Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn towards christmas

Options
  • 09-08-2013 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

OK so I've decided to admit it . This is home, from home. But of course for a lot of the year it is difficult to mention that to non believers.
    I have been wayward. So what makes me turn again towards Christmas and repent are as follows.........

In September the last swallows leave. My wife wants me to
    clear a way to the car to avoid spider webs on everything.
    Dew on grass , fog on windows and fires logs a talking point Autumn schedule revealed and thats does it for me

So.... never into Halloween. I can't wait for it to be over..... Egging etc

But I always mark the Christmas season .... eg I always add a festive cd or blue ray to the collection to remember each Christmas and on it goes.

So to all what is the "thing/ events " that make you really feel christmas is on
    it's way and when?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

The last days of the Blackberries - when the dread of "The Púca" spitting on the last few is enough to send me into the fields to gather the remaining stragglers and I can hear a Robin & see the Whtethorns hanging with bunches of deep red Haws. When the Evening Star shows brightly in the dusky blue sky, there's a steely blue mist descending on the grass and the nip in the air is enough to put 1 or 2 of the Cats off following me..... that's when I know.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

There is certainly a chill in the air there this morning when I was going to work and it instantly make me think of walking to work in Winter time and the song "It's beginning to look alot like Christmas" popped into my head! haha!

Roll on December!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

My favourite opening scene with a Christmas theme, the landscape reminds me of those two frosty Christmases, the tree's all white etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzv2Ha_mMnQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Advertisement