Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you find theory test classes in Sligo?

Options
  • 09-08-2013 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Failed my first theory test and want to improve more by going to classes that would be ongoing once a week in the evening as I would have college during the day. Does anyone have any idea where in Sligo town or outside of sligo like colloney, Ballisodare,etc? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Could perhaps try this if you have android phone Irish Driver Theory Test

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

T-Bird wrote: »
    Could perhaps try this if you have android phone Irish Driver Theory Test

Thanks but really is there like classes that you could pop in and get taught face-to-face?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Driving instructor so. Ring any of them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Vlove wrote: »
    Thanks but really is there like classes that you could pop in and get taught face-to-face?

Not sure there is a such a thing. Just need to read up on your ROTR book, use the DVD, learn by the road signs/markings/traffic light sequences/car light signals when your out and about, know your hand signals, and have an idea of the breaking distances.

TBH, all a class will probably tell you is what each sign, and road markings mean, most of which are self explanatory, and explane some of the above.

The test centre might be your best bet to ask in.

Ah right, yeah I was thinking of the DVD as I have the book. I reasearched in google which showed only showed that Gills driving school includes it but its unfortunately in Mayo so thats why I'm asking around to find these things. I bet Dublin has lots and we never hear them lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ah right, yeah I was thinking of the DVD as I have the book. I reasearched in google which showed only showed that Gills driving school includes it but its unfortunately in Mayo so thats why I'm asking around to find these things. I bet Dublin has lots and we never hear them lol

Your driving instructer will go through ROTR with you, and basic car maintenance, as you will be asked questions by the examiner on the day of your driving test. However to have a driving lesson, you need to have the theory done.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Your driving instructer will go through ROTR with you, and basic car maintenance, as you will be asked questions by the examiner on the day of your driving test. However to have a driving lesson, you need to have the theory done.

Yeah that's the problem and it puts me off doing another theory test with the money and the test itself! I just want to pop into a place with a group of people that are on the same boat as me or on my own and get a driving instuctor to teach us the rules of the road like the original theory test. It would be so handy if it was nearby!

One way or other it's going to cost you! Another failed test or get instruction.
    I'd ring a driving instructor and get one sit down lesson concentrating on the theory only. Many of the questions can seem to have two correct answers so if you pick the wrong one again..............
    Cheapest is the dvd or phone app. but it's your call!

red sean wrote: »
    One way or other it's going to cost you! Another failed test or get instruction.
    I'd ring a driving instructor and get one sit down lesson concentrating on the theory only. Many of the questions can seem to have two correct answers so if you pick the wrong one again..............
    Cheapest is the dvd or phone app. but it's your call!

I don't doubt the costing (such a rip off but anyway), ill do that then so if there ain't no other option I would have to do! Anyways thanks everyone and other answers are welcome as well :)

The app kind of simulates the exam itself and will get a result at the end. There are no limits to how often you use it. Its also free.

• Advertisement

The app. and the dvd both give you countless exams to test you. But the result can show how good or bad you are at guessing the answer.
    I think the op is looking to understand why you should give a specific answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Just study for the theory test. It is the easiest test you will ever take.

red sean wrote: »
    The app. and the dvd both give you countless exams to test you. But the result can show how good or bad you are at guessing the answer.
    I think the op is looking to understand why you should give a specific answer.

I totally agree that both can be used that way. Theory should always be studied before taking tests.
    But op could also run them, write down the questions and go study. Its kind of the way I do my studying for my exams (which has worked so far fingers crossed).
    The advantage of apps are that they can be updated with changes etc.

T-Bird wrote: »
    I totally agree that both can be used that way. Theory should always be studied before taking tests.
    But op could also run them, write down the questions and go study. Its kind of the way I do my studying for my exams (which has worked so far fingers crossed).
    The advantage of apps are that they can be updated with changes etc.
    Dead right, it's the only way. I've done the dvd test just for fun and noticed a few questions you really need to study carefully as 2 answers can seem more or less the same thing, just worded differently.
    Probably to catch out the guessers!

Advertisement