Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Julie Feeney Concert at NCH. 9th. Aug. 2013

Options
  • 10-08-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Curious to know what people attending this concert thought of the performance last night? I attended and never saw this artist before but was less than impressed with her objectionable tent outfit and bizarre hairpiece. Her presentation, singing and comments during the concert were incoherent, embarrassing delays added to the concern was any preparation put in to this concert, even though present also was the RTE concert orchestra? Just wondered what they thought of the singing which sounded too mechanical and was like a digital voice with no feeling when singing. Frankly got so fed up of her when she was endeavouring to get the audience clapping during one song, I left in disgust. compare her performance with that of Mary Black or Nancy Griffith or the music of Enya....there is none.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Peter1982

The vast majority of people seemed to love it as she got a standing ovation over several minutes at the end of the show and a couple of hundred of them waited around after for photos with the aforementioned dress and album signings. I thought the performance both musically and vocally was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Goldstar101

The gig was outstanding.

It was so refreshing to see the RTE Concert Orchestra smile and enjoy the bit of banter in between songs. Their conductor David Brophy added great humour and really got on board with it, he was excellent leading the clapping during one more tune.

You don't go to a Julie Show for a run of the mill show, you go for an 'out of the box' experience both musically and theatrically. As regards your lack of preparation suggestion - she was in every paper I opened over the past few weeks as well as being on Radio One. She advertised and sold out the concert hall, scored all of her own music for the orchestra and had the costume made.

You can't compare her to other Irish artists. It's a whole package experience and had you have done your preparation/research you would have known same.

Advertisement