Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Preseason Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

davyjose wrote: »
    I have a feeling there won't be many of the 2nd half players seeing much reg. season action. In fairness.

me neither, i can always hope though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I have taken Tampa +3.5 for Friday's friendly (is there a 2013/14 betting thread yet?) due to the Brady injury - serious or not, they'll want to play it safe.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bateman wrote: »
    I have taken Tampa +3.5 for Friday's friendly (is there a 2013/14 betting thread yet?) due to the Brady injury - serious or not, they'll want to play it safe.

You should have saved your money, it's preseason, Brady would only play a quarter at most even if he was at full health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I guess in a potentially low-scoring pre-season game, a fully healthy Brady playing a quarter versus Brady being wrapped up in cotton wool could be the difference.

The spread of 3.5 isn't available now anyway so I don't feel like I jumped the gun that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Bateman wrote: »

Yep:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056946470

Foles started off very well but an absolutely awful throw on the 8th yard line is picked off, advantage Mr. Vick tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What a touchdown Torrey Smith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Donald Butler your are ridiciousle.
    Rivers throws a INT after Allen is tripped, Cutler returns the favour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Foles started off very well but an absolutely awful throw on the 8th yard line is picked off, advantage Mr. Vick tonight

Watched the first half as it was the only game I could pick up. I thought Vick played very, very well. Some nice throws (albeit ones that he should make) and runs.

Kelly's offense is going to be great to watch in the NFL. Hilarious seeing the chain gang out of breath trying to keep up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Only watched the first half of the Carolina game and even if it is the pre season that o-line isn't related to the one last year. foles and Vick have had so much time and were making throws and McCoy and Polk were getting space and holes opening for them.

foles at the end of the first quarter seemed to lose concentration as he fumbled at least two snaps I saw and threw the pick.

Vick looked great and showed what he can do when healthy and has time to make throws when not off balance, and the pick was right at the end so wouldn't hold it against him.

second half to follow.....

Second half of the eagles game was okay as Barkley started off better than last week but then started missing his throws behind the intended targets which was the opposite of last week.

The defence was better than last week but still need to improve but it's pre season and they will have time but it was better than week 1 which is good to see.

so after two weeks of preseason it good that things aren't going backwards but forwards and the worries about chip Kelly's offence don't seem to be happening yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭padraig_f

That Eagles team is going to be very fun to watch if they can keep that offense going. Like watching a college game.

That Eagles team is going to be very fun to watch if they can keep that offense going. Like watching a college game.

i think there only hinting at the true offence yet but in things like foles parrallel to mccoy i think were seeing what it will be about

lesean, desean and johnson should have a field day in this offense

defense was a lot better as well not quite there yet but much much better boykins looks set for a big year

lane johnson looks a lot more polished than i thought i was under the impression he would be a lot more raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

padraig_f wrote: »

Refs face at 0:35 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

The Patriots will be honoring and holding a minutes silence for Officer Sean Collier before tonight's game. He was the policeman gunned down in cold blood as he sat in his car, by the Boston bombers.

The Patriots will be honoring and holding a minutes silence for Officer Sean Collier before tonight's game. He was the policeman gunned down in cold blood as he sat in his car, by the Boston bombers.

Nice touch by the pats. You wouldn't expect anything else from bob Kraft though.

Might watch the joe Montana 2.0 tonight in the pre season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Watching Brian Urlacher doing pre game for the Bucs-Pats game is just weird :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Alex Smith against the 49ers just feels weird.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Alex Smith against the 49ers just feels weird.

It does feel weird. I think it was a tough way for him to lose tne starting job in San Fran as he did nothing wrong.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It does feel weird. I think it was a tough way for him to lose tne starting job in San Fran as he did nothing wrong.

Yeah was tough on him alright. Hope he does well in KC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

It's a tough business. From what I know of Smith I'd say he handled it very well.

5th niners qb to land in kc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Bills D putting a whuppin' on the Vikings offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

That's just unbelievable by Brady.

EDIT: **** me the 2 pointer was even better

That was a lovely throw there.

Kickoff return td, deja vu.

Vintage Brady and a lovely two point conversion catch by the rookie.

Looks like kaepernick is done for the day, 1 series again. 1 of 2 for-3 yards.

• Advertisement

Pass rush! God I hope that lasts into the season.

Martin looks alright, would really suck if it was a concussion.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Pass rush! God I hope that lasts into the season.

Pass rush looking very good alright, camp has been very competitive. Hopefully it lasts alright.

I'm getting way too excited for this season!

Pats D line are looking damn good right now.

Dana White with a Chandler Jones jersey :D

sweet mother of christ

Wow! What a play from Sudfeld.

Doug martin head injury apparently. Left the game.

I've learned tonight that the 49ers backups are not as good as the chiefs starters.

And AJ Jenkins will be lucky to make the roster

Good play and a nice pick-six from rookie Logan Ryan.

• Advertisement

blah Moss seeming a bit bland so far.

I think he's just píssed to be sitting in a TV studio.

Geno smith won't play tonight. And yet I still think Sanchez will make a balls of it.

Really like the look of Tanney for the Cowboys.

Great execution by Sanchez in the first drive. I think he's got the job already tbh

Nice TD by the jets. If the jets hadn't given Sanchez so much money this year then it might have been a better QB comp, but Sanchez is uncutable this year.

• Advertisement

How does a team get to make the decision when the penalties off set ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

You'd be forgiven for thinking this was Eddie Lacy given reports of him putting on weight this offseason......

jollyfatguy.gif

cowboysderp.gif

Masked Man wrote: »
    Anybody watching the Pats game there's a legal stream from the pats.

http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/jwplayer/patriots-preseason-broadcast.html

Pats-Lions is here as well for anybody without Gamepass.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

No Megatron for the Pats secondary to deal with.
    Out with a knee injury.

Studfeld :(

Game has some intensity so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement