Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't break the law in France

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 crispyduck

I was caught and fined €90....ouch and it took ages to go through the paper work!

French law also requires you to carry a road triangle, spare bulb kit, disposable breathalyser and GPS devices with speed camera information are illegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

French law also requires you to carry a road triangle, spare bulb kit, disposable breathalyser and GPS devices with speed camera information are illegal.

Breathalyzer law never came in, just an advisory item. The rest you need.

Ha deadly! I was just about to pop out to go buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Do not break the law in Belgium.
    Some of the highest speeding fines in the world.
    Was driving through there last summer got stuck in the outside lane on the motorway had some fella in a Beemer up my ass trying to pass and makin shapes.
    I put the boot down was doin over a ton and the lights started flashing.
    Pulled over
    190 euro on the spot fine, they had a credit card machine in the boot and were taking the car if I didn't pay.

• Advertisement

Tehehe, ya should know better than trying to out gun a BM, ...let 'em off.
    I think Switzerland hold the record for highest speeding fines they've a multiplier of value of the vehicle x speed you are doing.
    Also for legal driving they have a Highway Tax http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_privat/04338/04340/04720/index.html?lang=en.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Also a high vis vest for the driver, and recommended to have one per passenger.

For the sake of a few quid I got the breathalyzers, I wouldn't bother messing with the gendarmerie.

High vis was mentioned in earlier post...my spare high vis is black :D

High vis was mentioned in earlier post

Oh wait, now that you mention it I don't know where I thought I saw it :o...I should finish the coffee before posting really.

[Edit] It's in the link Niloc posted
    wrote:
    An RAC spokesman said British drivers should "do their homework before they leave" to comply with French rules, for example, the need to carry a reflective jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Ha deadly! I was just about to pop out to go buy one.

Handy to have but buy it in France in a supermarket. Some rip off merchants were charging a fortune for them over here and on the ferry. They cost about €2 over there..

Oh and another point. Hi viz must be in the car not in the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Tehehe, ya should know better than trying to out gun a BM, ...let 'em off.
    I think Switzerland hold the record for highest speeding fines they've a multiplier of value of the vehicle x speed you are doing.
    Also for legal driving they have a Highway Tax http://www.ezv.admin.ch/zollinfo_privat/04338/04340/04720/index.html?lang=en.

I was driving a 9-3 aero and was actually pulling away ;).
    Sickened I was :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Don't forget lights on all the time in austria, myself and the brother in law got away with it by playing th thick irish fellas but sister in law even got fined for having sidelights on instead of dips at 3pm, they're sticklers.

Oh and another point. Hi viz must be in the car not in the boot.

Eh! Where's the boot on a camper then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Eh! Where's the boot on a camper then?

Doesn't matter where they are so as long as they can be put on before you get out of the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

In Switzerland, when the offence is severe enough it's a percentage of your salary our even confiscation of your car!

Advertisement