Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahhhh!!! Leaving Cert Results 2013

Options
  • 10-08-2013 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Any other matures waiting on Leaving Cert results. The days are dragging more and more til Wednesday! I have my course but I'm still nervous because it'd be nice to do well...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jplc

shawki wrote: »
    Any other matures waiting on Leaving Cert results. The days are dragging more and more til Wednesday! I have my course but I'm still nervous because it'd be nice to do well...

Yeah, have ent slept all week. The wait is killing me!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shellita

Im trying to be positive but my nerves are gone. This was my second time doing LC Hons Irish. Please God i get it!

Luckily i was exempt Irish, I,m sure you got it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭shawki

I'm getting results for...

Accounting
    Business
    Economics
    Home Ec
    Biology
    Maths(o)

Home Ec kicked my ass on the day. I got a D1 in 2006 so ill be disgusted if I get the same or lower...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Just chemistry for me, It will make for a long night tonight!!

Cant go worse than it did in 2004!

• Advertisement

Crazy stuff!!!

Maths (O) A1
    Accounting A1
    Economics B2
    Biology B2
    Business B3
    Home Ec B3

470 points!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Sprog 4

shawki wrote: »
    Crazy stuff!!!

Maths (O) A1
    Accounting A1
    Economics B2
    Biology B2
    Business B3
    Home Ec B3

470 points!!!

Wow, nice score! Thats a lot of business subjects. You must have been bored out of your skull :p

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

I did 3 lcert subjects along with first year in college.
    If I had needed to convert to points I got 200 from the 3 subjects so happy enough having left school after fifth year in 1978!
    The message...Its never too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

Chemistry A1
    Biology A1
    Maths (H) C2
    Physics B2
    Home Ec B3
    Ag Sci B1
    English (O) A2

530, was hoping for 550 for med but it's not so bad since I haven't done the LC since 2003

Ah I got a B3 in Irish Hooray ;)

• Advertisement

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    Wow, nice score! Thats a lot of business subjects. You must have been bored out of your skull :p

Unfortunately I have to repeat, I was thinking about taking up economics, how did you find it???

jplc I know how you feel I got a D1 in the Irish last year, wish you all the best doing it again xxx

jplc wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have to repeat, I was thinking about taking up economics, how did you find it???

I enjoyed it but the exam really kicked my ass on the day. I took it up in a year which is a fairly manageable as its a shorter course compared to other subjects and there's a lot of choice on the paper.

If your in a schoolbook shop have a look at Postive Economics, it's a new enough book and its way better than the other one. Also marking schemes are gold as they give really good definitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 laurenl123

if someone repeats their leaving cert and does worse can they still use their points from the previous year to get into college?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

laurenl123 wrote: »
    if someone repeats their leaving cert and does worse can they still use their points from the previous year to get into college?

Yes you can use the points from any single sitting of the Leaving.

You just cant combine points over 2 or more sittings.

Advertisement