Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course points

Options
  • 10-08-2013 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

What's up guys.

So in 2012 I got 320 in my Leaving Cert. I went on to do a PLC in Cavan in Music Performance, which I passed. I've applied to Music and Audio Production In DKIT which I WRONGLY read to be 300 points entry requirements.

Turns out it was 365 last year. What do you think the chances are I'll get a place with 320 points and a Music Fetac?

My heart is set on it and i'll be severely pissed off if I don't get it. I also realise it's my own fault for not doing correct research.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Plunkettt wrote: »
    What's up guys.

So in 2012 I got 320 in my Leaving Cert. I went on to do a PLC in Cavan in Music Performance, which I passed. I've applied to Music and Audio Production In DKIT which I WRONGLY read to be 300 points entry requirements.

Turns out it was 365 last year. What do you think the chances are I'll get a place with 320 points and a Music Fetac?

My heart is set on it and i'll be severely pissed off if I don't get it. I also realise it's my own fault for not doing correct research.

I believe it's either one or the other. You can't combine your points with the FETAC. Chances are slim you'd get in based on your LC points, just being realistic.

Hopefully you did well enough in your FETAC and have applied via that route on the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You should get an interview and be based on that I'd imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

It went down to 300, I just got offered a place this morning, I didn't think i'd get it because it was 365 last year, I was settling for music production in dun laoghaire, chuffed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jambi13

^ Yeah same! Delighted the points fell. Any music production students looking for housemates?

Advertisement