Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to check for on quote

Options
  • 10-08-2013 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

So I’m looking at building a 250 SQFT rear extension, with three new walls onto existing wall, with hipped roof / velux windows, a few builders have looked at it and quoted.
    One is due to come back and give a detail breakdown of costs and materials to be used..

Is there any resource I could reference to ensure I’m getting everything I need / ensure builder is not leaving out something that may become an extra later on?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mulligan11

So I’m looking at building a 250 SQFT rear extension, with three new walls onto existing wall, with hipped roof / velux windows, a few builders have looked at it and quoted.
    One is due to come back and give a detail breakdown of costs and materials to be used..

Is there any resource I could reference to ensure I’m getting everything I need / ensure builder is not leaving out something that may become an extra later on?
    Thanks

We built one recently and did not factor a floor, radiator, moving gas and water pipes, an rsj was being fitted so we needed an engineer and our builder was great, he lives in lusk and very reasonable and hardworking, rain does not stop these guys, if you want his number let me know, good luck

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

an architect/arch tech ? maybe a QS?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 puppy29

hello, Mulligan11, would you please PM me your builder's number? I want to build an extension as well as some renovation work inside of the house. I am in northside Dublin. Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Mulligan11

puppy29 wrote: »
    hello, Mulligan11, would you please PM me your builder's number? I want to build an extension as well as some renovation work inside of the house. I am in northside Dublin. Thank you very much.

I sent you his details a few minutes after I got your message, did you not get it? Look my mobile is <snip>, I'll text you his number if you want to give me yours, if you're not comfortable with that I'll MSG you here, let me know and you are more then welcome to see the work he did in my house, let me know, Orla

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Mulligan11, its never a good idea to post your phone number in a public forum. I removed it for you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement