Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC broadband not available?

• 10-08-2013 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi, my family wants to ditch Eircom and go for UPC but the sale representative on their online form said that UPC broadband is not available for our address. So I went on to their website and check and it is unavailable to us. However I typed in the house numbers directly across from us on our road and it turns out they have it except our house and the one beside us. It seems that our entire estate have UPC available to them but just not our house and the one beside us.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Get them to ring UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 REDLINE@

You’re not in Tallaght by any chance, same problem myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

One of your neigbours probably wouldn't let UPC pass their cable on their property,common enough unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭PenguinForce

We live in Clondalkin and pretty sure all the estate around us have UPC. One of our family friend have a problem where UPC won't wire the cable to their house because its too expensive due to their house and few others been too far in on the end of their road. I will probably ring their sales up and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

MY Sister got free NTL for life when she allowed them to pass their cables on her house,that was many years ago obviously,she still doesn't get bills for her tv service from upc. Might be worth talking to your neighbour,try to convince them to sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I wasnt on the UPC address system either....if yer not on a computer screen you dont exist!....but get this, after weeks of calls i discovered they had the address entered incorrectly in the system!

They had the city listed as Pennywell not Limerick!....i mean, wtf?????....there is no feckin Pennywell city in Ireland ffs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭PenguinForce

I posted this on UPC sub forum and a rep contacted me and said he will get the investigation started. Now I have to just wait for the phone call from UPC, whenever that may be.

Advertisement