's are really good, I'm hoping to order one next week. I wonder if a dual coil uses up more e-liquid then a normal coil?

Was the postage from the US expensive?

How long did it take from when you ordered it to when it arrived?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

They're a decent clearo alright. I got a couple with the mvp a few months ago and tried them out. They run pretty hot and drink juice but they perform better than any other clearo that I've ever tried.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

You can get it without the clearos for around 19euros, fasttech are in China and delivery is free but it could take a month to get to you.
    I have stuff on the way from them, I ordered it two weeks ago and im still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

The big chunk of why fastech are cheaper is there isnt 23% tax on them, which you may or may not get caught with when it lands here. Customs seem to be catching on to them I know a few people now who have been caught.
    Also you have to send it back there if it goes wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

^^valid points^^

Vaperus wrote: »
    The big chunk of why fastech are cheaper is there isnt 23% tax on them, which you may or may not get caught with when it lands here. Customs seem to be catching on to them I know a few people now who have been caught.
    Also you have to send it back there if it goes wrong

I'm not touching them again. I waited over 3 weeks for a Vamo V3 and it's a bit of a dud.

I'd rather pay a little more, have it on time, and know that if I have any issues, the guys that sold it are only a message away.

I'm not touching them again. I waited over 3 weeks for a Vamo V3 and it's a bit of a dud.

I'd rather pay a little more, have it on time, and know that if I have any issues, the guys that sold it are only a message away.

Yeah, I'd hate to have to wait weeks for my order. Also, I'd be worrying about customs the whole time......

Ok, so I ordered my http://www.vaperus.ie/innokin/331-itaste-vv-v30.html and it arrived to-day! Really speedy delivery from Vaperus! Thank-you! :D

The iTaste looks gorgeous, very fancy. But I haven't figured out how to use it yet? I got two new coils for my Kanger MT3. One 1.8 - 1.0 resistance and one 2.4 - 2.6 resistance. But I don't know which one to use? I've been hours on the internet reading about omh's, VV and VW and I'm still none the wiser.

Am I over thinking this? Is it ok to just use either one of the coils and then mess around with the settings till I find one I like? Or will I blow my new e-cig up?

Working out omh's, VV & VW is like a complicated maths class. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Just start on a lower voltage and increase it until you find a level you like. If you want to do the maths simple formulas
    P
    I V

and
    V
    I R

V Volts, P Power(Watts), I Current(Amps), R Resistance (Ohms)
    Using the two above you cover up the one you want.
    So P = I x V
    I = P/V or I = V/R etc

using Vw gives you a constant Wattage VV gives you a constant Voltage

You'll know if the volts are too low and you aren't getting enough vapour, you'll conversely know very quickly if they are too high and you can taste burning.

The lower resistance coils will take less voltage then the higher resistance ones. Don't over think it.

EDIT: See Vaperus has given a nice detailed explanation, again, if you don't understand don't worry about it. Just try it, you aren't going to damage anything. The worst you could do is burn the **** out of one of the i16 heads, but you should notice the taste long before you do that. Start at the low end of the voltage and move up until you're happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Is itaste 3v much longer than an ego 650mah? Can someone take a picture of two of them together please? I like the size of ego but if itaste is not much longer id get one of them for work:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Gillian72 wrote: »
    I got two new coils for my Kanger MT3. One 1.8 - 1.0 resistance and one 2.4 - 2.6 resistance. But I don't know which one to use? I've been hours on the internet reading about omh's, VV and VW and I'm still none the wiser.

Am I over thinking this? Is it ok to just use either one of the coils and then mess around with the settings till I find one I like? Or will I blow my new e-cig up?

1.8-2.0 is a low resistance - it's said to produce a 'warmer' vape and more vapour too. It's not really recommended on small batteries such as a 510 (cig-a-like) or on say a 350mah mini eGo but that hasn't stopped me :)
    Low res is what most people seem to prefer on their VW's and mods so it's perfect for Twists and iTaste's.

2.4-2.6 is a standard resistance and if you're never really sure which to go for, go for this ohm range.

So, both are perfectly fine for your new iTaste, you most definitely will not blow it up. Always start with a low setting and puff away for a bit then increase your wattage gradually, to see which best suits whatever resistance clearomizer you're using. If starting to taste burnt, lower the watts/volts.

Advertisement