Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Parts?

Options
  • 09-08-2013 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Was just wondering if anyone here knew where i could find second hand or cheap computer parts in Galway. Am trying to lay my hands on a second hand hard drive for a laptop at the moment and they seem hard to come by. So any help here would be appreciated.

Backspacer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I have a 160GB SATA 2.5 drive I could let go that I use in an external case occasionally, PM me an offer if it would suit you

I also have a 320GB, but I'd have to find space to move files to !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

backspacer wrote: »
    Was just wondering if anyone here knew where i could find second hand or cheap computer parts in Galway. Am trying to lay my hands on a second hand hard drive for a laptop at the moment and they seem hard to come by. So any help here would be appreciated.

Backspacer.

Try laptech. Its beside mcswiggans pub in woodquay

• Registered Users Posts: 44 john locke

you'd probably buy a brand new hard drive online for the same price as a second hand one in galway...I know I did recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zeitner

Definitely try Lapteck beside McSwiggans. Best place and best prices in town for pc parts. Gotten more off them over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JOS52

Better off with new for a hard drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

backspacer wrote: »

Backspacer.

I've several 2.5 inch drives available, some of them barely used. I'd be willing to part with one for 20-30 quid

They range from 80 gig up to 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I was in the same boat recently and the prices quoted in all the stores mentioned above were scandalous. It works out cheaper to buy a 500gig or 1tb external drive in currys or pc world and open it up. Maplins were the worst for prices with their 160gig drives more expensive than the 1Tb ones ... hate that place.

Amazon.co.uk has great deals on them.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-HN-M101MBB-5400rpm-Internal-Drive/dp/B0053YLTBC/ref=sr_1_1?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1376563206&sr=1-1&keywords=2.5+sata

Advertisement