Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mgs 2 dilemma

• 10-08-2013 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭

I'm at a point in mgs 2 where I have to fight the metal gear rays. Iv been stuck on it for weeks and I cannot get past them. I'm thinking about just packing it in and starting mgs 3, it's the vita HD version.
    Has anyone any tips to defeat them. Is there much left in the game after this point even? Iv never been this stuck in a game before

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found it to be one of the easiest boss fights in the game. If you are having trouble then look it up on youtube which might show you where you are going wrong.

There's not a whole lot left just another boss fight afterwards and a **** load of cutscenes iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Chaff grenades to mess with their heads, then stinger in the knee and another in the mouth. Then cartwheel around for a while. If you hear them sending out their rockets just stop whatever you're doing and run.

It's the hardest part of the game. Absolutely insane on extreme mode with the 25 rays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

snausages wrote: »
    Chaff grenades to mess with their heads, then stinger in the knee and another in the mouth. Then cartwheel around for a while. If you hear them sending out their rockets just stop whatever you're doing and run.

It's the hardest part of the game. Absolutely insane on extreme mode with the 25 rays.

Ye that's what I try but I just can't seem to beat them. I think I try take on too much at once and end up getting hit by the rockets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,063 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just reminded me what a disappointment that game was on release :(

I think it's an interesting game when you play it today in light of recent events. The information control/censorship stuff was very prescient. It was ahead of its time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pity as a game it kind of sucked. Well the game was ok. The cutscenes and codecs ruined the pace. It had interesting ideas but a terrible script.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

i think its a great game, im loving it except for this stupid fight with the metal gear rays. im going to try again today and if i cant do it il youtube the rest of it and move onto sneak eater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Pity as a game it kind of sucked. Well the game was ok. The cutscenes and codecs ruined the pace. It had interesting ideas but a terrible script.

The pacing of it is absolutely atrocious, stopping every few feet for yet another 20 minute codec discussion about some airy fairy political ideology or "hah I'm so clever" Kojima injoke. MGS3 was a big improvement, still not without its tiresome cutscenes though.

Gameplay-wise I think it holds both the high and low points of the series. The level of interactivity and the visuals in the Tanker section was immense and still impresses today. The plant section was very rail-roaded and repetitive, yet even that performs an important narrative function. Storywise it was very ambitious albeit not always successful and tbh I'd put it ahead of MGS3 in that respect. I'll never forgive Snake Eater for that absurd backstory to the Cobras
    where they singlehandedly won WWII
    . That was too stupid even by Metal Gear standards

Nanomachines did it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement