Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTaste V3 VV VW

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bakerie

Finally got one after weeks of waiting!

Is anyone finding the ohm reading to be very inaccurate? I've a > 2.0ohm head on it and it's reporting 1.5ohm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

bakerie wrote: »
    Finally got one after weeks of waiting!

Is anyone finding the ohm reading to be very inaccurate? I've a > 2.0ohm head on it and it's reporting 1.5ohm?

Did you build the coil yourself or is it a pre-made one? If you didn't build it I'd put more faith in the itaste over the advertised resistance on a pre-built head, they can be way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

rickyjb wrote: »
    Did you build the coil yourself or is it a pre-made one? If you didn't build it I'd put more faith in the itaste over the advertised resistance on a pre-built head, they can be way off.

I built it myself. Just checked it on the Multimeter and I'm getting 2.4 Ohm. I'm using the drunker tank, so below 2 Ohm is very hard to achieve, which is why I knew the reading was wrong.

Just stuck a T2 on the iTaste and it gave the correct reading (2.2ohm) and then my low res IGO-L and it got that right too (1.6ohm). The IGO-L lit up at 5V, while at 5V on the drunker I'm only getting a little vapour at 11W. I must have a small short somewhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think I'll get 1 of these batteries, I'm sick of the ego charger and having to pull up the centre post on the twists. Plus I could charge it in the car and use pass through mode.

This thing has been out a good while now, its strange no one else has made something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

EGriff wrote: »
    I think I'll get 1 of these batteries, I'm sick of the ego charger and having to pull up the centre post on the twists. Plus I could charge it in the car and use pass through mode.

This thing has been out a good while now, its strange no one else has made something similar.

The fact it uses a micro usb charger is great. Very handy little device.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »

Apart from finding the menu a bit fiddly at first, I've had a great first 24 hours with it.

Only negative is that it's blindly more obvious that you're holding something kware compared to a twist. It's around the same length, but it looks and feels much bigger.

I mainly want this for at home (I'll use a standard ego for out and about) so not a big issue for me, but I wouldn't attempt to stealth vape with it.

Feckin typically my luck. LCD screens gone wonky :( some of the segments aren't lighting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Hi guys & gals! :) I hope everyone is keeping well. I've been using the iTaste VV VW the last few month's. I really love my iTaste, I have two of them, so I've always got back up. I much prefer the iTaste to my old eGo K.

Although, I have one ongoing problem, my iTaste regularly doesn't work with my clearamizers. The battery and the clearamizers don't seem to connect a lot of the time.

I still haven't found the perfect clearamizer, I often have problems with leaking no matter what brand I try (that's a whole different problem!) so I try different brands. I've used all the Kangers and the Visions, Viva Nova etc. So this connection problem isn't with one particular brand. On average every second clearamizer I buy doesn't connect with my battery, has anyone else had this problem with the iTaste?

I normally get a tweezers (the ones with the pointy pinchers) and I pull the middle bit of the bottom of my clearamizer down. This works sometimes, but not always. (I often wonder if this can cause leaking?)

Anyway, am I doing it right? Is this the best way to get the battery & clearamizers to connect? Does anyone have this problem with their iTaste VV VW? I have a few clearamizers that I just can't get to connect to my iTaste, is there anything else I can try? It's frustrating at times. Thanx! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Have you tried pulling/wedging the positive connector inside the itaste up to meet the clearo? Dont hit the button while doing this...make sure its turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Gillian72

Mr. Chrome wrote: »
    Have you tried pulling/wedging the positive connector inside the itaste up to meet the clearo? Dont hit the button while doing this...make sure its turned off.

Hi Mr. Chrome! :) No, I hadn't tried that. I didn't think the positive connector could be adjusted, I'm also worried I'll break the iTaste. Although, I feel a bit silly for not even trying. It's makes a lot more sense to adjust the battery, instead of adjusting each & every clearamizer.

I can't get a hold of the connector with the pointy twizers that I have, but I'll try find a flat head twizers tomorrow and see if that works.

Thanks for the advice! I'll report back. :)

EDIT....

I found a flat head twizers, but it won't fit in the hole. I'll keep trying to grip the connection with the pointy twizers. Fingers crossed I'll get it. Thanx again for the advice! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Its not really supposed to move but sometimes if you tighten your clearo down too much it pushes down the pin. I dont have an itaste but when it happens with the ego I stick something like a small flat head screwdriver into it and very gently wedge it up ever so slightly.
    Again make sure its turned off or you will short out the battery :-)

Advertisement