Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a great Physiotherapist to cure Plantar Fasciitis

Options
  • 10-08-2013 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello i have been suffering from PF for 1 year now and i am trying to cure my feet but nothing is working. I have been to four different physiotherapists already. I have tried all the recommended ways of healing ie. RICE rolling bottle, etc. I have not run or really done any exercise in months because it is to painful. If anyone knows of a good Physio preferably on the north side of Dublin i would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Also in this camp atm and working hard too and pulling hair out but thankfully I have it down to about 25% of original area.

Have to say that a bottle is too general. Look up the trigger points for the plantar muscles and use a small ball about the size of a large /small marble to be as specific as you can. Often the pain is under the plantar fascia on quadratus plantae and you need to get in there and exert your will :-) Clear adductor hallucis too.

Also make sure your calf trigger points are all clear too so that any stretching can be effective. Waste of time stretching muscles with active trigger points.
    When I had it on the other foot over a year ago , I did heel drops AND raises on the stairs as well. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I saw my physical therapist (not physiotherapist) for a mild case of this just last week, she really worked into the area (killed me at the time), but felt a LOT better afterwards and since (been for a run since too and not nearly as bad as it was).

pm if you want her number but she is on southside so may not suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ciaran McDonagh would be a very good man to see about this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Just wanted to point out that you use your feet all the time so it's very difficult to properly rest them. Might be an idea to ask your physio to address/identify the root cause of the problem.

Advertisement